• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Evolution of Pokemon!

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • Pokemon began as Red and Green in Japan, now it is an amazing game, which has millions and millions of players. There is online play, and much more. My question is

1) What do you think is the biggest advancement since Pokemon Red and Blue(Green)?

I belive it is the graphics because the game play has pretty much stayed the same.

((Mods) I hope this is the right place, since it does deal with Pokemon Red and Blue, correct me if I'm wrong))

Years
  • I think it's the look of the Pokemon. At first they were pretty simple and pretty much just looked like slightly modified versions of real animals. Now they're alot more complex and imaginative.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    The characters. The bad guys used to be criminals that stole pokemon. Then it was eco-terrorists and Space pirates. Definetely a creative advancement but...weird:-: Also the events. You are risking your life to defeat Team Galatic so that they don't create a new world. what?

Thnx to Chrona
    Team Rocket was cool, they were evil, they killed Cubone's mother and held Silph and the Radio Tower hostage, etc. Then it went to eco terrorists and space pirates

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
  • I think it's the look of the Pokemon. At first they were pretty simple and pretty much just looked like slightly modified versions of real animals. Now they're alot more complex and imaginative.

Well, I agree. Except for D/P pokemon. Like, what's up with Bidoof? It just looks like a beaver attacked by a hairdryer. OH. Biggest tactic advancement probably two-on-two battles and the different moves that can hit 1-3 pokemon.

I'm not a fan of 2-on-2 but it makes you battle (think) differently.

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    1) What do you think is the biggest advancement since Pokemon Red and Blue(Green)?

The games have changed soo much over the years. They have better graphics, gameplay is alot better. Day/night system, the pokeapp. 2-on-2 battles. Same as posted above me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013

I personally believe that the biggest advancement since the first games was that addition of the battling strategies. It added a whole other level of depth to a game that was previously just Catch and Level.

Teamtyranitar

Fizz-X
    Years

i kind of disagreee i mean g/s had the best pokemon but it wen't down hill. Bidoof(beaver), Pachirisu(squril), Chimchar (monkey), Turtiwig (Turtle), Prinpulp (peguin) , Toxicrock (Frog) ,
    Buneary (bunny) , Shellos (slug), Glamow (cat), Honkrow (Crow), Skunty (Skunk) , Chatot (bird) , Hippotamas (hippo). Thats it
    Serrisoly Cherubi At Pokemon heahqaters Hey lets take
    Spoiler:
    and make
    Spoiler:

Driffloon (ilove this pokemon). Leader of nintendo "I got it take a bloon and add a face wow that was any easy pokemon" Its an inanimate object.

Anyway i like the grafic's or the charector sprite i like dawn's sprite

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years

That's a very good one! I have to agree there. Although, when I see simple-looking Pokémon in the new generations they quickly become my favorites because I am a huge fan of the original 151! ^^

Back