• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Drawing Board (Idea Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
Years
  • yeah, you're right. usually people who like something know the abbreviation. ie-pkmn means pokemon. someone who didn't like it much or didn't care probably wouldn't know what it meant.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    There is a KH/pkmn RPG, but it's pretty bad. What if you had something more original than just 'the clashing of two worlds'? Maybe stick with a plot that contains something liiiike...a heartless suddenly popping up in the pkmn world, but not having the entire thing band together? Or vice versa with pkmn to KH.

I was thinkin of something like this for a pkmn RPG---

Life is different for people these days.
    Team Aqua, rocket, and Magma have all joined together, forming the greatest foe yet.
    But you, your an aspiring trainer, who wants to be the best just like everyone else. You decide, that to really heighten the enjoyment of your newfound adventure, you wish to go to pokemon school, and learn how to survive out in the pokemon world, along with the basics of battling, coordinating, ect.
    So you end up here, in the GrandPokemon Boarding school, where only the best of the best are accepted.
    Big, elaborate obisidian gates loom above you, blocking your path to a winding and twisting road to a school house that greatly resembled a mansion.
    So here begins your journey, but wait!
    You turn around and see a happy Mr.Mime, prancing up to you, when a truck skids in front of it.
    When it drives away, the Mr.Mime is gone, and all that's left is a peice of paper, falling to the pavement like the last leaf of autumn.
    You look both ways, and walk across the now deserted road to pick it up.
    All it has on it is an R, intwined with an M, and an A.
    You know this logo.
    It belongs to The RAM team, which used to be seperate in Rocket, Aqua, and Magma.
    You vow that you'll save that Mr.Mime, but first, you turn back to the gates.
    School awaits.

I dunno if I'd actually post it.If people like it then I may. Tell me if it's good or not. I had to edit it so it actually had a...small plot, but I'm thinkin it still needs major work.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Maybe I could try my hand at a Kingdom Hearts RPG. But since I haven't completed the game yet it may not be that good.

I have an idea for a Zelda RPG. I actually wrote it ages ago. It takes place in the MM time span. (My descripton will be kind of vague because I haven't reread it in a while and it's not on this computer.) The world of Hyrule was attacked shortly after Link left. Though Ganon is safely sealed away he is not the only evil in the world. Soon the only safe place left is the Kokori Forest. One day they are summoned to the Forest Meadow where they meet the owl who tells them that they must leave the forest and travel accross Hyrule and put a stop to this evil. The Kokori's say they can't leave the forest because they will die but the owl has a salution for them. In the end the accept their fate and head off on an adventure across Hyrule.

Could have been explained a little better but I think it'll do for now. What do you think?

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • Your idea sounds good Alana, a bit of polish and it'd make an interesting RP. Anyway, heres my idea, an RP based on the popular Video Game hero, Viewtiful Joe!

Viewtiful Joe: Henshin Havok

This follows the events of Viewtiful Joe 2. At the end of VJoe 2, we see Joe, Silvia, Captain Blue, and Jet Black flying towards the final Gedow stronghold, a mysterious castle floating out in space. But its merely a trap, nothing more than a plot by Gedow forces to capture the heros. Joe, Jet, and Silvia are imprisoned, but Captain Blue manges to make an escape. Fleeing for the real world, Captain Blue gives V-Watches to an audience of teens watching the movie. These teens become VFX Warriors like Joe and Silvia. Charging into Movie World with their new-found powers, they begin a rescue mission. All the while, a luminous foe known as The Clockmaker, creator of the Black VFX Watch that corrupted Jet, is preparing his ultimate Gedow warriors to conquer the real world.

What do you think? I even thought of maybe letting the players create their own VFX Powers.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I've never played Viewtiful Joe, so I don't think I'd know much ._. I'm sure it'd entertain VJ fans though!

I want to see a GUNDAM RP! ^o^ I'm absolutely horrible at making and sticking to a plot, and I'm not too good at GUNDAM history....maybe someone else who knows GUNDAM could make one! It seems kinda popular in PC now. I'd love to join if there was one.

Just an idea....

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • I don't know about the Gundam continuity, but I could probably try to formulate a plot involving giant robots blasting each other apart.

Years
  • *gasp* I haven't participated nor hosted an RP for over two years (I'm a little rusty :P) on any internet board/chatroom/whatever, but here goes.

This a rough outline of an RP I've been working on, the concept is based on a clan in an online game I used to play.

Legend of the Silver Moon

After the defeat of the Dark Star Council, the Silver Moon Kingdom prospered for many years, under the guidance of Queen Alanis Valundra XIII. Under her rule, Valundra instituted a council of the Silver Moon Kingdom?s best warriors, they were known as the Planetary Knights. These knights formed the Silver Moon Council; they helped the Queen rule over the kingdom.
    In the last 2 years of Queen Valundra?s short life she contracted a rare illness which had no cure, despite this, Valundra kept her illness a secret, and she chose to rule her kingdom even if she had contracted the illness.
    As the months passed by, the sickness got worse and worse, and finally Queen Valundra died; the Planetary Knights of the Silver Moon Council were to govern the kingdom; these valiant defenders of the Silver Moon Council strove to return the kingdom to its former glory.
    Unbeknownst to the world, the Dark Star Council were regaining their strength to regain their former glory.
    When it seemed like the kingdom had finally found peace after the death of their queen, it was suddenly attacked by the returned Dark Star Council. The proud kingdom fell quickly as it was not prepared for such a battle, its citizens were forced into exile.

10 years have passed; you and a band of other Silver Moon Exiles have been captured by the Dark Star Council and are being scheduled for execution, when suddenly the prison door is opened, and in front of you stands the legendary warrior Deltus, he helps you escape from the Dark Star prison.

If you have any feedback/ideas/suggestions/criticism/whatever, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • Heres a small RP Idea I've been nurturing, but I don't think its ready for posting. I'll post what I have here and I'd like some suggestions on how to make it better.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Dojo

This RP is set nearly 50 years after the events of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the current show). The Shredder, kept alive so many years by mystical means, is finally killed in a titanic struggle with the aging turtles. The Foot Clan's head-quarters was destroyed in a huge explosion that the turtles barely escaped from.

What the victorious turtles didn't know was that the Foot had been hoarding large portions of the "ooze," the glowing liquid that made the turtles into what they are now. The storages of the ooze leaked out into the sewer below, and its presence creates a whole new slew of anthromorphic mutant animals.

Donatello finds one of these new mutants and proposes to his brothers that they train these new creatures as Splinter had trained them. Before long, the infant mutants were being found all over and a Ninjitsu academy was brewing in the New York City sewer system.

Years later, the Academy has created a new team of animalian warriors. Then, trouble arises. The mysterious crimes that were the personification of the Foot Clan began to occur again. In NYC's criminal underworld, a new figure claiming to be the son of The Shredder rises. The Ninja Turtle's students had their first major quest before them: vanquish the Foot Clan for good.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Character profiles

Name
    Specie
    Fighting Discipline (Ninjitsu, Karate, Judo, etc)
    Weapon of choice
    Personality
    Fighting Style (How do they prefer to fight?)

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
  • Naoko-chan said:
    There is a KH/pkmn RPG, but it's pretty bad. What if you had something more original than just 'the clashing of two worlds'?
    I'm like, "Finally!" but then I read the plot. o_O.

But for my RPG that I might make, the idea of several "chosen" people seems kinda imposible/strange to me. But with multiple keyblades (BlondeHairedKid in KH2 has 2, and he's not sora O_o) it may be possible. I still can't think of how to fit that into the plotline of the game tho. (But, like, forget most of the disney aspects of it.) Maybe there could be some KH shadow pkmn, like the Stedra (my 1st fakemon) in my sig. Just my random Idea of a PKMN+KH thing.

OKAY, I had this composition I had to do in English (x_X) amd I might make an RPG with it-Plot-
    It's like a school for RPG/Videogame characters. Different classes you'd go to, quizes, ect., but instead of algebra, you'd have BlackMagic, or something like that. Sorta an RPG you do when you feel like it, I guess. (Ya know, there's no definate end to it.)

Last edited:

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • I just had an idea.

Have any of you ever played Second sight? You know how you can change the past?
    This has that element.
    The world is about to end. An evil orginization has obliterated everything. They aim to destroy humans and start a new, super civilization. Most of the human race is dead. The only survivors are dotted here and there. Now they have secretly travelled to the old capital of the world, Barrel City. However, they are hit by nuclear missiles during the meeting. Only a few survive, but they find out they can undo the past. So now they aim to alter history and save the world.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Here is a rp idea I been planning. I'd like some suggestions on how to improve it though.
    --------
    In a small dark, moist, and cold room that was only lit by a dim lightbulb, several people were locked in there and couldn't escape. Soon their lives would be changed forever. Outside the room, two sciencetists were discussing something about a experiment.

"So are the preparations for the new experiment ready?" A tall person with black hair that was wavy and he was wearing a labcoat, boots, and had a syringe held in his left hand.

"Not yet, go inject the animal DNA and this project of ours will be ready when you're finished," another sciencetist said. This one was around 5 feet tall, and had his hair dyed to a brown color even though parts of his original hair color, which was blonde, is still visible. He had a labcoat as well and had boots also.

The one with a syringe, gone into the room while wearing a gas mask. The room was filled with sleeping gas. The sciencetist injected animal DNA using the syringe, and soon each of the people had characteristics from different animals visible.

Now you think you'd know how it turn out? They plan to escape and are either sold to people or treated as slaves. Well you are wrong. The next day they are put on a uncharted island somewhere in the ocean north of Alaska. The island is torn apart by war, and soldiers frequently search the island, killing people there. Strange creatures also inhabit the island, and they are dangerous.

You been put there as part of a project. Not much is known about it, however you did hear something about it taking place on a island. Now, you have to survive, find out what this project is, destroy it, and make a decision: Stay on the island, or go to mainland.

Night-Kun

Ze Punkrocker iz backorz!!
    Years
  • I've been in the mood for a really good blood chilling, heart racing RP.. So I was thinking about basing it on the movie Saw and Saw2? Of course it will be heavily strict and many good characters will die, but what do you all think? More than likely it will be rated at least 18 and up.. Strictly for the gore and violence that is typical in the Saw movies... Plot would be (basically) that X number of people would be trapped inside this house that was fulled beyond belief with traps and gadgets specifically designed to kill or seriously wound anyone who crosses its path. Form would be something on the lines of:
    Name
    Age (?)
    Appearance
    History (?)
    Occupation/Special skills (?)
    Other
    RP Example

I just quoted myself from the thread I had made.. I thought that we could post threads about new ideas.. My bad..

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    I have this idea that I thought up a while ago...

-----

Years after the Hoenn saga, a mysterious man has risen to be powerful and has taken over the world... and all of the Pokemon in it. He has controll of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and even Orre.

The Pokemon population is mysteriously decreasing, and the Pokemon Emporer has nothing to do with it. It's discovered by the citizens of many seaside cities that there's a new land over to the far west, away from the four regions. The people have dubbed the continent Deso, and many have escaped to Deso to find that the disappearing pokemon have migrated there.

Soon, towns start forming in Deso, yet the emporer still does not know of it.

You can start out in any of the five regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, and Deso. Your actions will veer you closer to the path of darkness and the path of light, but both have only one objective: To dispose of this Pokemon Emporer.

The sign up sheet would be something like:
    Name:
    City and Region of Residence:
    History:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Starting Pokemon: (Must be the 1st Stage/Baby, No Legendaries)

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • I have another RPG idea. I haven't finished writing it yet but I'd still like some reviews.

"The war is getting steadily worse. There are more causalities everyday. And still no one knows why these creatures are here. But one thing is sure. Man kind will no fall to these mutant beings…"

It happened almost five years ago. Strange things were happening. Nothing major. But strange. The air will suddenly turn black or blue or green or any color really. The color will hover there for a moment then vanish. Strange sounds will be heard when there is nothing around to make them. What was it that was happening? No one was sure. But if the people of Earth had ever managed to venture beyond their planet, they would have found out. A rift was about to open. A portal to another dimension. Another world.

Exactly three months after the strange things began happening, the portal opened. In a flash of multi colored light the sky opened. The portal stayed open for nearly ten days. Finally it was gone. But it left something behind. Strange creatures. But they were not unknown. No. They were very well known. They were Pokemon.

The sightings of these creatures were small at first. But soon the media was swamped with them. There was no longer any doubt when a herd of Touras was caught on film. The regular animals were still there, and in the same numbers. But some foolish people, who had heard of battling, sent their pets to challenge these new creatures. Of course they were not built for battle. A Pokemon's body is made to withstand high voltage electricity, white hot flames, and extreme impacts. They were battlers. But as the normal animals were not, they were killed. The Pokemon didn't mean to do it. But they were confused too.

People were nervous. They didn't like these new creatures. The regular animals were dying. When trying to defend their territory, they were being over powered by the Pokemon's attacks. The Pokemon were not meaning to do it. They just weren't used to their opponents being so weak. Even most baby Pokemon could survive a Thunder Shock attack.

One day a group of ten hunters decided to have a little fun and go hunting a Stantler. They succeeded in finding a herd of Stantler after a while. They also managed to kill one. Well this made the rest of the herd rather angry. Unlike the regular animals, Pokemon take revenge. Unlike the humans of the Earth that the Pokemon come from, the people of our Earth are ill adapted to dealing with Pokemon attacks. Only one hunter survived.

People were outraged. They wanted revenge. More hunters went after Pokemon. Not many survived the attack by the rest of the herd. Through all this, the only ones who still remained on the Pokemon's side are the ones who know about Pokemon. The fans. They did their best to help the Pokemon but it was no good. After a short time the military was dragged in. This only made things worse.

The Pokemon were hurt, scared, confused. The humans they were used to were good to them. They never did this. Why were these humans so different? In order to survive they had to fight.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Gash, Alana, I'd totally join those RP's. I think Gash, maybe you could find a way to lengthen the Plot a little? You know, give a little background? Alana's are always extremely long (which makes me extremely jealous :D) which is good. I think yours is good Alana. I also like yours Avatar. It's an interestingly non-pokemon non-show based/oriented Plot. I like it!

~Naoko~

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Here's the set-up:

Deep beneath the streets of a sprawling town called Grand City, a confrontation occured.

An alchemist, obsessed with a new power he's obtained, has taken the souls of two gods and the cells of a dangerous demonic virus and spliced them together.

This improved demon virus has given him unnatural powers, and enabled him to control demons. He decides to destroy the population of the city by injecting the virus into the water supply.

He is accosted by a police officer named Vincent Sinclaire, just as he is about to do this, and after a brief skirmish, Sinclaire falls into the contaminated water.

Awakening a few hours later, Sinclaire finds himself having been changed, and is now a twisted hybrid of a demonic god and a human.

In the city above, twisted mutants and creatures have been born from the effects of the Alchemists virus.

But his ambition cannot be completed by this alone.

Sending two powerful demons to the heavens and deep into the Earth, the Alchemist has called upon the wrath of Heaven and Hell, and now the armies of both are meeting to do battle in the streets of Grand City, each being decieved by the Alchemist.

Heaven and its allies now fight Hell and its allies in an epic struggle. In the middle are the ones who survived the destruction of their city. Sinclaire, now given new powers, will join with others in order to fight and survive...and to take revenge upon the Alchemist, who destroyed their lives.

BOTTOM LINE: Basically, you can make a character, either a lower, demi-god (like Eros or Callisto) and design them as you wish, or create a human who has been twisted by the virus.

Character design:

You make a character following these guidelines (i'll make my character as an example)

Name: Vincent Sinclaire (Most just call him Sinclaire

Job: Elite Police Officer

Deity: Sobek (link for basic info http://www.pantheon.org/articles/s/sobek.html He is very loosely based on him.)

Description: Now that he and Sobek have become fused, he no longer looks human.

He stands about seven feet tall, with a white, shimmering armored torso. His arms are greyish, ending in clawed hands. On his back are blades made out of hard, bone-like material and in fleshy sheaths. They are small, dirk-like blades. His legs are the same as his arms, and his feet are like taloned human feet.

His head is humanoid, but there's a large, cicular growth in the back instead of hair, that glows like the sun.

Element: Light (there are now a few new Elements: Besides Force (wind) Electricity, Fire and Ice and Earth, there is now Water, Dark, and Light.

Weapon: The blades float alongside him when he undoes the latches that hold them in the sheaths. He controls them mostly with his mind, though he has to move his arms and body in order to swing them with any degree of force.

Bio: Having tracked down the Alchemist in order to arrest him in link to a series of murders, Sinclaire and his crack team of police officers were all thrown into the viral infected water treatment system. Now, the whole city's drinking water has been contaminated, and the citizens are either dead or turned into demons.

He has vowed revenge on the Alchemist, and is now trying to find his way out of the maze-like sewers in order to grow used to his demonic new body.

Now, the world. Basically, the factions are:

Heaven: Still ruled by YHVH (YHWH?) and Metetron, Metetron's role is more direct, but he isn't currently involved in the attack on Grand City. He has sent Michael to lead the attack, and Uriel and Gabriel to back him up, but he has enlisted a few allies to supplement the armies needed.

Alighnment: Law

Hell: Ruled by Lucifer, its a much bigger, grander, less organized version of Heaven. Lucifers army is bigger, but lacks the power and coordination of Heaven's forces, so numbers are how he wins most battles. Lucifer has sent his right hand man, the Arch Fiend Mammon to lead his forces, along with their allies.

Alighnment: Chaos.

The Minions of Ra: Basically, the Egyptian Pantheon. They work with Hell, supplying them with info, strategy and manpower. Sobek is orginally from them, but Sinclaire is neutral. Another exception is that the main strategist for the Minions of Ra, Thoth, has joined Heaven for unknown reasons.

Alighnment: Chaos

The Pantheon: The Greek Gods, with a few Roman and Japanese gods, they serve Heaven and Metatron. Their leader is Athena, who rules them with an iron fist and a powerful military mind. Her second-in-command is Aries, one of the more powerful demons/gods in the attack.

Alignment: Law

Others: A spattering of other Hindu, Japanese, Egyptian and Persian gods and demons have also come to the battleground of Grand City, but they have chosen no particular side.

Alignment: Neutral

The Aesir: A small, but strong group of Norse Gods, led by Thor, also have come to the city, choosing no side by their own. However, Thor has a vendetta against Heaven, and refuses to aid them or any who side with Law.

Alignment: Neutral/Chaos.

Promethius' Army: Promethius has become something of an immortal weapons dealer. He and his group of gods and demons who serve him work for the highest bidder, and are not above betrayal and double-crossing. They offer powerful weapons and personnel however. They currently work for Heaven, constructing a secret weapon.

Alignment: Neutral/Law

The Survivors: Basically, this is you, the RPer. Any gods living in secret in Grand City, or an infected human fall in this category. You may join any group, but most will not take you easy, and it is reccomended for survivors to try to band together.

Alignment: Neutral

The point of the RP is, you start out as a Syrvivor, a neutral party, and you can then decide to join one faction to bring down another, or you can join a neutral group and help both sides, or you can stay fully neutral and fight everybody.

This is a very mythological RP, and very serious, all who are interested, post a character following the guidelines I set up.

Would anyone be interested in joining this RP? It would require mature and expirienced RPers.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • I've had an idea for this Pokemon RP for a while.

Barrel City, Alvo Region

Officialy run by the corrupt government, but everyone knows that the local gangs, Team Gear, Team Axle, Team Wrench and Team Joint really run it. It is a cruel place, of loss, misery, and pain. Yet the Pokemon League dosen't do anything.

Barrel City is divided into four disticnt areas each with their own gang. Gear takes the north, Axle takes south, Wrench takes west and Joint, east. They rule through terror, extortion and other machivellian qualities. Their pokemon are trained to high levels viciously bullying the weak ones.

Now a couple new trainers come together to try and bring peace to Barrel City. They'll need a pokemon, and enough skill to beat the four gang leaders. But with the 'law' prohibiting you from certain methods, solving this crisis isn't exactly legal.

But wait. There's more. The gangs are always looking for more blood to add to their ranks. Gang wars over turf are frequent. Pokemon are being used all the time. Many have died. Would you join a gang if the choice came up? At the moment Team Gear are slowly infecting Team Joint's area. The bigger they get the more complicated everything gets. Teams Wrench and Axle are considering merging to take down Team Gear. Unfortunately this could result in a full scale war and destruction of the city. The clock is ticking. Can you save Barrel City? Or will you let it be destroyed? Your destiny is ahead....

The sign up sheet would be something like this.

Name-
    Age-
    Gender-
    Description-
    Personality-
    History-
    Starter Pokemon-
    Other-

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back