• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Was hoping Ireland could beat Scotland last night, tonight comes our turn against Slovenia should win this game by a couple of goals so probably a scrappy 1-0

...... But im really missing league football the top of the league is gripping

Years
  • It's that kind of time were I invest my sports following time into basketball or formula one (but there's no race this week so not formula one this time).

Oh, merciful god, please intervene and end these international breaks.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ladies and gentlemen, it has finally happened. Beware, for soon blood will fall from the sky and all firstborn children will be slaughtered by an army of angels. Faroe Islands won an official qualification match, away, against a former European champion.

Truly a sign of the end of times. I am still in shock.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Ladies and gentlemen, it has finally happened. Beware, for soon blood will fall from the sky and all firstborn children will be slaughtered by an army of angels. Faroe Islands won an official qualification match, away, against a former European champion.

Truly a sign of the end of times. I am still in shock.
    and San Marino got a 0-0 draw

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Italy v Croatia tonight. Hope Croatia have some confidence after losing to Argentina 2-1 in a friendly. Could probably see this as being a draw on the cards, but still, a draw is better than a loss.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • England fans singing ''You're British till you die'' to the Scots is probably the best thing to come out of this international break.

Only a few more days until real football.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    England fans singing ''You're British till you die'' to the Scots is probably the best thing to come out of this international break.

Only a few more days until real football.
    Yeah Scots don't go booing your own national anthem now :P your the ones who voted no

Years
  • I really don't understand why Wigan would appoint Mackay. I'm sure there's someone competent out there who doesn't have the controversy that comes with him. Although based on Whelan's comments maybe he's just morally bankrupt as well. Oh well hopefully everything works out badly on and off the pitch starting with our visit there on Saturday.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Apparently most of the texts came from Moody's phone. I believe it was only the ''fkn chinkys'' and ''moneygrabbing jew'' comments which actually came from Malky. Now I know he shouldn't have these things at all but I don't think they should force his retirement over it. Luckily for him those in charge probably laughed off those comments.

Whelan is a hard nosed businessman and he has most probably gotten himself a bargain.

Oh yeah, Mike Phelan joined Norwich as coach. At least he has some real experience.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I support Liverpool, even though I live in Australia. The A-League is boring. The players are terrible and it's generally no fun to watch.

The EPL/BPL however, is nice. Liverpool not being in the top 10 is not nice. Liverpool losing 3-1 to Crystal Palace last night was not nice. God help us.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • So guess where I've been tonight.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I support Liverpool, even though I live in Australia. The A-League is boring. The players are terrible and it's generally no fun to watch.

The EPL/BPL however, is nice. Liverpool not being in the top 10 is not nice. Liverpool losing 3-1 to Crystal Palace last night was not nice. God help us.

you might be my favourite member of all time rn.

STOKE CITY. If Rodgers loses here I'm going into the city and campaigning for his removal on the streets. There's always a lot of protest things going on in Liverpool so I want my part of the action.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Welbeck left United and said goodbye to winning big trophies so he could play up front. Now isn't playing up front and won't until Giroud is injured.

Should give Brenny the rest of this season and the first half of next. He, and Liverpool ****ed up with the summer reshaping of the squad, should give him another go.

Of course I want Adams gone before the end of the year if we keep up this form though.

Years
  • Just realised I hadn't checked this in quite a few days. It isn't looking good for Norwich at the moment, but I guess with how close the league is it barely makes a difference.

It seems likely Karanka will be banned from the touchline for our next game and for some reason we've sacked the assistant so someone who might know nothing about the squad, club etc. might be in charge at the weekend.

Back