• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • From what I've heard, Gray doesn't seem ready for the Premiership, but I suppose Leicester will want to take advantage of their current higher status and get in there early. I would say none of those teams need Isco, I'm not sure where he would fit at the moment to be honest.

As a Middlesbrough fan, I hope we either do nothing or loan Bamford again. Making certain none of our players leave is probably the only priority right now.

Speaking of winter transfers, this was a fun watch the other day considering Neil is now trying to sign Naismith for Norwich.

Years
  • If we keep playing like this, I don't think we have a chance at top 4.
    But we have a shot at the League Cup; need to either win or get a scored draw tomorrow.

Years
  • Guys, Day 13, Liverpool vs Arsenal... who you think is gonna win?

I personally think on a 1-1 draw, or a 2-1 Arsenal win.

04/04/2015 Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool never forghetti rest in spaghetti

1-1 if i'm being optimistic but you just don't know with Liverpool we've been better against the bigger teams but awful at home. Arsenal are somewhat inconsistent too and tend to mess up when they're in a good position.

also

08/02/14 Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal :)

Years
  • From what I've heard, Gray doesn't seem ready for the Premiership, but I suppose Leicester will want to take advantage of their current higher status and get in there early. I would say none of those teams need Isco, I'm not sure where he would fit at the moment to be honest.

As a Middlesbrough fan, I hope we either do nothing or loan Bamford again. Making certain none of our players leave is probably the only priority right now.

Speaking of winter transfers, this was a fun watch the other day considering Neil is now trying to sign Naismith for Norwich.

A world class attacking midfielder is probably Juventus's biggest need at the moment, and Isco would probably be a perfect fit there. Juve have mostly been playing a 3-5-2 due to our only options to play as a #10 being Hernanes and Roberto Pereyra, but if Juve were able to get a player of Isco's quality to fill that spot, I imagine we'd be able to switch back to the 4-3-1-2 that was effective in last year's champions league campaign. Chelsea and City probably don't need him, but I figure they're just going in for an available top player that can potentially galvanize the team for the second half of the season. I think the links to City were pretty tenuous either way. The whole thing might be off with Benitez recently being sacked though; it seems like a lot of his discontent at Madrid was due to his dislike of Benitez.

Gray is probably a project yeah, but getting a promising young [and english] player for £3.75 million seems like a solid deal.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Would be rediculous if we actually get El Shaarawy on loan from AC Milan.....
    Who on earth ever thought Bournemouth could possible be looking at a front 3 of Iturbe, El Shaarawy and...... Murray and thats withough Gradel being back yet

Years
  • Would be rediculous if we actually get El Shaarawy on loan from AC Milan.....
    Who on earth ever thought Bournemouth could possible be looking at a front 3 of Iturbe, El Shaarawy and...... Murray and thats withough Gradel being back yet

It's kind of surprising to see Milan give up on El Sharaawy so quickly, only 4 years ago he scored 16 goals in Serie A. Obviously he's regressed due to injury but you have to think that the potential is still there, plus he's pretty young still. Bournemouth getting El Sharaawy could definitely bin the cards, the premier league definitely has a certain 'pull' to it to attract players; I don't rate Iturbe that highly though. Solid job from Bournemouth to be surviving in the PL given all the injuries either way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    It's kind of surprising to see Milan give up on El Sharaawy so quickly, only 4 years ago he scored 16 goals in Serie A. Obviously he's regressed due to injury but you have to think that the potential is still there, plus he's pretty young still. Bournemouth getting El Sharaawy could definitely bin the cards, the premier league definitely has a certain 'pull' to it to attract players; I don't rate Iturbe that highly though. Solid job from Bournemouth to be surviving in the PL given all the injuries either way.
    Seems we are getting Afobe for £10M also... very delighted with that he was class last season for Wolves and has done pretty good this season given the defensive game they play. Him and Iturbe potentially another Vardy and Mahrez considering what we have achieved with Josh King up front im going to enjoy seeing a real goal scorer up front..

.... if we stay up our attack is going to be unreal with a front 5 of Arter, Gradel, Wilson, Ritchie, Arter, Afobe next season

Years
  • I would be a bit wary on Iturbe and El Shaarawy (if he signs) just because they've obviously had a considerable period of time were they haven't played particularly good. Of course they are very exciting signings, but they might not necessarily help in the end. From a Boro point of view, we're probably seeing that with Downing and Stuani who were much better signings that we would probably expect, but whilst they haven't been bad at all they're arguably 2 of the more replaceable players in our first XI rather than a duo leading us to promotion. That said Iturbe and El Shaarawy are risks worth taking to show Bournemouth off as being an ambitious club because I believe you will stay up regardless of which signings you make now.

I waited too long to reserve my ST seat for our cup game today so I'll be sitting this one out. I suppose the 3rd round is always fun to follow from home anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I would be a bit wary on Iturbe and El Shaarawy (if he signs) just because they've obviously had a considerable period of time were they haven't played particularly good. Of course they are very exciting signings, but they might not necessarily help in the end. From a Boro point of view, we're probably seeing that with Downing and Stuani who were much better signings that we would probably expect, but whilst they haven't been bad at all they're arguably 2 of the more replaceable players in our first XI rather than a duo leading us to promotion. That said Iturbe and El Shaarawy are risks worth taking to show Bournemouth off as being an ambitious club because I believe you will stay up regardless of which signings you make now.

I waited too long to reserve my ST seat for our cup game today so I'll be sitting this one out. I suppose the 3rd round is always fun to follow from home anyway.
    If your going to miss one cup game might as well be against a side in the same league, hope you get promoted this season which it looks like you will so we can face each other next season.

Can see us losing today given the changes to our side survival is the key this season

Years
  • Well I definitely did choose a good game to miss. I'm happy we don't have a replay and now the fixture list won't get even more congested for us which more than balances out any negative thoughts from losing the match.

It looks like you've almost got Afobe. Wolves have done some great business with him, £8m profit in one year. Hopefully he'll provide some valuable goals for you. Maybe we'll even see him in the England team eventually if it works out.

Years
  • That was a pretty exciting round of PL fixtures especially the Arsenal-Liverpool game of course. United became the opposite team to what they were for one game by letting goals flow at both ends.

Anyone heard about the news of the Premier League rebrand? With Barclays sponsorship ending, a new logo is being created to replace the lion which is associated with them.

Both Madrid teams have picked up transfer bans this morning as well. Time for Real to go crazy signing everyone they need for the next two transfer windows.

Killua

Hey any brazilian do you think Corinthians will be terrible thi season?

Years
  • Well that was a very stressful game. I went out for about 15 mins when we were trailing 3-1 and I come back to see us leading with a little time left for the final whistle. I missed all the drama. But no there's more, Norwich equalise, and then we score a late winner. Why do you always do this to me, Liverpool FC?

Back