• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Pokémon you ever saw?

PsyMaster

Your mind is mine to control.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    First pokemon i ever saw was blastoise, it was an eraser xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    Blastoise and Charizard, both on the box of the Pokemon Stadium and N64 pack

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2011
    Hmmm...I never bought the games, but I remember first seeing the Maiden's Peak episode at a friend's house, so I guess Gastly is the first one that stands out to me.

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
    I was walking around a PX when I was about 4 years old when I saw a Jigglypuff plush. I instantly wanted it so my dad got it for me. An older kid told me that it was a Pokemon so I decided to watch the show. I got hooked on the game and trading cards too. I still have the doll to remind me of my obsession with Pokemon.

Detox

The first pokemon I saw was Grimmjow Jeagerjaques.....I mean Suicune

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I am obsessing over this subforum...

The first pokemon I ever saw was either Pikachu or Charizard; Pikachu from the anime and Charizard from the front of my Red box. I think it was Pikachu though...

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2008

Metapod, i was like either 4 or 5 when i saw an episode with metapod, it was when it evolved into BF

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Pikachu, It was everywhere, on geometry boxes, poster, cards packs and a lot other things. Pikachu's very common in Pakistan. At 1st, I thought Pikachu's name was Pokemon. I hated him.

Whenever Pokemon were on, I would always say: it's stupid, It's idiotic and much more, then I went to my cousins house. Pokemonth was on and there was nothing else to watch and I was Bored, so I watched them. pokemon johto was on and it was that episode in which togepi and marill i think are in a tank. I saw charizard & thought it was cool, so I started watching it. I kinda like it. sooooo.... that's the story!

P.S Pokemonth was when Only POKEMON would be on the channel for a month. ONLY Pokemon!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I think i remember going to BIG W with my family because it was my sisters birthday and she got an MP3 player and i saw the Pokemon blue game so mine was Blastoise. Either that or Gengar from the very first episode where Gengar was Vsing Onix and Ash was like " IM GONNA BE A POKEMON MASTER "

Years
    the first one I ever saw was Dragonite. I remember cause I wasnt really big on Pokemon but was flipping throught the channels and one was ending and noticed the huge pokemon that was going towards the lighthouse. Yeeahhh then I got interested haha

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    the firt pokemon i ever saw was pikachu because 5 years ago I was sick and my grandma was flipping through the channels and I saw pikachu and I said I wanted to watch it. But I got hooked 3 years ago when my grandma got herself a gameboy COLOR at a garage sale with pokemon gold. She gave it to me an hour later saying she was too old for it lol! any ways the first game pokemon i saw was shelder in the opening and in game cydaquil (my favorite other than Ho-oh)

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    I noticed some girl playing this intresting game so she lent me her GBC for 10 minutes. I think she had Gold because I recall her having a Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium. I remember fighting either a Cubone or a Kangaskhan, most likely the latter.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    The first Pokemon I saw would have been Pikachu when I watched the very first ep of Pokemon on the first day it aired in the UK, I was around 11 I think.

Back