• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The first music CD you ever bought?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Or vinyl record for our older members ;)
    If concept albums count, my first was Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds when I was 11; I've never read the book, but I just loved the guitar solos on that album. My first 'non-concept' album was U218, although I'm not that big a U2 fan now.
    So what was the first CD you bought?

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I seriously fail so hard at this. I am actually very embarrassed to say this as an avid metal fan. I have no idea why I bought it and how I thought it was good music. So what is it?
    5 years old Macdonalds and Nsync and Britney Spears where still popular. So I an eager 5 year old loved them. And my first ever CD was the combo CD of them both from Macdonalds.

I failed so hard up to my 13th birthday when I first learned about metal.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • The first I got given was the Spice Girls xD

The first I bought was likely one of the Now That's What I Call Music compilations; I collected those for years until my taste in music became less mainstream xD;;

I still buy CDs =3 the latest was Hot Chip's first album, Coming On Strong. I love to find good deals online and in HMV.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • I seriously fail so hard at this. I am actually very embarrassed to say this as an avid metal fan. I have no idea why I bought it and how I thought it was good music. So what is it?
    5 years old Macdonalds and Nsync and Britney Spears where still popular. So I an eager 5 year old loved them. And my first ever CD was the combo CD of them both from Macdonalds.

I failed so hard up to my 13th birthday when I first learned about metal.

Do you mean "McDonalds"?

Any way. I feel just as bad as mine. The first CD i ever got was Brittney Spears. The one with stronger than yesterday on it. However, that was given to me. The first CD i bought with cash out of my own pocket was the first Disturbed CD: The Sickness. And it is still my favorite Band/Album.

The first record i bought was The Temptations Greatest Hits Album. TEMPTATIONS FOREVER BABY! RIP Paul, Melvin, Eddie, David. The group will never be the same without you.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • Well, I STILL buy vinyls. The first vinyl I bought was a Kid606 compilation for like, $25. The first CD I bought was Richard D. James album by Aphex Twin. I only buy CDs that I deem are good enough to not pirate.

DaiLinn

Furry for Lucario
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    First CD I bought was a Chinese bootleg of the Ah! Megamisama Complete Vocal Collection. lol

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
  • Haha, well, the first CD I bought with my own hard-earned cash was the soundtrack to the first Pokemon movie. I still have it to this day. :P

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The first CD I ever gotten was History: Past, Present, and Future Book 1 by Michael Jackson. It was a two-cd set. I got it for Christmas when I was a Freshman in high school. And then it started my collection. Once I got a job, I ended up buying a lot of music cds, lol. So far I think I have over 250 CDs. They are my pride and joy. I don't want anything happen to them.

Honest Eyes

If A Girl Wants To Dance...
    Years
  • I wanna say it was like O-Town or BBMak, I think. It is way too long to remember. But one of my favorite first CD's that I ever got was No Angel by Dido.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    A dragonforce CD, then i got out of them after a while.
    Then i got a few more "better CD's" if i can say so.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Pretty sure the first CD I ever bought was "Dude Ranch" by Blink 182 back when I was like, 10 or 11.

Unless cassettes count. Then the first album I ever bought was "Backstreet's Back" by the Backstreet Boys back when I was 7 years old

>_>

Nashua

lovely, isn't she? :D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    First CD given to me was a Whitney Houston CD back in 1998.

First CD that I bought [with 20 bucks] was The Temptations: The Ultimate Collection.

I still have both of them in my CD case.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I bought Eiffel 65's CD Europop. I love every song on that CD and now I feel like listening again. XD; That's from so long ago.

Years
  • "Dance of Death" by Iron Maiden, which I bought a couple of years ago. Didn't care about music at all until I got an iPod when I was 16 and since then, my CD collection has grown to roughly 100.

Back