• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Wow, watching Final score wile I wait for the semi-final and I'm seeing the stress of the Championship play off race. Unlucky guys

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    We play Rotherham away and then Fulham at home on the last day. Think we'll win both. Going to need some major favours from Brighton and Wednesday along the way.

Last time we were promoted I actually think it was your lot that did us a big one in beating Swansea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Dropping 2 poitns at the end is going to be massive...... I know we will beat Charlton on the final day but I massively fear Bolton in our next fixture as I can't see Norwich dropping anything now, I think Watford might drop 2 points somewhere.
    But atleast its still in our hands

Years
    Well we're halfway to getting the boring cup final tie no-one really wants. Here's hoping Villa win today.

In terms of potential slip ups, we're in a similar situation. Brighton on the last day should be fine, but Fulham away might cause a problem. I suppose Brighton might even trouble us if they're somehow still in a position to get relegated on the final day.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Superstitions would probably be on your side in that case, last ever game against United he gets sent off. Last chance at the title he slips and throws it away. In that situation based on past record he should logically do a JT in the penalty shootout to gift you the trophy.

Whelp, looks like you were right. Would've been happier if it happened in the final but I'm happy. Very pleasant weekend of football.
    COYG

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Anybody fancy a laugh?

The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    Ah thank you Villa, the cup final might not be so boring now.

Yeah the Team of the Decade was pretty ridiculous. Some players obviously selected on achievements that were outside of the FL (Bale) rather than any consistency in the FL. Another ridiculous thing was the policy of not allowing players to win more than one award which means Bamford won POTY but not YPOTY.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Guys, wish me luck tonight.

I don't mind what happens tonight, but please, no 93rd minute surprises. Or penalties. God please no penalties.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Ah thank you Villa, the cup final might not be so boring now.

Yeah the Team of the Decade was pretty ridiculous. Some players obviously selected on achievements that were outside of the FL (Bale) rather than any consistency in the FL. Another ridiculous thing was the policy of not allowing players to win more than one award which means Bamford won POTY but not YPOTY.
    Bamford was never POTY anyway Ritchie is well more deserving of the award tbh heck even Wilson

I dont get half the team of the decade but atlest the manager is correct

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Boro lost and Norwich drew so a win for us on Monday will put us into the Premier League thanks to our far superior GD...... Bournemouth - Premier League it dosen't sound right at all

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I don't like football anymore.

Maybe not 93rd minute, but they left it pretty late.

I turned the TV off at that moment. Again. And I'm not even mad because Simeone's plan was so obnoxiously defensive I wanted to throw up at some moments. It's like he was aiming for penalties. Against a team we beat 4-0 two months ago. Really.

Come on Juventus.

Years
    Eh pretty sure we won't win the playoffs, we're not the best team in it, we are bottlers and there is a general downbeat feeling. Not to mention any important players are either unfit or have slight injuries.

I am certain we will lose playoff semi if we play Wolves or Derby. I'm more optimistic if we play Ipswich or Brentford. Norwich will probably be awaiting us in the final for a merciless beating either way.

Congratulations by the way, there's no doubt you and Watford deserve to go up. Good luck in the Prem.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, I dunno how the playoffs are gonna play out, but I'd probably say that Ipswich might go up. They've been well overdue a Premier League place compared to the other teams in the playoffs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    If actually think we might lose this weekend but hey it dosent matter now...... but I can't imagine how Boro fans will feel should we lose and they win thanks to their managers decision to send the GK up.

Via play-offs I hope Brentford join us but seems like a unlikely event so a Ipswich vs Norwich final would be great to watch

Back