• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elimination Challenge!

スポットライト

Challenge Enthusiast
Years
  • Update the First!

Spoiler:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Hmmm... you got 2 normal types (Eevee and Dodrio), but as you didn't use Eevee in battle I will let you off! Let this be a warning to everyone.

I wished I had a speed button I have spent 20 hours on this challenge...

I hadn't even seen that :P I had counted eevee as a water type right from the beginning, because i didn't take a single step before evolving him + i didn't have doduo yet :I

Final update:

- Got Fighting the Hitmonlee
    - Did all the stuff you have to do
    -- Koga was soloed by Psychic's Psychic :P
    - Grinded a lot before blaine and sabrina
    -- Blaine was OHKO'ed by Water
    -- Sabrina was OHKO'ed by Flying
    -Beat the rest without problems
    -- Lorelei was OHKO'ed by Fighting and Flying
    -- Bruno was OHKO'ed by Water (Onix) and Psychic
    -- Agatha was soloed by Psychic
    -- Lance was soloed by Water with 18 hp left 0.o
    -- NO WAY! was beaten by tributing Psychic to heal Poison for Jolteon
    - "We are the champions! No time for NO WAY!" :D

Team: (Ordered on usefulness (Moves too))

Poison lv 58 Kanto Co-MVP, Champion Co-MVP

Earthquake, Surf, Rock Slide, Strength
    "Like i said before, he kept an amazing standard. He was my pwerhouse from start to end"
    Stats it was best at: Defense, Total

Flying lv 54 Kanto Co-MVP, Champion Co-MVP

Drill Peck, Tri Attack, Fly, Peck
    "He was a useful sweeper. Even weaknesses were no problems, as it OHKO'ed most opponent anyway"
    Stats it was best at: Attack, Speed

Fighting lv 54 E4 Co-MVP

Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Strength, Mega Kick
    "Did good, far better than i expected him to."
    Stats it was best at: Attack

Psychic lv 56 E4 Co-MVP

Psychic, Psybeam, Recover, Reflect
    "Was very good, but so fragile that i had to watch out all the time"
    Stats it was best at: Special, Speed

Water lv 54

Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Acid Armor
    "Decent, mostly the others where capable of doing his job too"
    Stats it was best at: None...

Lost types:
    Fire: lv 10-23 Charmelion - S.S. Anne
    Electric: lv 5-32 Pikachu - Cycling Road

Types left: Grass, Bug, Ice, Rock, Ghost, Dragon
    = Possibilities i had left: Parasect/Pinsir, Dragonair

During my travels, I met 5 Explosions. 2 were fatal (Fire, Electric), 2 were close (Poison, Fighting) and 1 was harmless (Poison)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    I would like to try the challenge.

I will be playing on Pokemon Yellow, I will be playing with optional rules 1, 2, 3, and 4. This should be...interesting. I suppose I should try to blind-man dark cave.

In addition, because it isn't really clear with the Rule 1 and Rule 2 combo, I am going to interpret that as I have a max of 10 types of moves as well. So Pikachu, with his starting growl and thundershock uses two of my max types of moves (Electric and Normal) but he does not take up the spot of my normal Pokemon, should I want one.

Obviously, my starter will be Pikachu.

First Update:

Spoiler:

I think I'll end there for today.

Pokemon:

Burst, the Pikachu
    Level 14
    Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave

This little guy has been rocking most of the trainer fights and a majority of the wilderness. I had to make sure to take him off several times just to help Dudders keep up!

Dudders, the Mankey
    Level 14
    Scratch, Leer, Low Kick

Dudders is the MVP of gyms so far, obviously. We'll see if he can keep the good work up. He is nice for those pesky Rat trainers and I think he will be good for running around the cave, but he just doesn't seem to have the explosive skill of Burst.

Pokemon Types (Colored = used):

Fire, Water, Bug, Grass, Poison, Ground, Rock, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Flying, Normal, Fighting, Ice

Move Types:

Fire, Water, Bug, Grass, Poison, Ground, Rock, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Flying, Normal, Fighting, Ice

Future Desired Pokemon:
    Diglett, Drowzee (Or maybe Mr. Mime...Abra is used too much!), Tangela, Ponyta, Staryu (I have never gotten around to using that one...I don't know why)

The other three slots I'll save for a normal, ice moves (Possibly switching for a dual water/ice, but I really want to try the star), and Poison moves. I doubt I'll get around to picking up a 10th pokemon to fill the poison slot...I hope I don't need it!

Now that I look at that list, I'm seeing a problem already...no one knows cut in time! Looks like I'll be switching Tangela for Bellsprout...Plus, if I want Mr. Mime I'll have to use up my normal catch with the Clefairy. Choices, choices.

Plus, for that matter, Staryu upgrades into a dual type...Doh! I'll need to figure something else out there.

Last edited:

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    I hadn't even seen that :P I had counted eevee as a water type right from the beginning, because i didn't take a single step before evolving him + i didn't have doduo yet :I

During my travels, I met 5 Explosions. 2 were fatal (Fire, Electric), 2 were close (Poison, Fighting) and 1 was harmless (Poison)

Explosions are fun :P I havn't seen one yet on my travels :) Congrats on being the first champion of this challenge... I will edit the first post later :)

I would like to try the challenge.

I will be playing on Pokemon Yellow, I will be playing with optional rules 1, 2, 3, and 4. This should be...interesting. I suppose I should try to blind-man dark cave.

In addition, because it isn't really clear with the Rule 1 and Rule 2 combo, I am going to interpret that as I have a max of 10 types of moves as well. So Pikachu, with his starting growl and thundershock uses two of my max types of moves (Electric and Normal) but he does not take up the spot of my normal Pokemon, should I want one.

Obviously, my starter will be Pikachu.

First Update:

Spoiler:

I think I'll end there for today.

Pokemon:

Burst, the Pikachu
    Level 14
    Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave

This little guy has been rocking most of the trainer fights and a majority of the wilderness. I had to make sure to take him off several times just to help Dudders keep up!

Dudders, the Mankey
    Level 14
    Scratch, Leer, Low Kick

Dudders is the MVP of gyms so far, obviously. We'll see if he can keep the good work up. He is nice for those pesky Rat trainers and I think he will be good for running around the cave, but he just doesn't seem to have the explosive skill of Burst.

Pokemon Types (Colored = used):

Move Types:

Future Desired Pokemon:
    Diglett, Drowzee (Or maybe Mr. Mime...Abra is used too much!), Tangela, Ponyta, Staryu (I have never gotten around to using that one...I don't know why)

The other three slots I'll save for a normal, ice moves (Possibly switching for a dual water/ice, but I really want to try the star), and Poison moves. I doubt I'll get around to picking up a 10th pokemon to fill the poison slot...I hope I don't need it!

Now that I look at that list, I'm seeing a problem already...no one knows cut in time! Looks like I'll be switching Tangela for Bellsprout...Plus, if I want Mr. Mime I'll have to use up my normal catch with the Clefairy. Choices, choices.

Plus, for that matter, Staryu upgrades into a dual type...Doh! I'll need to figure something else out there.

Wow, what an unexpected update! It seems you have chosen t make this the hardest possible challenge you can think of! As for Mr. Mime... dont you need an Abra to obtain him or is it Clefairy.

One of my favourite things about this challenge is that you really do have to think about which Pokemon you use and you have made it very hard on yourself! Are you not going to use any starters(Bulb, charm, squirt)?

I would be surprised if you don't have to use your 10th spot though but good luck and keep up the awesome quality of updates :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    Abra is for Red/Blue. Clefairy is the needed trade in Yellow.

The starters are too...common. I want to go with ones I haven't used in the original 150. Or, in the very least, weird ones.

Yes, well, I may fall flat on my face once I get to Misty. I remember games when Starmie just demolished Pikachu...gulp.

Update: After I somehow managed to take down Misty, my rom had an issue. *sighs* Going to have to restart from a fresh file. It's a shame. Ringer (My snazzy new Bellsprout) and Burst took Misty down and taught her a few lessons...I was expecting a much tougher fight!

Last edited:

X8D

Oh My gawd!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2011
    Name: X8D
    Game: Emerald
    Optional rules used: 4,5

Wish me luck,will update soon

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • God, I really need to start this challenge... I'll do it when I complete my UMC Grass: Red section... But, I'm halfway through a run on Crystal... So, the games to have file I don't have a file on are: Firered, HG/SS, Ruby, Platinum, Black. However, I dont want to play it on Black, and Hoenn is my least fav region, so, Firered, HG/SS, or Platinum, hold on while I find a random list or something... Not doing Firered, because just done a Kanto game... Platinum! Right, sign me up for Platinum, sorry that I keep changing, lol.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Name: Carefulwetpaint
    Optional rules used: maybe 5.. depends how i feel/what pokemon tickle my fancy! :)

So another question.. do i have to beat Steven considering its Emerald? Or just the E-4?

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Name: X8D
    Optional rules used: 4,5

Wish me luck,will update soon

Name: Carefulwetpaint
    Optional rules used: maybe 5.. depends how i feel/what pokemon tickle my fancy! :)

So another question.. do i have to beat Steven considering its Emerald? Or just the E-4?

Good luck guys! Do whatever you want its your challenge, although the E4 must be done to make the champion list obviously :P

Abra is for Red/Blue. Clefairy is the needed trade in Yellow.

The starters are too...common. I want to go with ones I haven't used in the original 150. Or, in the very least, weird ones.

Yes, well, I may fall flat on my face once I get to Misty. I remember games when Starmie just demolished Pikachu...gulp.

Update: After I somehow managed to take down Misty, my rom had an issue. *sighs* Going to have to restart from a fresh file. It's a shame. Ringer (My snazzy new Bellsprout) and Burst took Misty down and taught her a few lessons...I was expecting a much tougher fight!

Well done for beating Misty but :( good luck again!

God, I really need to start this challenge... I'll do it when I complete my UMC Grasacks: Red section... But, I'm halfway through a run on Crystal... So, the games to have file I don't have a file on are: Firered, HG/SS, Ruby, Platinum, Black. However, I dont want to play it on Black, and Hoenn is my least fav region, so, Firered, HG/SS, or Platinum, hold on while I find a random list or something... Not doing Firered, because just done a Kanto game... Platinum! Right, sign me up for Platinum, sorry that I keep changing, lol.

No problem, added/changed everyone to the challengers list!

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Since I'm bored, and have nothing better to do, I'm just gonna post what I'm hoping for outta each type. Note that I'm using the optional rule that allows you to use dual types, and just choose one type for it (can't be bothered checking which on it is). Taking a break from Red, gonna start this challenge tomorrow, not tonight cuz its 8:15 in Britain, so theres no point :(. Anyway:

Bug: Scyther/Scizor
    Dark: Houndour/Houndoom
    Dragon: Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
    Electric: Methinks Rotom
    Fight: Heracross (is it OK if I hack one, honey trees hate me ;_; )
    Fire: Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
    Flying: Gligar/Gliscor
    Ghost: Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
    Grass: Carnivine
    Ground: Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
    Ice: Snover/Abomasnow
    Normal: Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z
    Poison: Tentacool/Tentacruel
    Psychic: Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir
    Rock: Cranidos/Rampardos (Will hack as soon as I get my explorer kit, hate the underground + really small chance of actually finding the fossil
    Steel: Bronzor/Bronzong
    Water: Magikarp/Gyarados

So, yeah, could make a pretty good team outta that :).

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • First Update :)

Did all the boring start bit and chose Kylar the Torchic
    Grinded Little bit the beat May, Kylar on lvl 8
    Caught Viridiana the Ralts.
    Grinded Viridiana till she learned confusion.
    Did more boring stuff with wally.
    Went through the forest, Kylar lvl 13, Viridiana lvl 10
    Trained up on route 116, Evolved Kylar into Combusken, taught
    it double kick. Viridiana grew to level 14 but also gave me a scare
    at 3 hp against a lucky crit from a whismur
    Took on Rustboro gym, got Viridiana to lvl 16, Combusken to lvl 18
    Rescued Mr Briney's Peeko.
    Beat down May with Vi, got her to lvl 17
    Gave Steven the letter and Trained Vi to lvl 18 and caught Ferric the Aron
    Swept through Dewford Gym with Vi, 2 Hitting all of Brawleys pokemon
    without taking a hit, she grew to lvl 20 and i cancelled her
    evolution.
    Saved in Dewford Gym.

Current Team:

Kylar the Combusken: Lvl 18
    Scratch
    Double Kick
    Peck
    Ember

Viridiana the Ralts: Lvl 20
    Growl
    Teleport
    Double Team
    Confusion

Ferric the Aron: Lvl 12
    Cut
    Harden
    Mud Slap
    Headbutt

R.I.P
    -

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Zeus it is fine to hack them in, use a random generator or something for the nature/ ivs ;).

CWP, you cancelled your evolution?? interesting... and is Aron Rock or Steel? (combusken must be Fire btw). Are you doing the optional rule 5??

I am starting to realize I dont actually like optional rule 5... ho-hum...

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Hacki, yeah i cancelled it cause i was looking at the wrong move let list that said Kirlia learns Psychic at lvl 36 and i was like may as well just grab it at 26. And i decided not to do the optional rule five so just count them as dual types. Though i kinda wanted to get both flygon and salamance :(

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Very small update, just cause:

Name: Zeus
    Rival: Barry
    Starter: Chimchar

- Started game
    - Did some beginning stuff
    - Chose Chimchar
    - Lost to Barry because of three crit Pounds
    - Restarted
    - Did all that again, except I won this time
    - Got dragged to the lake, to find out I don't have any P-O-K-E-accent-balls
    - Went to Sandgem
    - Got pokedex
    - Did everything up to Jubilife
    - Beat trainers in school, got a potion
    - Got Town Map
    - Got Poketch
    - Got Water the Magikarp (an almighty level six)
    - Tried to train it, started pulling my hair, so I stopped >:O
    - Gonna evolve Chimchar before taking on Barry (For some reason...) I've actually never done a Nuzlocke nor Elimination before, so yeah...

Fire the Bashful Chimchar, lv13

Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt

Water the Careful Magikarp lv7

Splash

Can anyone suggest a training spot for Magikarp early on?

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Hacki, yeah i cancelled it cause i was looking at the wrong move let list that said Kirlia learns Psychic at lvl 36 and i was like may as well just grab it at 26. And i decided not to do the optional rule five so just count them as dual types. Though i kinda wanted to get both flygon and salamance :(

Oh ok! Fair point if that was true (I just did the same thing myself-looking at 5th gen Pokedex on serebii??) :P Flygon isn't even worth it imo, it has such a bad moveset and I tried it on Snakewood but got bored of it sucking.

- Gonna evolve Chimchar before taking on Barry (For some reason...) I've actually never done a Nuzlocke nor Elimination before, so yeah...

Fire the Bashful Chimchar, lv13

Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt

Water the Careful Magikarp lv7

Splash

Can anyone suggest a training spot for Magikarp early on?

Wow that is an early evolution(I evolve him for Roark)... I never have the patience to grind so much... probably why I can never complete Nuzlocke runs...

As for Magikarp... nope! You should train it up to Lv.20 when your other Pokemon are there, its quicker with higher exp ;).

Back