• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    Big weekend and a lot to reply to... Wall of text time.

Oh god it's four already -_-, by the way anybody here plays soccermanager.com?

I occasionally play it, I might pay more attention to it now that my laptop overheats everytime I play football manager.

QPR scored 2 in stoppage time against Boro.

And believe me I was angry enough with a draw. I can't believe how I got so annoyed at a game which has no impact on us in the long term, but the match officials from hell managed to get me to such a state. I don't even know how Dimi (a former hartlepool keeper who is somehow preferred to Steele who was our first choice for 3 seasons) managed to gift Zamora a goal to put them ahead. I really need to see a replay. Needless to say I was unhappy yesterday. :p

I take that back, Russell Brand is on it.

His part on it seemed so pointless, it wasn't comedic enough or serious enough to be worthwhile.

Anyway to list the rest of my views for the weekend -

- wow so many goals
    - wow rooney's goal
    - wow tettey's goal
    - wow toure's goal
    - stoke vs villa on Super Sunday? Great choice there sky. /sarcas
    - I've just realised Chelsea managed to lose to villa with Joe Bennett playing...
    - go madrid!

Last edited:
    Years
    Well that was certainly entertaining to say the least. People were moaning about all the penalty decisions, I didn't see Madrid's penalty then Neymar dived but the second Barcelona one was definitely a penalty.

I was rooting for Madrid so that was a disappointing conclusion especially given the circumstances under which it came, but then that's how Barca win these games most of the time. I really hope they still manage to finish 3rd.

As for the big money men, both ineffectual. Bale - nothing (actually a bit worse than nothing, he wasted the ball a lot). Neymar - nothing (except the dive).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Madrid's penalty was out of the box. Think Barça's pen vs City.

Meawhile, a few kilometres away from the Bernabéu...

The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    I am a Manchester United fan. This season's been absolutely... sensational... Just... ♥♥♥♥ing amazing. MAGNIFICENT... ;-;

Though in all honesty the PL season's been one of the most interesting in many years. I'd say it might've turnt into a 3-horse race after Chelsea's demolition of Arsenal. (I started watching the game 10 minutes in and it was already 2-0, god damn.) I'd like to see Liverpool win the title now as they've played some (most) of the best football this season, and I dislike them less than City heh.

As for the Manchester derby, I hope we got with an attacking threesome of Kagawa-Rooney-Mata yet again. We don't have any defensive stability to try and avoid a demolishment by any means so we might as well try and search for some goals. Plus it might be a good idea to see what this system can bring in top teams for the future (one probably without RVP). Though Kagawa might not stay at United beyond this season, it's still a refreshing turn of events considering the horrible cautious football Moyes has been playing and the failure it's brought upon us. The rest of the season's all about the future and maybe trying to get that fifth spot for EL football (though perhaps we'd be better off without Thursday night fixtures, I'd rather got for 4th or nothing and at the moment it's looking like it'll be nothing).

The La Liga season's turning out to be an exciting one for once as well. Finally a new team comes in to break up the Real-Barelona hegemony and I god damn well hope Atletico will take it. Atletico vs Barcelona on the last matchday might just be the decider, truly exciting prospects. I fear for an exodus for Atletico after this season though. They can't afford not to cash in on someone like Diego Costa while Arda Turan might decide he'd like to try new pastures. Time will tell, at the moment I'm enjoying all of it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

If he puts in any more performances like that last night I think some hype might well develop around this lad. He assisted and won a penalty in that game as well. Nice to see Norwich academy kids showing some promise.

Inb4 Utd win.

Years
    Hey Oddisee, always nice to have more members. About time we got another United fan since Amore went AWOL too.

If anyone would like to join me and Luck Hax on Skype, we'll be chatting during the Manc derby tonight so anyone's free to join in. :)

Ivysaur

Years
    The Guardian:
    7.47pm GMT GOAL! Manchester United 0-1 Manchester City (Dzeko 1) Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Manchester City have haired out of the traps and taken an early lead courtesy of Edin Dzeko.

United are hopeless. (Now I expect this post will get them to turn the score around for the good of Liverpool's hopes, but yeah. United are hopeless).

Oh, apparently it's not so bad anymore.

23 min: Manchester United are gradually imposing themselves on the game, in so far as it no longer looks like Manchester City are playing against a team of random drunks dragged in from the city's Panacea nightclub

Ivysaur

Years
    By the way, Bayern just won the Bundesliga. In March. March. With 7 games in hand. Let that sink.

And now consider how they did the same thing last year, except one week later, with 6 games left.

Suddenly, the Madrid-Barça borefest seems a bit more tolerable, even discounting this year's surprise.

Years
    Happy with Bayern wrapping the title up today in a fantastic stadium and becoming 24-time Deutscher Meister.

It also means we can focus on winning the CL and DFB-Pokal and give our fringe players and youngsters more time on the pitch.

Edit: 82% possession with 93% pass accuracy (Lahm 100%). Fitting way to wrap up our title. :)

The Football Discussion Thread!

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Years
    I remember someone wondering a few years ago... "What could Pep do at Bayern with no evil twin to slay every year and tire them down, because Bayern might pretty well be Barcelona and Madrid fused together".

Well, now we know.

Years
    Everton are genuine contenders for the 4th spot. 6 points against Arsenal with a game in hand and a game to play against them.
    Arsenal's form is terrible right now, while Everton have won 4 in a row.

Back