• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The final boss in this game sucks

Years
    yes, this guy knows what he's saying. Mainly because I said quite similar stuff a bit back, but it was completely ignored. (C'mon... I thought it was pretty logical:D)

anyways, try to block all thoughts of Manga and Anime here, focus solely on the games (which are made before either of the others).
    First come Red and Blue, the two games that made the world go crazy. You played as Red, and had a choice of three starters.
    Next comes Yellow. You had to use a Pikachu, but got the other three starters eventually. Yellow completed the trio. Then comes Gold and Silver. Blah blah blah, you get to Mount Silver, and battle a Pokemon Trainer Red. Oh, look, he's got a Pikachu, and the three Kanto starters. Wonder what that's referring to.
    Whether or not you give a $hit about Yellow, there is no denying that GSC's Red was based on Yellow's Red. And, since HG/SS are remakes of GSC, which were sequels to RBY, naturally you'd expect Red's team to symbolize that of FRLG's Red. Because no, there was no Yellow Remake. However, the only change in Red's team was from Espeon to Lapras. Clearly, his team was, and still is, based off that which was possible in Yellow.
    Now, unblocking thoughts of Manga and Anime. The Manga is based on the games. Full stop. Yellow was loosely based around the Anime. Very loosely- aside from a few events and team-changes, it's the same story as Red and Blue, just like the other third-sister games that followed. I don't think it's accurate to assume that, just because it was loosely based on the Anime, it is not Canon.
    Yes, I see your art there, which depicts each player with a different starter. Really, it means nothing. It doesn't necessarily mean that Red was to pick Bulbasaur, it simply suggests that the player can pick Bulbasaur if they want. And, the Manga could have done whatever they wanted, but they went.. well, the way they went. I think the only safe connection between game and Manga is the names of cities, and some characters. Other than that it shouldn't really be considered in most cases. Same with the Anime. You're getting caught up with the fact that Yellow had similar events- I don't remember taking Misty's bike, or the Pokemon Center exploding. Remember, Yellow was loosely based on the anime, and only loosely, as I've explained.
    To finish on topic, HGSS Red's team is based on his possible Yellow team. Come on, man, it's the most likely, most logical answer.

Alright, alright, you guys can cool down. Consider the arguement over (he hasn't responded anyway). *sigh* And for a moment I thought I had [/thread] this, guess not. Besides, the same points have just been covered multiple times (including my earlier post). It's been reiterated enough.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    At least hes a challenge now so when i buy this game i wont have to face a supposedly good trainer and then easily beat his first pokemon (in Silver i sent out a level 65 or so typhlosion against his level 81 pikachu and knocked it out with one flame wheel...whether or not i lost to his other pokemon) he was easier than he should have been but now he has the team that a lot of people probably had in yellow (dont deny it. you know you had most of this team if you played yellow. i know i had most of them before i knew snorlax was worth anything. I didnt use lapras cause mah blue got stolen when i was 6 and it had and lapras i had worked so hard to train. I couldnt bear a repeat. at this point i have alternatives so i dont need a lapras).

I need to learn how to summarize.....

Oh and Ash has a gible with Draco Meteor apparently. meaning he finally got his first dragon pokemon (at least i think its his first.....) and reds team is based off of the possibilities in yellow, not off of any team that ash has had. Which means either of the G/S/C or HG/SS teams are quite possible....

And furthermore, yellow was a special edition game loosely based off the anime and is only the third game by american terms. Japan had red and green and blue was released later. Since it hadnt been released in america, our two games became red and blue, and in my entire life ive only ever seen one copy of the real green in full japanese here in the U.S.A. If you look at the differences between Red/Green and Blue, the differences are as to be expected in Comparison to the other trios. idk whether or not reds team is based off of the yellow possibilities for sure, but i do know that except for the pikachu all of the others can be obtained in R/G/B one way or another (and they probably wanted to be fair to everyones choice for a starter aso they included all 3, meaning five of his pokemon can be from any game, not just yellow)

I REALLY need to learn how to summarize......(and everything after "I need to learn how to summarize....." was edit material btw)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    "The Lapras makes more sense from the R/B/G, Yellow, and anime perspective."

Seriously, the only thing I remember thinking about Espeon from beating him 10 years ago is "Why does he have an Espeon?" As people have stated, Red embodies Gen I. Espeon really throws all that out the window and is simply out of place. Not to mention it's not particularly strong. So to say Red "sucks" because he changed one Pokemon (who is stronger) is ridiculous.

Lapras represents Red defeating Team Rocket. He received him/her in Silph Co. for his heroism, which has a lot more meaning than Espeon. Not to mention Lapras is a bulkier, stronger Pokemon that is immune to hail and can abuse Blizzard. All those underleveled teams are going to have a lot more difficulty taking down Lapras than Espeon.

Back