• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen the DS cartridge could make this game 4 times longer!

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    That would be awesome if they had a longer game. I don't care about more regions; I just want a more detailed slower one-region game. Pokemon raise levels to quickly in my opinion.

Years
  • he means like use the 3 older regions from the eirlier games. i don't realy think they'll do something like that anyway. i know the cartridge can hold that no problem, but that would be too much work in my opinion.

and isn't the cartridge a gigaBIT, not a gigabyte?

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    Ok well I hate programming and stuff so you'll have to explain, what a gigaBIT is.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    Well we know what they are doing with the extra sapce. There will be variations between male a female pokemon, As far as the game knows they will be different pokemon, right?

Last edited:

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • Tbone2356 said:
    Ughm Dude......Whats With The Attitude?

If You Dont Care For Discussion On The Game Then Dont Post Here.....

Everyone Wants It But The Way You Put It You Wouldnt Care If D/P Was A 1 Minute Animation On The DS.....

So If You Have Nothing Really Worth Discussin Here Besides Cursing Comments Then Dont Post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway Thatd Be Cool To Have All 4 Regions But They May Just Sum It Down To Like Maybe One Region Or A Battle Frointier Or Islands Or Battle Tower.....

If All Four Regions Would Be Implemented Then It Would Proabably Be In The 2nd Version Of D/P (Ex. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald)

If Any Region Im Going To Guess Johto Seeing As They Havent Released A Remake And Will Try To Make Up For It By Introducing It Into 3d.

If Their Is Other Regions I Dont Want It To Be Like It Was In The G/S/C Games Like You Could Get The Badges In Any Order And Then What....Nothing...They Should Have An elite four for each and if this was the last pokemon gen they release i would like to see An Ultimate Championship

Ex- Their Will Be An Elite Four In Each Of The Regions All Needing 8 Badges From That Region. When You Beat Say The Shinou Elite Four You Get A Badge/Ribbion/Cup. And A Pass To To The Next Region And Do It Over Agian And Then Once You Get All 4 Badges/Ribbions/Cups Of Each Elite 4 You Are Accepted Into The Ultimate Championship, A Sort Of Battle Frointeir Or Very Hard Version Of Elite 4....Each Region Should Have Their Own Story Lines Too....

But Keep In mind That Even With All Of The Storadge Space It Would Be Pretty Strange To Play pokemon being really long.

ex- after one elite 4 in a regular pkmn game your lvl is usally 50-65 right? well in the next region is the 1st gym going to be lvl 50-65 too? that would be wierd because the lvls would get too high for the game....the only real options they might have are these:

1. make it harder to lvl up ex-1st gym would be lvl 7-9 lol and rare candys would be called ULTRA RARE CANDYS (I Dont Like This One)
    2. Raise The Maximum Lvl To 200 or 300 Which WOuld help but still be wierd at another regions frist gym and doesnt explain why all other regions cant excede past the lvl 100. (I Dont Like This One)
    3.Each Region Will Have All Of "Its" Pokemon And About 50-60 In Total From Each Other Region. After The Elite Four Of One Region You Will Enter The New Region At Its Starting Town For Some Reason (Ex- Proffesor Of Shinou Wants You To Go See This New Proffesor) And your All Pokemon From The Other Region will Stay At That Regions Pc System And Not The Other And Upon Arriving Some Cut Scenes Happen And You Get The Starter Pokemon For That And Well Start Over And At The End Of The Game You Will Be Allowed To Visit Each Region Any Time And The Pc Storadge Systems Will All be Connected So You Can Acsess Each Pokemon From Any Regions And You Gather Your Toughest Pkmn To Battle The Ultimate Championship Thing I Talked About Above (Im Ok With This One, Sounds kind Of Cool And Reasonable).

Well Thats All I Need To Say....For A While At Least....
    I totally agree, but only with the Jhoto region. Also, you should keep your pokemon and just make the gyms and elite four stronger. Then we could go everywhere available. Anyway, they should have bigger pc boxes and an extra save or two.

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    By the time you go on 4th region, your Pokemon's level will be overpowered, I don't think it's a good idea.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I don't know if they'd fit all those regions in there since the improved graphics will also take up extra spaces, not to mention that supposedly the male and female pokemon will have different sprites(or models, I'm not sure how it will look in a battle).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • By the time you go on 4th region, your Pokemon's level will be overpowered, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Yeah the Pokemon will be too powerful though. So your right. Unless if they make all Pokemon go to Level 200, but we know thats not going to happen.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • DS cards can hold at least 1 Gbit. This is different than 1 GByte. Nintendo likes to measure it's carts in bits, while most of us are used to measuring file size in bytes. There are 8 bits in a byte, so you can do the math. I believe Emerald came on a 128 Mbit cart, which is about 16 MBytes. That explains the lack of size of the ROM images.

IMO, I never liked the fact that all of the Advanced generation of games finished the story when your party was around lv 50. A longer story could move these up to 80 and I'd be happy. They wouldn't be over powered if the story's levels increased as well.

Either way, if multiple regions are included, trading should be unlocked after clearing the first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    ruby and sapphire are 16 mb apiece... and if you can go up to 256, you have plenty of room

i'd say it won't go past 80-90mb...

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • They never fill up a cartridge never, for the reason of adding extras in the future. If they used the full 1gb on diamond and peral they would not be able to add future games pokemon to them.

1nintendofanZ

The One Who Makes It Happen
    Years
  • OKay let me explain this in prettty simple terms. This game boasts better graphics, more pokemon/more sprites, both male and female sprites, day and night features, working time clock, etc.
    When you put this all together it means it will take up more memory and when I say this I'm not excluding the fact that it may be longer but most likely it won't be 4 times longer/bigger. Thank you and I don't mean to get anyone steamed up if I do.

~*~1nintendofanZ~*~

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Heh...allow me to reply to that in as neutral a way as possible.
    Better graphics: They take up more space. However, it really depends on how they do the graphics. From current screenshots, it appears that they will use the standard tiles, only skewed and bumped to give the illusion of depth. This could easily be done with the GBA graphics on the DS hardware.

More Pokemon / Sprites: Lots of space would go to this. With over 400 pokemon now, that's a lot of sprites just dedicated to that. The male / female thing may just be a simple mod of the sprites tho, so it doesn't necessarily double the number required.

Day / Night: A simple color overlay of the existing sprites can alter their appearence. Not much added space requirements here.

Time: The DS has a built in clock. Also, even in the GBA games, the clock is simply two variables: one for hours, one for minutes. Very little space. Coding for the clock << (much much less than) Sprites for everything

Longer Gameplay: If you have a set number of sprites, you could make a game that lasts 10 minutes, or 10 days (or 10 years). The game length does not necessarily mean more memory, as they recycle sprites. (How often do you see the same grass, trees, etc. over and over?) This only requires the RAM of the DS, and only a small portion on ROM on the card to hold the sprite data. A vast ocean can be made of 1 16x16 tile.

The Game Length will mainly depend on development time and story length. There are plenty of lengthy GBA games that have yet to go over 256 MBits. The potential is there for a huge game with loads of sprites, but there is also potential for a small game with few sprites (although I'm hoping for the former:)).

Memory Map (estimated):
    |Game Code|
    |
    |
    |Sprite Data
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |Empty Space
    |(to the next page)

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Oii, as long as DP doesn't turn out to be as riddled with puzzles like the Golden Sun games, then I'm all for the extra length. They could do a lot of excellent storytelling with that extra time. Perhaps we could delve into another save-the-world stories as was done in the last arc of the story in RSE, what with the threat of eternal drought / the land being submerged.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • Long New Online Theory....

Besides My Earlier Therorys Of How This Game Could Be Longer Their Could Also Be Another Theroy (I Doubt It But Lets Give It A Shot!)

What If The Game Is Set Up Differently Like Animal Crossing???

What If Their Is Neutraul Shinou And Then An Online Region....

Like You Would Go Throughout Your Daily Business Playing In The Shinou Region But Then Their Is A Speacial Connection In Pokemon Centers Instead Of The Giant Show Room Things That They Had In Emerald...The Nurse Would Link You Up And Since Their Proabably Would Be Friend Codes....Nurse Joy Will Show You A List Of Your Friends Who Have Lets Say Registered Them Selves As Online And Waiting To Connect And To Keep It Simple Lets Just Say 4 Ppl Are Aloud To Be In One Online Region....The Friend Who Is Just Doing Their Business In Shinou Will Get A Msg On Their Screen (If In Battle Or Cut-Scene The Person Connecting Will Have To Wait) That They Have Been Invited Online...If They Accept The 2 Players Would Go Into Lets Say Another Smaller Region For Them Too Explore Together And Complete Missions...If They Wanted More People To Come They Could Invite 2 More And Go On An Online Adventure And Battle Each Other If They Would Like...When In Battle If The Top Or Bottom Screen Is Not Used You Will See What Your Friends Are Saying...And Then Leave When You Feel Like It....Their Could Be Rabid Pokemon Or Evil Grunts In This Land Which Will Make It Hard For One Person To Go It Alone (lets Say One Person Can Surf But Others Cant) If This Is The Case When They Enter They Should Enter With The Abillity To Use Any HM Move Outside Of Battle Without Their Pokemon Learning It...Or If It Was Set Up Like The 4 People Get A Mission Then They Would Recive Gear They Need To Complete It...But All HMs Recived In Online World Will Dissapear In Real One....All Stats And Levels And Items Gathered Shall Be Kept Though...

Once You Finish All The Missions And Beat The Online Region You Could Go Their Just To Chill Or Battle But When Thats Done Their Can Be Another Room Setup Like The Emerald Showcase Room Where Instead Of Going To The Online Region You Can Connect Their With Lets Say 16 Friends And Trade And Battle With Out Fancy Missions And Such...

Some Of You May Think This Is A Great Idea But You Haven't Realized Their Is No Solution To Picking Up Your Game With Other Friends....Well Here It Is...
    The People That Are Online In The Region Can Establish A "Guild" Lets Say Now Or Later...When They Establish A "Guild" It Will Be Like A Save Spot.....
    When You Talk To Nurse Joy And Ask Online Connections You Have 3 Slots....And The "Guild" That Was Saved With The 4 Friends Will Take Up 1 Spot...Then Through This The Players Can Visit Their Online Game Even When No One Else Is Around...Then At Will The Other "Guild" Members Would Go To Their Online Save Slots And See Which Guild Members Are There..Then They Would Go Into The Online World At The Nearest Pokecenter They Were At Last Time...The "Guild" Slots Would Save Automattically After You Establish One And If 3 Players Are In One Guild They Can Invite Another Player Into Their Online World When All Of Them Are Online And Then They Could Allow Him To Join....You COuld Leave The Guild At Anytime And If More Then 1 "Guild" Member Is Online (Say 2) You Could Invite Guests To Help Out With Things....

If Your Not Comfortable With All "Guild" Members Being On At The Same Time To Make Other People Join Then While Your Online You Could Select One Of Your Friends And Post His Stats Into A "New Member Guild" Option...Lets Say This Online World Will Have An Online Option In The Start Menu Where Many "Guild" Options Are...So Players Will Get A Signal When They Enter That A New Player Has Been Posted To Join And The Others Will See His Stats And Approve...If All Members Approve The One Being Approved Will Get A Call From The Person Running The Online Connections In The Poke Center And They WIll Say He Has Been Accepted Into A Guild And He Could Join If He Want...But Only Reciving This Call If You Have Registerd Your Self Online....Or If You Register Online After You Have Been Accepted The person Running The Connections Will Tell You Directly....

Possibly Their Will be A Post Office In Pokecenters Or The Person Running Connections Will Call You And Tell You That You Have Mail Or Tell You Directly...

A Plus Side Of This Feature Would Allow Shinou To Not Be Over Crowded With 400+ Pokemon And Send A Couple Of Few To The Online World...

When You Battle Friends You Can Stake Items And Also Trade Outside Of Battle...

I Think This Would Be The Best Way To Use The DS's Wireless Features And Too Use The Memory It Has....

Last edited:

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Wolt said:
    Judging from the map of Shinou, it may be a lot larger than Hoenn or Johto. Shinou's topography implies that the region will be mostly mountainous.

Also, the Pokémon games didn't exactly take advantage of the 128 megabits in the cartridge, so if GameFreak wanted, they could've stuffed Johto into Ruby/Sapphire, but it'd be a lot of work nonetheless.

Yeah, it looks like mountain climbing may be a key part of touring Shino.

And I was always disappointed that the Johto region didn't get to be in any of the GBA games. :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    I reckon that now they can have a lot more room etc. They should make a satdium/collosseum/XD Game. I'd love that!!!!!

Tbone2356 said:
    Besides My Earlier Therorys Of How This Game Could Be Longer Their Could Also Be Another Theroy (I Doubt It But Lets Give It A Shot!)

Maybe that's what downstairs is for????

Last edited by a moderator:

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • Uhm... Tbone2356: I'm afraid that new adventure isn't gonna happen. While there could be guilds and things like that, it seems like you're thinking of a Phantasy Star Online-type thing, and, while that would be SOOOOOO awesome, I don't think that's a Pokemon thing. I would actually be surprised if there was any more than just battling over Wi-Fi, which saddens me, but expecting more will only diappoint you when the game comes out (of course, I hope that I'm wrong and there IS more to Wi-Fi than battling).

In regards to the memory issue: don't worry about it; they probably won't come close to filling the game card (the reasons have already been stated), but even if they did fill it up, you're forgetting that we have TWO versions of the game. There COULD be version-specific features (although that would really suck, and I doubt that it's gonna happen).

Also, I love the idea of extra save files! I always want to replay the game, but I never want to lose all the hard work that went into my previous game, which is why I've never restarted a Pokemon game in my life. Multiple save files could allow people to have a "main" file, and another file or two for replaying and experimenting. Like, say you wanted to use a gameshark (which I don't condone, by the way). You could use it with one of your other save files so as to, firstly, not put your precious save data in jeopardy, and, secondly, so you could feel the power of hacked Pokemon without losing that satisfaction of playing the entire game without cheating. Judging from past experience with making games (which isn't a lot, so please correct me if I'm completely wrong), the extra save files would take up such a small amount of space in terms of bytes/bits that they almost wouldn't matter.

*Huff* *Huff* *Cough* *Wheeze*

Last edited:
    Back