• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
    i dont know if this was said or not but i would like to see a region that had no old pokemon untill you beat the e4 so 200 or so new pokemon that are sencable
    like a new pidgy like bird thats a pure flying type a new bug/larve poke that evos to a butterfly/moth a new set of water pokemon for the water routes ie no magikarp or tentacool. something completely new. no HMs if you want to surf your pokemon needs to be at a high enough Lv and size...it dont make sence that you can surf on a azuril lol or a squirtle..."i didnt mean to drown my zizagoon" says the fat kid with water wings...

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    G/S are going to get a remake during the 4th gen. Crystal itself isn't going to get a remake. The 5th gen is going to be a totaly new region with lots of new pokemon. (Hopefully more new pokemon than gen 4) Personally I hope the starters evolve into...

Grass/Dark - Goat
    Fire/Psychic - Turtle (that way there is a turtle starter for each type)
    Water/Fighting - Bubble?

That would be nice...

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    They need to make a dark type move that is defensive. Something like burn or sleep.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
    well i have this idea...i think nintendo made dpp not that great for a reason. i think either the next non dpp game or the 5th generation will be soo detailed and amazing that everyone will bleed from the eyes lol yup i do!

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    I like the idea of being able to choose a path you know like gyms or contests and having an actual pokemon league tournament then the elite four challenges we know they can make a tournament like thing cause it was in emerald and I think it should be like a safari zone like process for your first pokemon the ball has the same catch rate and you can use as many as you need and the pokemon can't flee and they have apperance rates and all and the possibility of being a shiny....And make your rival a rival again not your best firend! Maybe after you catch your pokemon he/she comes up and says "Hey i was going for that one!!!" and after that they want to battle you for revenge and win you win they say "I will make you regret taking my pokemon" and having a pokemon follow you is cool I have always wanted a Charizard following me lol

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    well i have this idea...i think nintendo made dpp not that great for a reason. i think either the next non dpp game or the 5th generation will be soo detailed and amazing that everyone will bleed from the eyes lol yup i do!

hahahaha

What makes you think DPP's "not that great"? It's incredibly good. It evolved in graphics, but also kept the same style as the GBA games. It added another hundred or so Pokémon, and added Wi-Fi support, allowing people all over the world to communicate through Pokémon games. Seriously, the only thing bad about DPP was the storyline. I need something different from the same old "TAKE DOWN TEH GIANT EBIL TEAM THAT WANTS TO USE A LEGENDARY POKéMON TO RULE TEH WORLD" crap in generation 5.

--

I'd like to point out here that Dark/Psychic/Fighting starters will never happen. Yes, the weakness thing is right (Dark -> Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark etc.), but the resistances aren't (Grass -x Fire -x Water -x Grass etc. as opposed to Dark -x Fighting -x Psychic DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE AT ALL TO Dark).

So, yeah. There's my two cents.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
    I just hope the 5th Gen. is a little more inivative then Sinnoh -_- Like maybe make it possible for Pokemon to do combos in contests and depending on the moves used in the combo determine the amount of appeal recieved.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I have an idea!
    LESS FREAKING UBERS!
    You don't need to upgrade the damned control-of-whatever every generation!
    I think Arceus was Pokemon's biggest mistake.
    Other than that, I don't have many complaints about Pokemon type combinations.
    how about light-type?
    that wouldn't be so bad.

They should rename Steel-type to Metal-type.
    It just makes more sense.

There should be a little bit more latitude as far as Pokemon's design/statistics go.
    Not every poodle is exactly 9.5 pounds.
    The same should go with Pokemon.

And shiny Pokemon should vary in a bit more than external color.
    Delta species Pokemon have like, completely altered types.
    If you spend 6 hours searching for a shiny, at least be rewarded for it!

That's what I think. Some may seem more radical, but these ideas should be considered.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    All I can suggest for anyone interested in a light type or a new type to read this (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163379 ) thread. Me and Cherii have the main argument going, I'm not sure he entiraly understood my one point but there are excellent points made both ways (I among others kind of got owned :P) so you can decide for yourself. I still think it's a ridiculous concept, esspecially when people want it to counter dark, like a night a day kind of thing but the japanese meaning is more in retrospect to evil. Meaning it's opposite would be like Superhero's or holy or something. No one can even agree on what it's supposed to be.

The second last post is a long one and a good one but, he says the flying type might as well be renamed bird but critizises the Dragon and bug type for the same thing. I'm not sure why he's convinced pokemon types have to have an elemental basis cause then there'd only really be 4 types. They are categorizations simple as that, there to cover anything and everything one could possibly think of. So when suggesting a new type ask yourself whether it's really needed in covering new aspects of life or in allowing for more pokemon ideas? Though if you think it just makes more sense than another typing, I don't want to deter you from posting. Though Cherii'd probabley disagree with me on alot of that last paragraph xD.

I still stand behing an Ice/Dragon and a Steel/Ghost typing, and all the other ideas I've stated in this thread before.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I want that they make it better than generations 3 and 4. Game should have all regions. First new region then to Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto and finally Kanto. All of the pokemons are possible to catch and that game could be on Wii too. (It would have own pokedex system that can add to wii remote or something like that... And battles are like SSBB's battles in 3D.) In DS that could be like another pokemon games. This is what I think about fifth generation and it's games. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I agree with the Light-Type suggestion. Certain Type advantages and Disadvantages need to be added and redone. Like make Poison super-effective to Water; Pollution anyone?

I have said exactly e everything you said here. With the water/poison relationship, it makes so much sense and would better the poison type.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Virus type(more fututistic and for further porygon evos and upgrades, wormhole pokemon, missingno and ect.)

A star nose mole evo for diglett.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
    Virus Type=Fail. Only about 5 Pokemon would fit into that category.

On the subject of Light types, there are several attacks that would fit into Light Type (Confuse Ray and other 'rays', as well as Hyper Beam and Solar Beam) Here's a Adv./DisAdv. Chart for Light:

Key:
    <:Adv.
    >:DisAdv.
    ~:Ineffective
    =:No bonus/disadvantge
    -:No effect

Light<Dark
    Light~Grass
    Light~Fire
    Light<Ghost

All I got so far.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I'm guessing no one read the thread I posted, well Haza Divo was a part of it, I blame myself for making my posts too long. Too bad though, it's a good read.

Just a comment on the Dark->Psychic->Fighting->Dark idea, as someone has stated Psychic doesn't effect Dark at all, but there are three other types that work, it'd just require a pure flying type. Flying->Fighting->Rock->Flying. Yay! I'd like the idea of getting a second group of starters like half way through the game, as long as the original's stay Grass, Fire and Water.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm guessing no one read the thread I posted, well Haza Divo was a part of it, I blame myself for making my posts too long. Too bad though, it's a good read.

Just a comment on the Dark->Psychic->Fighting->Dark idea, as someone has stated Psychic doesn't effect Dark at all, but there are three other types that work, it'd just require a pure flying type. Flying->Fighting->Rock->Flying. Yay! I'd like the idea of getting a second group of starters like half way through the game, as long as the original's stay Grass, Fire and Water.

On light type or Poison>Water?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back