• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Gym League goes to Shoddy!

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    With permission from SSK to take control of a sub-section of the EGL, I've decided to take it somewhere it hasn't been yet; Shoddy. Now, why would I take it to Shoddy? Well, there are a few reasons.

- Shoddy is reliable and won't disconnect.
    - Shoddy doesn't require wifi to use, so there are more potential players.
    - PC has its own server, and the more popular it is among PC, the better it is.
    - Battle log function to serve as something to prove matches.

Matches for the EGL are held on PC's private server. You can find it by going to "Advanced", and filling this out.

Host: 75.109.11.25
    Port: 1234

This is just a sub-section of the Extreme Gym League. The original thread still accepts battles and challengers.

Basic Rules

All gym battles will follow the following rules. More may be added if challenger and leader agree on it, but no less than the following:

6v6
    Evasion Clause
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Sleep Clause
    Species Clause
    Timed Battle

Important: Any custom features of my Shoddy server are banned for these battles, may they be custom moves or custom Pokemon.

All Ubers aside from the following are banned for gym challenges: Latias, Latios (SOUL DEW MAY NOT BE USED AS THE HOLD ITEM!), Garchomp (if it's still classed as Uber). Wobbuffet is still in debate, but for now, it is banned from EGL gym play. Challengers using it are disqualified, and leaders should know not to use Ubers.

Gym Leaders

Gym leaders are the ones you'll be facing, as if it weren't obvious enough. There are 8 leaders, and all must follow the rule below for battles. You do NOT have to battle them in order, as an added bonus.

An added note: Gym leaders from the original Extreme Gym are different here on Shoddy, since most of the wifi users don't use Shoddy so much.

- A gym leader must use at least 3 pokemon that share a type with their affiliated gym. This means that for a Ground type gym, if Hippowdon, Rhyperior, and Dugtrio are all on that team, then it is a correct ground-type gym. Also, it MUST share a type. Gyarados on a dragon team does NOT count as one of the 3 required dragons (although it can still be used.)

Request gym battles before challenging! - Too many incidents of this happening without asking...ask before you go and challenge a gym leader.

Gym leaders will be chosen by me, and if I know you're good enough, I'll add you. If not, I'll request a test battle. From there, I'll verify if you're good enough or not. When you want to become a leader, just specify what you want to be at that time. There can only be one type for each gym (as in, you can't have two dragon gyms.)

If you defeat a gym leader, you acquire his/her badge. PUT BADGES INTO SIGNATURE WITH HONESTY! Only show that you have it if you ACTUALLY have it. If you need assistance in getting the coding for it, PM me.

PC Name: Dancing Salamence 1.1
    Shoddy Name: Team Bidoof
    Gym Type: Dragon

PC Name: ABYAY
    Shoddy Name: ABYAY
    Gym Type: Flying

PC Name: Dark_Azelf
    Shoddy Name: Dark_Azelf
    Gym Type: Dark

PC Name: bkzasazin (Until further notice, Mukkamoto is the Steel leader.)
    Shoddy Name: bkzasazin (Mukkamoto until further notice.)
    Gym Type: Steel

PC Name: Apostle
    Shoddy Name: Apostle
    Gym Type: Grass

PC Name: Arch_2008
    Shoddy Name: Arch_2008
    Gym Type: Water

PC Name: clade.
    Shoddy Name: Azonic
    Gym Type: Poison

PC Name: KingTyranitar
    Shoddy Name: Tyranitar
    Gym Type: Ice

Members who have defeated all gyms: AlocBK

Elite Four

After you've successfully defeated all Gym Leaders, your quest is not over. Now, you must face the Elite Four. Unlike the leaders, the Elite Four get to use any standard team that they desire, meaning they don't have to pick a certain type to use 3 of.
    There is one difference on battling the Elite Four: You must battle the E4 in order from #1-4. If you lose to one, you must start over your streak again against the Elite Four (not the whole thing). If you beat E4 members 1-3, and lose to the 4th one, you must restart from 1 again.
    If you get 3 Elite Crystals and lose to the last member of the Elite Four, DO NOT REMOVE THE CRYSTALS FROM THE SIGNATURE! It shows how far you've gotten. If you conquer the goal of consecutively beating all Elite Four members, then the ultimate power of Champion is in your hands.

PC Name: mcash7
    Shoddy Name: mcash7
    Elite Crystal:

PC Name: Espreon
    Shoddy Name: Espreon
    Elite Crystal:

PC Name: Ooka
    Shoddy Name: Ooka
    Elite Crystal:

PC Name: Beachboy
    Shoddy Name: Beachboy
    Elite Crystal:

Champion:

For now, there are no Frontier Brains, but if I find it useful, I will add them after everything else is set up (all gym leaders + E4 members.

EGL Shoddy Events

This is where all events associated with the EGL will be posted. This will include special tournies and other fun little things. For now, there aren't any.

If you want to know more, just PM me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That about sums it up. Now, are you a Shoddy player that wants to prove your prowess as a trainer? Well, here's your chance. Make PC's Shoddy server popular to benefit the whole community! If you're still confused on how things work, of if I missed something major, just PM me.

Last edited:

ABYAY

Years
    Because you wanted to be requested first lala. lol

Also, they do NOT have to be in order. You can challenge #8, then #2, then #5.

ABYAY

Years
    What's your Shoddy name mcash? Is it just going to be the same exact thing? Also, what type affiliation do you want?

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I'd be interested on taking upon a Gym (Fire)... Now of course you do not know anything about me ABYAY, thus you would have to battle me... When you challenge me do I have to use the team I would use as the gym leader of our desired type? Also we are allowed to use legendaries which belong to OU and below?

ABYAY

Years
    Just know that ALL of this takes place over Shoddy; I'll give you a test battle. Just signify that's it you getting on Shoddy. I'm AtomicAngel on there, so you should see me. Use the server up at the top to get to the proper server.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Just know that ALL of this takes place over Shoddy; I'll give you a test battle. Just signify that's it you getting on Shoddy. I'm AtomicAngel on there, so you should see me. Use the server up at the top to get to the proper server.

Are you directing this at me? If so I would need to install Shoddy first... My Shoddy name would be Espreon...

ABYAY

Years
    That is correct A loc. It's basically instant training without the hard work. However, you can't get hacked moves, like Ice Punch on Heracross for example.

That's correct Espreon.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    That is correct A loc. It's basically instant training without the hard work. However, you can't get hacked moves, like Ice Punch on Heracross for example.

That's correct Espreon.

OK I will "install" Shoddy... hold on please... I do have to use the team I would use as the Fire Gym leader?

ABYAY

Years
    Affiliation = type. What type of gym leader do you want to be mcash? Ice, Dragon, Fire, Rock, etc.??

ABYAY

Years
    well Ooka, I don't need to test you. You're already good enough.

Do you want to be a gym leader or E4 leader? If one of the two, what type of leader (fire, ice, ground, etc.)

Back