• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Just posted all female variation sprites for Generation IV Pokémon, since I didn't do them the first time around. It was interesting zooming in on sprites I haven't worked on since late 2011/early 2012, as my resizing style has definitely changed/evolved since then.

Nonetheless, here are the missing female sprites that have been added: Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Roserade, Combee, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Finneon, Lumineon, Snover, Abomasnow, Weavile, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, and Mamoswine.

Now all that's left is Gen III! I haven't updated the sprite packages yet to include the previously missing female sprites, but I am waiting for that until Gen III is completed because I will also be doing some final touch-ups to some of the sprites.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Amazing! You think you could do this for black/white sprites up till the 3rd gen? I like those sprites a lot more, plus they aren't cut off like with the older sprites, you can actually see almost the entire sprite, plus they're a little better detailed and proportioned!

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I had a go at Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza's front sprites:
    11kgy7q.png

Kyogre wasn't too bad but sheesh, Groudon and Rayquaza were a pain...

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I had a go at Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza's front sprites:
    11kgy7q.png

Kyogre wasn't too bad but sheesh, Groudon and Rayquaza were a pain...
    I appreciate the effort but I'm afraid I can't accept these. (I think it's best that I do the legendaries anyway, since they'll be the last sprites for this project that I work on. I should be the one to finish what I started, right?)

Also I am closing submissions for good. I am finishing up the Hoenn sprites pretty quickly and I estimate that this entire project will be completed in the coming weeks. The next update will be a mega update for sure.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • Nice work dude! :D But where is the attachment for Gen. III? :/
    If you pay close attention to the original post, you'll notice Gen. III isn't completed yet. In fact he stated a few posts before you that he only had a bit of Gen. III left to finish and that was to be the end of his project. Patience is a virtue. Also, welcome to the PokéCommunity :D

KKJ

Abominations of mankind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Not to look rude by anything , but Excadrill looks realy bad (imo it looks like Sandslash deformed brother)
    Beside that i find everything (well mosty) perfect !well ahem
    OH YEAHH ,some sprites when they go up and down , there is a like a spriteless line between the sprite and the move thingy thing (ex : Chimchar , Heatran , etc)
    I know its not a lot but it really bugs me when i have to modify a sprite , SPECCIIAAAAALYY if its done by another person (You , Chaos Rush ).
    Well , remember this is just MY opinion , soooo yeah ...

Last edited:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • Not to look rude by anything , but Excadrill looks realy bad (imo it looks like Sandslash deformed brother)
    Beside that i find everything (well mosty) perfect !well ahem
    OH YEAHH ,some sprites when they go up and down , there is a like a spriteless line between the sprite and the move thingy thing (ex : Chimchar , Heatran , etc)
    I know its not a lot but it really bugs me when i have to modify a sprite , SPECCIIAAAAALYY if its done by another person (You , Chaos Rush ).
    Well , remember this is just MY opinion , soooo yeah ...
    You can edit this with Wichu's Advanced Sprite Position Editor. The sprites are not indexed.
    Also thank you very much for this project, I'm looking forward to the gen 3 sprites :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    @Chaos Rush -> Well, you've made your first Reshiram and Zekrom sprite (I mean the one you've posting earlier in the thread). Then, there is another Reshiram and Zekrom sprite (the latest one/inside the Gen V zip file, I mean). Well, my suggestion, make the first front sprite of Reshiram and Zekrom (I mean the one you've posting earlier in the thread) as "frame 2" of their sprite. If you can understand this, then, okay. Now, you've just done another 2 frame 2 sprite. XD

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • @Chaos Rush -> Well, you've made your first Reshiram and Zekrom sprite (I mean the one you've posting earlier in the thread). Then, there is another Reshiram and Zekrom sprite (the latest one/inside the Gen V zip file, I mean). Well, my suggestion, make the first front sprite of Reshiram and Zekrom (I mean the one you've posting earlier in the thread) as "frame 2" of their sprite. If you can understand this, then, okay. Now, you've just done another 2 frame 2 sprite. XD
    The point of making two sprites for Reshiram and Zekrom wasn't to give them two frames for sprites. a la Emerald. The point was completion, because in their animation, the sprite goes into Overdrive and you see the pretty colors.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    If you pay close attention to the original post, you'll notice Gen. III isn't completed yet. In fact he stated a few posts before you that he only had a bit of Gen. III left to finish and that was to be the end of his project. Patience is a virtue. Also, welcome to the PokéCommunity :D

Ahh. I see. I'll wait then. And, thanks for greeting me. :)

----

The point of making two sprites for Reshiram and Zekrom wasn't to give them two frames for sprites. a la Emerald. The point was completion, because in their animation, the sprite goes into Overdrive and you see the pretty colors.

First of all, I'm making an Emerald hack/edit. :) So then, I tried the sprites with the first version and second version sprites of Reshiram and Zekrom to make two frames as for Emerald animation. Well, the outcome is so not so perfect (I mean not perfect enough or simply ugly). For example, Reshiram's sprite has the bigger nail on its foot that the other sprites'. So well... forget about what I said about making two frames for Reshiram and Zekrom. I'm also waiting for frame 2 project. :)

Well, I can post a preview later (because I can't still post links and I've got to post 8 more posts)

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey RaileysXerilyasRX, and welcome to PC! :)

I just want to let you know that double posting isn't encouraged here, so it's better if you just edit your previous post or wait for another reply. Either way, it's no big deal, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say something haha.

Also, you guys are doing awesome work here. \o/

Years
  • Some sprites are not in the right position like bellsprout or.. it looks like its not in the right position xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hey RaileysXerilyasRX, and welcome to PC! :)

I just want to let you know that double posting isn't encouraged here, so it's better if you just edit your previous post or wait for another reply. Either way, it's no big deal, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say something haha.

Also, you guys are doing awesome work here. \o/

Alright then. I deleted and edited it. And thanks. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I have bad news everyone...

I'm afraid that I will no longer be working on this project...

And the reason why, well... things have changed...

But the main reason is...

I will no longer be working this project, because it is now finished, and therefore there is no more work to be done :)

i3j58qk.png

y56cWUZ.png

Y66wR2g.png

UVqAGk4.png

W9mrtAc.png

ShCrIZm.png

ubXIaRe.png

Ih8MJyM.png

4MAHALp.png

iNYHXqe.png

It's hard to believe that I started this in project in 2011 and have somehow never let it die... I don't have much else to say, other than I hope people make good use of these!

Also a HUGE thanks to everyone that contributed to this project. You guys all made this possible, and I would be nowhere near close to completion had I not received help! So thank you, everyone!

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Spoiler:

omg YES!!!
    but- but castform...

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This project has be running on PC since November 24th, 2011. And today, on May 21, 2014, it has finally achieved its goal of creating all I - V generation Pokemon in a 64 x 64 DS style.

Congratulations everyone. Chaos Rush, you have done some truly incredible work here. Great job.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    This is like a dream come true! All of this is finished. I have to give you my congrats, for the amazing and hard work you did here, the dedication that made all this possible! Congrats Chaos Rush, and truly an amazing job well done!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back