• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • For me the nerves are coming from speculation around Gary Hooper and Nathan Redmond. Think these two will be vital to our chances this season. If Hooper does go then maybe Becchio will be given a chance, we'd be short of that poacher and Champs poachers don't come much better than Luciano. If Redmond goes I really hope we have a replacement in mind and aren't planning on leaving it to the Murphy boys.

Away from those two I think Bassong, Surman and probably Becchio will go. Would expect we'd bring in a defender or two as well, maybe on loan.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    You guys have Grabban who seems to be a good signing from Bournemouth thou so its quite easy to see where your goals will come from but its always nice to have more than one 20 goal man.

Geez our next 7 fixtures
    Liverpool (Away), Arsenal (Home), Chelsea (Away), Man City (Home), Everton (Away), QPR (Away), Tottenham (Home)

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • You guys have Grabban who seems to be a good signing from Bournemouth thou so its quite easy to see where your goals will come from but its always nice to have more than one 20 goal man.

Geez our next 7 fixtures
    Liverpool (Away), Arsenal (Home), Chelsea (Away), Man City (Home), Everton (Away), QPR (Away), Tottenham (Home)

nothing personal but Aston Villa are gonna have to end up below Liverpool at some point m8. we'll have to see to that in a couple of weeks!

also congratulations to United for managing to breach the fortress that is Turf Moor and leave with a point. I was impressed. Burnley have spent a staggering £45m on transfers in their entire history, so it was good to see a little team like Manchester United getting a point out of those big spenders.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Need lots of options, if we were to lose Hooper and Becchio we wouldn't have a 'fox in the box' type forward. Hooper in undoubtedly our most natural, instinctive finisher. Misused by Hughton I bet he'd score a shedload this time round. Grabban, Jerome, Lafferty and Hooper looks great to me.

Not a nice run but at least you have made a good start.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Meanwhile, Real Madrid lost to Real Sociedad- a game they were winning 0-2 just 10 minutes in, ended 4-2. Their only answer to the losses of Di María and Alonso (and Ronaldo's knee injury) seems to be taking Chicharito on loan. That's going to be fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Transfer deadline day.... woke up to the shock of Falcao to Man United

I really hate this day thou with rumors of Arsenal wanting Benteke & Vlaar please do not happen or we are doomed. Just got our defense sorted and with Vlaar gone back to square 1 with no time to replace him and Benteke is our only decent striker. Going to be here all day now praying neither leave.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • hIv9rui.jpg

Also Boro confirm Yanic Wildschut and Jelle Vossen. Noice.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Meanwhile a wonderful quote I read on the paper today: "You know somebody did something very wrong somewhere when the European Champions need to go ask a team who can't probably beat even Big Ben Athletic for their reserve striker".

Years
  • Spoiler:

Also Boro confirm Yanic Wildschut and Jelle Vossen. Noice.

That tweet is brilliant. I think United will get by with Blackett in defence, but still if you're spending this much you may as well sign a centre back too.

Very nice indeed. Apparently Wildschut is pace, strength and nothing else but that will probably do the job at this level. Vossen should be above this level, so here's hoping he shows it.

Meanwhile a wonderful quote I read on the paper today: "You know somebody did something very wrong somewhere when the European Champions need to go ask a team who can't probably beat even Big Ben Athletic for their reserve striker".

You must be ecstatic after Falcao not joining the dark side and Real signing Hernandez instead.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Finally got our defensive cover in, Ignasi Miquel of Arsenal. Fun.

Edit

Window closed and then loads of things were announced here.

Becchio to Rotherham on Loan. Hooiveld to Norwich on Loan. Louis Thompson to Norwich but loaned back to Swindon for the season.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That Becchio deal is surprising, I thought he could have found a better club than that. I'm sure Miquel will have a bit of potential.

How long are the two big deals going to drag on? I can only watch SSN for so long.

Newcastle fan reactions to Ben Arfa leaving are hilarious. All the hate directed at Pardew.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I thought the same, could be a case of not wanting to strengthen a rival side.

We have loads of center backs now, might mean that Adams has given up on converting Martin. That would be beautiful. Don't know much about Ignasi Miquel but I looked on a Leicester forum and they had lots of time for him. Same could be said about Hooiveld and Southampton, a real fan favourite there. I think he'll end up being Turner's partner for the majority of our coming games.

Impressive end to the window for Hull. Ramirez, Diame, Hernandez and Ben Arfa. They really went all out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Impressive end to the window for Hull. Ramirez, Diame, Hernandez and Ben Arfa. They really went all out.
    Hull did great thought they might struggle this season but some quality signings there could make them finish around 10th dont think they will be battling relegation.

Villa did not sign anyone yesterday but just happened we managed to keep Vlaar surprised United never offered for him to play alongside Blind

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Ben Arfa to Hull is staggering, i'm baffled that he's been allowed to go out on loan. I know a fair few Newcastle fans who really rate him, and they're really annoyed about the whole situation regarding HBA and Pardew.

A few of my Sunderland supporting friends underwhelmed by their activity in the window, but really they're as strong (stronger in certain areas) than they were last season. They probably needed another defender and a striker who can hold-up play, but otherwise Sunderland's squad is fine. There are five or six worse teams in the league who'll finish below them anyway, imo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Great Cleverley is a Villa player for this season, don't really rate him at all and not the player I wanted but whilst he is a Villa player will support and cheer for him.

Back