• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Explorers' Guild ☼ Mystery Dungeon Club

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • Did you guys ever complete the other guild members' stories? The only one I finished was sunflora's, and it was accidentally too since I thought it was compulsory.

My cousin played Bidoof's story though. I cri evrytim :'(

Ya i beat a couple i wanted to play through everything in the game i did stop because i couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel haha. Theres a lot of content in those games. I found a lot of things lacked in gate of infinity though haha pretty much everything though it was to easy and the storyline wasnt great either any thoughts on this to anyone whose played?

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Username: RedWolf98
    Pokémon Species: Ghastly (Lets go, time to eat some dreams >:3 )
    Team Name: Team Falling Darkness

In going with your guy's chat, I only ever did Red Mystery Dungeon ;n; So I'm in the dark with most of what you're all saying.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Username: RedWolf98
    Pokémon Species: Ghastly (Lets go, time to eat some dreams >:3 )
    Team Name: Team Falling Darkness

In going with your guy's chat, I only ever did Red Mystery Dungeon ;n; So I'm in the dark with most of what you're all saying.

Hey there ReadWolf! Welcome to the family!
    I only played two Mystery dungeon games too, so I don't really understand all of what they're saying. You can start posting from now, even if your name isn't on the main thread. Anyways, welcome!

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Ya i beat a couple i wanted to play through everything in the game i did stop because i couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel haha. Theres a lot of content in those games. I found a lot of things lacked in gate of infinity though haha pretty much everything though it was to easy and the storyline wasnt great either any thoughts on this to anyone whose played?

Coming from my experience with the old school Mystery Dungeon, I found it was a little lacking for story. But then this was from the people who make Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow in how they just threw you into a world and had you fight all the gym leaders just because. There comes a story a little ways in, like after you've done 10 or so missions? Anywho, they let you play with the mission mechanic a little before taking that all away and making you go on a wonderful journey that will wipe you off the map so many times if you have the wrong partnership. (Never try to fight Zapdos with a Pikachu and Bulbasaur. It just doesn't work). But once you were done, the outro was heartwarming (I'm not gonna spoil it!) and it moved me a bit. So it was worth all the grinding and wipes for me.

One thing I loved was the questionnaire at the beginning, that was a stroke of genius in my honest opinion.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    so many posts since last night! i'm glad there's so much talking already (。 >艸<)
    also welcome to RedWolf98! i didn't have the time to make a post earlier but i added you to the first post at least. Gastly is a nice choice! c: and don't worry too much about having only played Rescue Team - we'll take care not to spoil anything.

i actually haven't played any of the extra episodes in Explorers of Sky! but i should really get to that, from the looks of what everyone said! (ノ>▽<。)ノ i did like the story for Rescue Team though, even though it was less elaborate than it maybe could have been.
    and the personality test at the beginning of the game, combined with the wide selection of Pokémon to choose from afterwards was great! did Gates to Infinity actually still have that? does anyone who played it know? ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ since i think you can only play 5 Pokémon in that game... sadly.

Dedenne1

Years
  • so many posts since last night! i'm glad there's so much talking already (。 >艸<)
    also welcome to RedWolf98! i didn't have the time to make a post earlier but i added you to the first post at least. Gastly is a nice choice! c: and don't worry too much about having only played Rescue Team - we'll take care not to spoil anything.

i actually haven't played any of the extra episodes in Explorers of Sky! but i should really get to that, from the looks of what everyone said! (ノ>▽<。)ノ i did like the story for Rescue Team though, even though it was less elaborate than it maybe could have been.
    and the personality test at the beginning of the game, combined with the wide selection of Pokémon to choose from afterwards was great! did Gates to Infinity actually still have that? does anyone who played it know? ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ since i think you can only play 5 Pokémon in that game... sadly.

You actually pick who you are and who your partner is. Theres no test and no fingerprint which i must say i dont like its no fun picking! Plus the test was extremely fun!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • As much as I loved the personality test, I always found myself soft-resetting just to get Bulbasaur. xD It's pretty hard though, because not all of the questions will yield points for the nature you're looking for, even if you know exactly which answers to go with.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Whaaaat there's a club for this now???

Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Pokemon: Eevee
    Team Name: Team Vongola
    Current Topic: I'd say Explorers of Darkness, much fun, wow sad.

Yeah GtI had no test, which kinda sucked, but I got to pick Tepig with no problems. :0 Recently I started up EoS and kept resetting to get Pikachu so I could use Pikachu and Bulbasaur, I don't even especially like those two haha.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Whaaaat there's a club for this now???

Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Pokemon: Eevee
    Team Name: Team Vongola
    Current Topic: I'd say Explorers of Darkness, much fun, wow sad.

Yeah GtI had no test, which kinda sucked, but I got to pick Tepig with no problems. :0 Recently I started up EoS and kept resetting to get Pikachu so I could use Pikachu and Bulbasaur, I don't even especially like those two haha.

Hey there Flare, welcome to the family man!Your choice of Eevee was a really good one, as you have many evolutions to choose once you level up. I never tried Explorers of Darkness, but I reckon it'd be nice. In my opinion, Gates to infinity was the best Mystery Dungeon game.

Is that an unpopular opinion for you? I mean, how the hell wouldn't you like the 3D, it was just so amusing! I picked Snivy, and boy I liked. The only downfall to it, is that there was no mind test.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • You actually pick who you are and who your partner is. Theres no test and no fingerprint which i must say i dont like its no fun picking! Plus the test was extremely fun!

Yes, I agree completely. I originally wanted a Turtwig, but after getting Chimchar 3 times I accepted my fate and embraced the little guy <3

I don't like how gates to infinity allowed you to pick - the test was a lot more fun :D

Meadow

Years
  • Recently I started up EoS and kept resetting to get Pikachu so I could use Pikachu and Bulbasaur, I don't even especially like those two haha.
    Yay, Flare's here! =D

I honestly find it hard to imagine Bulbasaur as the partner, seeing how Bulbasaur is generally an introverted Pokémon (like the player), while the partner on the other hand is beyond extroverted. xD

Years
  • I liked the personality test. I always gave me the Pokemon and Nature I agreed with. Still, I'd reset it for as long as needed until I get the one I wanted to play with.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    What I did was play the game the first time with the Pokemon that was selected for me (Torchick and partner was Pikachu of course) Then I tried my hardest to get Cubone but kept ending up with Pikachu so I stuck with Pikachu. That was how I came to beat Zapdos with nothing but a Pikachu and Bulbasaur. It sucked XD

Dedenne1

Years
  • The question is what did everyone get when they took the personality test as your partner? And how many people rigged the personality test or tried to take it multiple times to get the pokemon you wanted?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • WELLLL
    1 The first time I took it in Darkness I got Piplup and randomly chose Chikorita. Other than Dragon types, we had most types covered in our movesets, so that was great. Mostly I play with the character I get unless I've used it before.
    2 I have already admitted to this. XD Sometimes I just want a specific character. :P Also Pikachu and Bulbasaur are in Team Titans. Because I was listening to Teen Ttitans stuff at the time. XD

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I got Chimchar :D He's not my favorite starter but I did the test 3-5 times and always ended up with him, so I eventually shrugged and went along with it.

Meadow

Years
  • I never really paid attention to the ones I got unless they were Bulbasaur, haha. I usually just take the test multiple times with a guide in front of me. xD

Back