• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • Not exactly the most exciting signing in the world but I have seen Lambert make Howson play like Iniesta so there is certainly hope. I think a lot of these United players will do well with a change of scenery.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    How bad are England now embarrising to see how much we have fallen as a national team, don't even feel confident now on qualifying for Euro 2016

Years
  • I think it's impossible for us not to qualify really, no matter how bad we play Slovenia shouldn't end up above us in the group and even if they did we would still get a playoff. This tournament is basically a dream for Hodgson now, he gets virtually free qualification and probably a good shot at getting out of the group stage because they will be weaker than in previous years.

I definitely think we'll qualify behind Switzerland.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Slovenia played quite well against us at the 2010 World Cup and only beat them 1-0 so and England are much worse now

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    There was a highlight 2 days ago of the qualifiers; Portugal losing to Albania at home. Portugal are slowly becoming a laughing stock now. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    There was a highlight 2 days ago of the qualifiers; Portugal losing to Albania at home. Portugal are slowly becoming a laughing stock now. XD
    Portugal without Ronaldo are just awful, I would say they should not qualify but with the new format being a joke they will easily qualify. EURO Qualification is going to be so boring for the top nations now.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • It's not much better even if we do have Ronaldo. Because then the players use a tactic called "pass-the-ball-to-Ronaldo-and-hope-he-wins-the-game-alone" which only works once every 5 matches. We don't have as good a squad as many we have had in history, but come on, it would still be more than enough to wipe the floor with Albania. The huge problem is the coach. He's a moron.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Good point 2006 was the last time Portugal had a decent attack with the likes of Deco, Gomes, Postiga and Ronaldo oh and Figo

Have to :lol: at Wales fans tonight doing a pitch invasion after scoring the winner against Andorra and that 2nd Czech goal against Holland :lol:

Ronaldo was really unlucky to become the worlds best just after the others retired, had it been a few years before they would of won everything.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I sure had missed the Saturday - Tuesday nature of Champs fixtures. Gonna be a fun few weeks.
    TnQGhHp.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    What a win for you guys yesterday 2-0 down away to Cardiff and then win 4-2

all I can say is VILLA!!!!! a win away at Anfield, some people may say our parking the bus was awful and we went there not really to play football but what else could we do. A team that was made using £10m and a few free transfers completely shutting down Liverpool's attack in the way we did.
    Now we sit 2nd in the league with Arsenal next lets see if these tactics work again, loving this season already and don't think we will be battling relegation.

Who would of said after 4 games Aston Villa would of had the best defense in Europe's top leagues conceding just 1 goal not me

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Indeed, it was fantastic. When we scored the first goal I pretty much knew that we would go on and win it.

A win at Anfield is a win at Anfield. I liked that stat that Villa have more points than shots on target.

Also a big derby win for Athletico and Boro cut it close at Huddersfield, great FK in that game.

Years
  • Indeed, Leadbitter deciding he's actually useful at set pieces this season. After wasting various corners and free kicks for two years, he's now got an assist from a corner a few weeks ago and then that free kick was just gorgeous.

I didn't even know we were playing tonight, but we managed to beat Cardiff and Kike back on to scoring. Pretty sad that we've probably pushed Solskjaer to the exit door though.

Norwich set to run away with the league then...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • In the Cardiff game we didn't really start playing until the second half. Tonight we certainly weren't as comfortable as the result looks, Ruddy was probably our MOM. Well taken goals though, especially the last one.

https://twitter.com/browno_/status/511971394205528064
    https://twitter.com/browno_/status/511973555886903296
    https://twitter.com/browno_/status/511975139412807681

Looking forward for seeing Hooper trying to force his way in with Grabban and Jerome on fire.

Not sure what Cardiff and Fulham are doing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Fulham are just returning to their level, I can see them being relegatied again this season if they keep playing like they are..... surely their manager has to go already

With Norwich set to run away with the league im not sure thinking Forest will be up there

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Indeed, Leadbitter deciding he's actually useful at set pieces this season. After wasting various corners and free kicks for two years, he's now got an assist from a corner a few weeks ago and then that free kick was just gorgeous.

I was surprised to find that Leadbitter was your main set piece taker, when did this happen?!

I can't ever remember him being particularly good/prolific at set pieces when he was with Sunderland? xD

Years
  • Brentford's defence was awful for those first two goals, how did they get so outnumbered in the first one?

Yeah I really doubt Sunderland would let Leadbitter take set pieces, he is genuinely awful with them usually. I'm not sure why he takes our penalties either now we have Kike who has some ridiculously good record with penalties, but he does a good job on those so I guess I'd let him carry on if I was in charge.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It was a quick break on a slack pass. They had no chance.

So Solskjaer seems to have gone and Fulham are losing 2 -1 to Forest. Bye bye Felix?

Back