• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • real madrid just fired ancelotti...

stupid decision but not surprising. they have some of the most fickle fanbase and chairman I've ever seen.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Madrid sacking their manager this summer was as predictable as the moon causing tides.

Also Slavisa Jokanovic will not be managing Watford next season. Wonder if it's a case of his head getting turned by Sunderland, Newcastle or West Ham. Can't say I'd want him if I was one of those teams mind,

Last edited:
    Years
  • We definitely wouldn't have scored in another 90 minutes, after that Vossen chance early on we didn't come close to creating another chance really.

I think in most cases our players are under a reasonable contract and we have the power to resist bids, but it simply depends upon whether people want to leave. If we don't have money to buy new players we could always sell Leadbitter and/or Tomlin for a fair amount because they aren't necessarily worth the cash we could probably get for them.

I see Derby have decided to follow our lead of taking a Madrid assistant on board.

No idea why Benitez would do better than Ancelotti unless they're interested in his Europe record.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I honestly think Pérez just likes doing things, so he invents problems fix every summer.

Clement has certainly had quite a career in coaching thus far, will be interesting to see if he can step it up to management. Think they should have stuck with McClaren though, if he was happy to stay, 1 point off the playoffs whilst dealing with a lot of injuries really isn't that bad in a season like this.

Karanka's objective this summer is obviously to get the team scoring more goals. When I've seen Boro this season it has often been Vossen in behind the main striker, it hasn't always been effective, so a real attacking midfielder should be signed. Tomlin seems to unbalance the side somewhat so I guess maybe sacrificing him wouldn't be too bad long term, although only if that attacking midfielder is found. As for strikers I wonder if Neil offered him Becchio or Lafferty after the game yesterday.

Now the season as finished and loans have returned our strikeforce looks like this - Jerome, Grabban, Hooper, Becchio, Lafferty, van Wolfswinkel, Loza and Morris. Considering the fact we'll almost certainly use 1 striker formations next season it's safe to say that is a little crowded.

Years
  • I think we'll be fine without Lafferty or Becchio, thanks though. :P

We have already started seeing the goodbyes from the loan players and Dean Whitehead who was always going to be leaving I think.

This Fifa corruption thing may be well timed, I can only seeing it having a negative effect on Blatter who I'm sure we all do not want re-elected.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I think most knew that it would happen eventually. Now to see how deep it goes.

Lafferty is good, I think. Never got to see him up front under Adams.

So our clear out has begun. As expected, no new deals for Mark Bunn and Javier Garrido. Also Dorrans has made his loan signing permanent. Splendid.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I think most knew that it would happen eventually. Now to see how deep it goes.

Lafferty is good, I think. Never got to see him up front under Adams.

So our clear out has begun. As expected, no new deals for Mark Bunn and Javier Garrido. Also Dorrans has made his loan signing permanent. Splendid.

Years
  • This Fifa corruption thing may be well timed, I can only seeing it having a negative effect on Blatter who I'm sure we all do not want re-elected.

Having read up on the Department of Justice/FBI/IRS press conference, it seems the Department of Justice believes that even after 2 years of investigation, the indictments are "just the beginning of our effort" to prosecute for corruption in FIFA. Could take a few years, but it seems the USA DoJ is serious about coming down hard on FIFA as a whole, whether it's unilaterally or in cooperation with other governments.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Happy we signed Boruc on a perm deal and have also gone and got Federici atlease we know our GK position is strong.... It appears Atsu could be joining us on loan as well.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Frederici is a lot younger than I thought, honestly didn't know he was still playing. Atsu is actually a player I half expected to be on our radar, I can't really see 3 of 4 of our current wingermen [Bennett and the Murphy boys] playing much.

https://www.football365.com/f365-says/9864996/Norwich-Need-Neil-To-Be-Ruthless... - We might as well give up now. My favourite part is where she says we are weaker than the Leicester side that got promoted last season. lol

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Frederici is a lot younger than I thought, honestly didn't know he was still playing. Atsu is actually a player I half expected to be on our radar, I can't really see 3 of 4 of our current wingermen [Bennett and the Murphy boys] playing much.

https://www.football365.com/f365-says/9864996/Norwich-Need-Neil-To-Be-Ruthless... - We might as well give up now. My favourite part is where she says we are weaker than the Leicester side that got promoted last season. lol

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    So Bournemouth also got Josh King from Blackburn... I'm more worried that we could lose both Rhodes and Gestede, and if we do... we won't have a sufficient enough strikeforce.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ah, the return of Rhodes to x. If that's tiring for me I can't imagine what it's like for Blackburn fans, guess it might have just gotten to the point where each new link is funny.

An awful lot of Boro fans on Twitter commenting on him right now. A lot of them don't seem to be joking. lol

Years
  • sepp blatter resigns from FIFA.

happy news but comes at a really strange time, right after he won a reelection. something fishy going on there...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Man, I don't think a whole lot of people saw that one coming, right? With his reelection pretty much a sure thing it was hard to imagine any sort of change coming to FIFA in the near future. Granted, a lot of this depends on who replaces him (next year?) and the sort of people that person is surrounded by, but this could be game changing for FIFA.

Back