• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] The Drink of Disenchantment (A Harry Potter Universe RP) [T]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Just in case this gets off the ground, I'll be backing out too. I've been over-piling my schedule lately and want to cut down on things. Here's hoping you guys get to have some fun in the wizarding world (and tussle with some Slytherins)!

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I understand, Opal will be missed </3

I just submitted the IC thread, so hopefully it'll be up and running soon :D I'll add the link once I can!

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
    Years
  • Unsure if still accepting, I really like harry potter.

Name: Kayla Tesorb (Tes-orb)

Year at Hogwarts: Year 4

House: Gryffindor

Animal: Owl (Eurasian Pygmy Owl, female) Named Poofley
    220px-Glaucidium_passerinum_20110413.jpg
    Can only really carry small items.

Appearance: 4' 9" Tall, 104 lbs. Somewhat pale complexion, long curly brown hair with blond highlights(Down to her waist), amber eyes. Often wears a small blue hair ribbon atop her head. Overall stature is average, though her arms are a bit slim and her legs are a bit thicker. She wears glasses whenever she's seated in the back of a classroom, the glasses are just a standard black affair, oval lenses, she doesn't often wear them when she doesn't need them and often forgets where she left them.

Patronus: Fruit Bat

Personality: Generally calm, collected, and quiet, for the most part. Though it doesn't take long for her to get aggravated. She does well with noise and other disturbances for the most part though. She'll often spend most of her off time reading, not because she exceptionally likes reading, but because it's just something she likes to do to pass the time, and less of a tool for learning, though she is quite able to learn from literature. She also takes to hands on things fairly well.

She has trouble working together with other students. Anything group related usually has her letting them take care of most things while she does very little or she takes control of most things, or just does her own thing altogether and forgoes any sort of partner.

She loves animals, any sort, though she's always wary of insects. She often wishes she was the center of attention while at the same time being horrified of it as she'd not know what to do with it all, so she doesn't go out of her way to do many extra things unless she really wants to stick with it. She can also have a terrible short term memory at times, often picking up something to forget why she needed it in the first place, and she loves sarcasm.

Background: A halfblood with a wizard father, and a muggle mother. She has an older sister as well, who is also a muggle, her parents are divorced. Her father married her mother and never intended to tell the woman he was a wizard, and had been successfully keeping up that front until her older sister was born. He thought he'd have to come clean at that point when to his surprise he found his first born daughter had no magical ability at all. It wasn't until Kayla came about and demonstrated her own magical prowess at the age of five (She was pushed down the stairs by her sister and bounced down them, the mother saw and had to stop her from throwing Kayla down again as to watch her bounce some more) Suffice to say they soon split up, Kayla living with her father, her sister with her mother. They still see each other on occasion though. She also spends a lot of time with her fathers sister, as she also lives with her and is honestly home far more often than her father.

Kayla is a fairly decent student, by no means is she the best she's definitely not the worst. She hates to do homework and usually does it as soon as possible, which often ends up with her having rushed and made some errors, but as long as she doesn't do too bad it's alright with her. She often finds herself excelling in transfiguration and potions, more so in potions though, she just finds it fairly easy to do things based upon a recipe. She can ride a broom rather decently, though she doesn't ever mention this to anyone, not because she's hiding it, just because it hardly ever comes up, or is relevant.

Last edited:

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022

Well look at that, we won't be down a Gryffindor after all! Kayla Tesorb is accepted :)

Also, even though the IC will be up soon, I'm not closing SUs.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Might looking into getting an SU up if you'll have me, its slow season so I can make time for another RP.

EDIT: Ooh look a fancy new SU

x76b7pN.png

Name:
    Cyrus Blackwood

Year
    Year Six

House:
    Slytherin

Animal:
    Egyptian Mau cat named Hijinks

Appearance:
    Exceptionally pale skinned, its as if he has never seen the sun before. His jet black hair is generally left in a ragged mess, but he try and gel it down into a socially acceptable style for important events. His eyes are a deep green, past emerald and more aventurine

Patronus:
    Panther

Personality:
    Manipulative: Cyrus will easily use others to get what he wants, with little to consideration for what consequences might befall those he uses.

Racist: As with most Slytherin, Cyrus tends to be a bit pigheaded when it comes to 'mud bloods' as he calls them. He feels magic should be used only by those with magical blood. Interestingly he is fine with half bloods, however he will use insults about their muggle parent if he gets a chance.

Loyal: When raised with the belief that the only people you can truly trust are family, you tend to get along with the few people who you do end up trusting. and as such he would do almost anything for them. Spare anything that would require him to get killed, or to put a stain on his name. He'll get somebody else to do those things for you though!

Cunning: Exceptionally gifted, he is wise and very well read, making up for his otherwise mediocre skill with potions and spells.

Background:
    The Blackwood family didn't exist a hundred years ago, whatever name they had prior to that has been removed from as many records as they could find. Perhaps they had been dark wizards in the past who needed to escape public eye, perhaps they had simply had a paranoid ancestor.
    What is known however, is that when the name Blackwood started appearing, it appeared everywhere in the wizarding world. The Blackwoods are a large family, and have members working in Gringotts, the Ministry, and they even own a shop in Diagon alley. What exactly they sell there is as much a mystery to them as it is the consumers.

Cyrus is the second child of Xurik and Heather Blackwood, A ministry woman and a retired dragon tamer. The eldest Blackwood child is currently studying Alchemy somewhere in the states while the youngest, Cyrus younger brother is only ten years old and stays at home with their father.

At home, Cyrus liked to scare his younger brother into believing that a troll lived in the woods outside their mansion. He went as far as to hiring a neighbor to dress up as one and scare the poor boy just as his sister had done to him when he was younger.

When he began going to Hogwarts, he made his family proud by being sorted into Slytherin. The same house his entire family had been in for as many generations as they are willing to remember. He quickly befreinded a Slytherin girl named Alice, who could easily cast him under the table, but for one reason or another didn't. Perhaps it was love. Or perhaps she was simply waiting to use him as he would her. Oh yeah he doesn't know the difference.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Gonna start working on my first post <3

I'm thinking of having Cyrus in a bit of a power struggle with some other Slytherins over who is the most important member of the house, something I think really fits the theme of Slytherin. All while still pushing him to seek out the source of these rumours about the drink of disenchantment.

Can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with! <3

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm all for people building out individual stories for their characters, so I'm excited to see what you post :)

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Hey, this is a little awkward, and I'm sorry for the inconveninience if it causes any, but can I jump back in? Things really aren't as busy as they seemed at the time and I'm still really motivated to write out some Hogwarts adventures!

Here's Opal's app again. It's relatively unchanged but I did edit the look of it, as well as clarified that she's a fourth year wizard; it originally said "Year 3", even though the Personality year implied that it was Year 4 for her.

Spoiler:

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022

Don't worry at all, Opal already received her Hogwarts letter so you can jump right in! I'll just make sure to update her year in the player section in the original post.

Welcome back :D

Also it looks like we have the most Slytherin players, so best of luck to our classmates this year ;)

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Thanks a lot! I'll get started on a first post.

ayyy Slytherin Trio, les go

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I noticed quite a few of you have gotten your first posts up, so I'll see about getting an event post up as well some time this week. It'll be an event that happens within the school and your characters can respond to the situation if you'd like them to :)

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'll definitely get something up to. What I want to write is plotted out but now I just have to write it out, aha

My proceeding post might actually involve some Ravenclaws though, just in case anyone's interested.

Back