• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    On light type or Poison>Water?

hmm? The thread? I just thought it'd be a good read for people stating they'd like a light type or a new type, just so no one has to repeat anything. Though for anyone who's been around this thread for more than a page or two, you've actually probably been here the longest, they'd know that the same ideas are recycled every well page or two. Though there's still some new good ones coming in. Man I wish we could have a bigger say in 5th Gen.
    Game Freak should hold fan based polls.

I agree hole-heartedly on Poison>Water or Poison>something, though I know a while back in that thread about changing the type chart as far as effectivness goes there was that one guy who argued against Poison>Water as he said the poison doesn't actually affect the water itself but the pokemon who inhabit the water. Something I never really got cause when you battle a water typed pokemon, your attacking the pokemon not the water it lives in.
    Poison definately needs some improvement, it could be argued that it could be super effective on dragons too.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah and I see what you are saying but thats why tons of fish go belly up when the water is highly polluted.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Yeah exactly, eather way it gets back to the inhabitants. Also for Fifth Gen. I'd like to see some more Fire types. Like DPPt added what? Heatran, Infernape and Magmortar?
    Maybe like a Volcano based region (which would make sense as most regions are based off of regions of Japan.) That would also give them a storyline, and they wouldn't even have to include another evil team though you know they will.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Personally, I want another evo chain equivalent to Geodude/Graveler/Golem. I'm annoyed at the constant appearances of Graveler everywhere. V_V
    Maybe an equivalent to Zubat/Golbat too... ^_^
    xX

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    How about a different concept to the Elite Four, instead of the whole five trainers specializing in one type of Pokemon in five empty rooms. Why not make it a stadium like in the show?

Or an idea that i had for my own " Pokemon" game i was attempting to make. Put all of the Elite Four on 4 seperate islands surrounding the region continent and all leading to the Champion's islands.

Oh, and keep the Champion not having one type concept, its more fun that way.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They need a ghost/steel pokemon. that will fix the metagame up :D

Smogon watcher! lol

really though. A scooby Doo knight like pokemon would be perfect.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    XD I'd prefer if they made something similar to Smogon's already awesome create-a-pokemon creation and make something Ghost/Fighting. It's just a fun type combo, maybe not necessarily useful but..

Which one? I think Fidget would make a good pokemon, but is owned by Psychic.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Considering how stale and repetitive the games have become, I think that Generation V should feature a major renovation in both battling and normal gameplay. Now, a few of these suggestions may be controversial, but I don't care, I like controversy.

1) Introduction of a Pokémon's species.

Now, I'm not talking about the random two-word species on the Pokedex, I'm talking about a sort of sub-type. I envision 12 different species of Pokemon:
    • Hoof
    • Paw
    • Rodent
    • Bird
    • Shrub
    • Tree
    • Crustacean
    • Fish
    • Lizard
    • Insect
    • Humanoid
    • Composite (pokemon made up of some material or element, eg. Geodude, Regice, Muk. The others are self-explanatory)
    Each species would be strong against one species and weak against one other. If a pokemon of a certain species (eg. Grovyle, Lizard) came up against a pokemon of a species it is strong against (eg. Yanma, Insect), the power of all Grovyle's attacks would be multiplied by 1.5. Stat-changing moves would be affected in the same way.
    There are several aims to this. The first is simple realism. A bird would be much better off against a rodent, as they are their natural prey. Another is to add a curve-ball into battling and team-building. You'd think twice about sending your Pikachu out to face Pidgeotto. And while a team consisting of Rapidash, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Meganium, Tauros and Ampharos may seem like a fairly good, well-balanced team at first glance, they are in fact all Hoof pokemon, and so could be screwed up against a powerful rodent like Shaymin or Weavile.

2) Introduction of two new types: Digital and Ancient.

I'm going to be lazy and paste in the post I made in another thread.

As for me, I've come up with two new types, and opposites they are.

Digital and Ancient.

It's been the 21st century for 9 years and we still haven't seen a digital-type pokemon to go with the digital age we live in. It would be great, we could have an airborne virus (Digital/Ghost), a mass of wires (Digital/Electric), a huge beast than transmits information from all over the world (Dragon/Digital). We could upgrade the Porygon family too. It would be great fun.

Super-effective: Ancient, Electric, Steel
    Not very effective: Poison, Psychic
    Resist: Electric
    Weak against: Psychic
    Immune to: Ancient

As for Ancient pokemon, they would encompass all the fossil pokemon and other mons based off ancient beasts eg. Mamoswine. Chuck in a Dinosaur pokemon too (how cool would an Ancient/Dark T-Rex pokemon be? And yes, I remember Tyranitar, but he had lame prevolutions), along with a Sabre-toothed tiger (Steel/Ancient) and a Triceratops with flaming horns (Fire/Ancient).

Super-effective: Dragon, Psychic
    Not very effective: Poison, Fire
    No effect on: Digital
    Resist: Dragon, Fire, Electric, Ice
    Weak to: Poison, Digital

These would add another dimension to the playing field and give some advantages to the severely underpowered Poison-type.

Although the above would be fun, it is not really necessary, and could throw a couple of things out of kilter. However, it would be cool to see some powerful Digital beam move, or a new status effect - Crashed. Your pokemon would crash and be unable to do anything. To rid yourself of this you would either use an appropriate item or "reboot" your pokemon. You would do this by choosing one of your four attacks. One will reboot your pokemon, while three will have no effect whatsoever, and you have to guess the right one. Basically, you can be crashed for between 1 and 4 moves.

3) Change the storyline

This is probably the change most needed, in fact it definitely is. Pokemon is getting stale with its oft-repeated, simplistic and linear storyline. Kid gets pokemon from Professor and meets rival. Professor tells him to go off and challenge the eight gym leaders. Kid meets evil team. Kid beats evil team several times before a finale featuring a legendary pokemon that Kid must capture/defeat. Kid goes to challenge the five members of the Elite Four(?!).

It was tired even by Johto, and now it's just getting silly. We need more exploration of the new region, and less of a straight journey from Gym to Gym. We need a twist on the old recurring baddies of the rival and Team X.

4) Weather conditions and Seasons.

As others have said, this would be a great addition. You could have different pokemon cropping up at different times of the year, like Sunflora in Spring or Delibird in Winter. Ice pokemon could appear in the grass when it's snowing, when it's sunny a sudden flourish of grass pokemon, when it's raining you see a lot of water pokemon. They already have a similar system for Morning/Day/Night, so why not the weather?

5) Improve the gyms

These are supposed to be the eight most skilled trainers in the region. So why, for the love of God, do they only have pokemon of one single type? And may I also ask why they have, out of a maximum of six, often only three pokemon? Two of which are the same creature? Why?

Gym leaders are far too easy to overcome and always have been. So the Gym leader is a master of flames, possessing the most powerful fire pokemon in the country? You have a decent ground-type and a capable water pokemon and you walk it. Especially when they throw out 4 Magcargos or something. And have an empty slot in their party. Doh.

Make the Gym leaders more intelligent. If you must have an all-ice gym or something, make it an opportunity to show off all kinds of ice pokemon - Piloswine, Glalie, Dewgong, Weavile, Cloyster, Glaceon - not an opportunity to show of three Swinubs and its evolution. In fact, do away with typed gyms all together, save for maybe a couple for nostalgia's sake. Instead, each gym can have a theme of some sort, eg. A gym for Paw pokemon, a gym for Special-typed pokemon, a gym for Forest-dwelling pokemon, a gym for fast pokemon, etc.

6) Make NPC trainers more intelligent

I am sick of tired of facing Fisherman with 6 Magikarp that all use splash, or Bird Keepers with 5 Pidgeys that all use tackle against my Bayleef. Mix it up, make the NPC's use more effective attacks, and bring in as many pokemon as you can from all the generations. Overall, I'd be a great supporter of having fewer but more powerful NPCs.

7) Increase the variety of wild pokemon

By the time Generation V rolls around, there will be over 600 different types of pokemon, and yet each game only features around 200 and half of those are Zubats. Add a ton or two of pokemon into various areas and the whole thing will feel a lot more vibrant and unpredictable. You'd also have a lot more choice when creating a team, no more having to wait until the last third of the game before getting a fire type, you'll get a few Magbys, Slugmas, Vulpixes and Numels thrown in near the start. Rather than the first three routes all containing the same old Pidgey/Rattata/Caterpie combination (for later generations read Hoothoot/Sentret/Caterpie or Tailow/Zigzagoon/Wurmple), let you be able to catch all types of pokemon early on, like baby pokemon, old starters and various others from all other regions. Variety can only be a good thing.

While we're at it, please please please please get rid of Zubats in every bloody cave, and have a sea that isn't entirely populated by Tentacools. Water is by far the most common type, yet those infuriating jellyfish dominate everywhere you swim. Grr.

8) Make you able to have a pokemon following you around

'Nuff said.

9) Allow customization of trainer sprites and pokemon

'Nuff said again.

10) No more pointless evolutions/prevolutions

Generation II started this ugly trend with the introduction of pointless baby pokemon (if you're going to introduce weaker versions of strong pokemon, at least let us catch the weaker ones early on in the game) and saddling awesome pokemon like Scyther with lame evolutions - and I'm looking at you too Bellosom, Politoed and Hitmontop. Generation III bucked this trend, but they were back to it in the awful Generation IV creating Honchkrow, Mime Jr., Lickilicky, Magmortar, Bonsly, Probopass and Rhyperior. I'm not placing an embargo on new evolutions, far from it, but they shouldn't create new ones just because they can.

11) Get rid of the HMs.

Have each pokemon have one or two "skill slots" that would allow you to do the out-of-battle things and shift all the battle moves into TMs or learnt moves. Alternatively, introduce Key Items that allow you to navigate the area, such as a boat for surfing, a machete to replace Cut. Whatever they do, they have to do something, because I'm fed up with saddling my lovely Poliwrath with Rock Smash, or my Raikou having to use up one of its slots for Flash.

And I think that's pretty much everything. If you're still reading after all that, thanks for listening. Not all of these changes are necessary, the new types are just for fun and I'd be amazed if they ever introduced species. But still, we really need some major change or the games will become stale beyond help.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
    Considering how stale and repetitive the games have become, I think that Generation V should feature a major renovation in both battling and normal gameplay. Now, a few of these suggestions may be controversial, but I don't care, I like controversy.

Now, I'm not talking about the random two-word species on the Pokedex, I'm talking about a sort of sub-type. I envision 12 different species of Pokemon:
    • Hoof
    • Paw
    • Rodent
    • Bird
    • Shrub
    • Tree
    • Crustacean
    • Fish
    • Lizard
    • Insect
    • Humanoid
    • Composite (pokemon made up of some material or element, eg. Geodude, Regice, Muk. The others are self-explanatory)
    Each species would be strong against one species and weak against one other. If a pokemon of a certain species (eg. Grovyle, Lizard) came up against a pokemon of a species it is strong against (eg. Yanma, Insect), the power of all Grovyle's attacks would be multiplied by 1.5. Stat-changing moves would be affected in the same way.
    There are several aims to this. The first is simple realism. A bird would be much better off against a rodent, as they are their natural prey. Another is to add a curve-ball into battling and team-building. You'd think twice about sending your Pikachu out to face Pidgeotto. And while a team consisting of Rapidash, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Meganium, Tauros and Ampharos may seem like a fairly good, well-balanced team at first glance, they are in fact all Hoof pokemon, and so could be screwed up against a powerful rodent like Shaymin or Weavile.

Although the above would be fun, it is not really necessary, and could throw a couple of things out of kilter. However, it would be cool to see some powerful Digital beam move, or a new status effect - Crashed. Your pokemon would crash and be unable to do anything. To rid yourself of this you would either use an appropriate item or "reboot" your pokemon. You would do this by choosing one of your four attacks. One will reboot your pokemon, while three will have no effect whatsoever, and you have to guess the right one. Basically, you can be crashed for between 1 and 4 moves.

3) Change the storyline

This is probably the change most needed, in fact it definitely is. Pokemon is getting stale with its oft-repeated, simplistic and linear storyline. Kid gets pokemon from Professor and meets rival. Professor tells him to go off and challenge the eight gym leaders. Kid meets evil team. Kid beats evil team several times before a finale featuring a legendary pokemon that Kid must capture/defeat. Kid goes to challenge the five members of the Elite Four(?!).

It was tired even by Johto, and now it's just getting silly. We need more exploration of the new region, and less of a straight journey from Gym to Gym. We need a twist on the old recurring baddies of the rival and Team X.

As others have said, this would be a great addition. You could have different pokemon cropping up at different times of the year, like Sunflora in Spring or Delibird in Winter. Ice pokemon could appear in the grass when it's snowing, when it's sunny a sudden flourish of grass pokemon, when it's raining you see a lot of water pokemon. They already have a similar system for Morning/Day/Night, so why not the weather?

5) Improve the gyms

These are supposed to be the eight most skilled trainers in the region. So why, for the love of God, do they only have pokemon of one single type? And may I also ask why they have, out of a maximum of six, often only three pokemon? Two of which are the same creature? Why?

Gym leaders are far too easy to overcome and always have been. So the Gym leader is a master of flames, possessing the most powerful fire pokemon in the country? You have a decent ground-type and a capable water pokemon and you walk it. Especially when they throw out 4 Magcargos or something. And have an empty slot in their party. Doh.

Make the Gym leaders more intelligent. If you must have an all-ice gym or something, make it an opportunity to show off all kinds of ice pokemon - Piloswine, Glalie, Dewgong, Weavile, Cloyster, Glaceon - not an opportunity to show of three Swinubs and its evolution. In fact, do away with typed gyms all together, save for maybe a couple for nostalgia's sake. Instead, each gym can have a theme of some sort, eg. A gym for Paw pokemon, a gym for Special-typed pokemon, a gym for Forest-dwelling pokemon, a gym for fast pokemon, etc.

I am sick of tired of facing Fisherman with 6 Magikarp that all use splash, or Bird Keepers with 5 Pidgeys that all use tackle against my Bayleef. Mix it up, make the NPC's use more effective attacks, and bring in as many pokemon as you can from all the generations. Overall, I'd be a great supporter of having fewer but more powerful NPCs.

By the time Generation V rolls around, there will be over 600 different types of pokemon, and yet each game only features around 200 and half of those are Zubats. Add a ton or two of pokemon into various areas and the whole thing will feel a lot more vibrant and unpredictable. You'd also have a lot more choice when creating a team, no more having to wait until the last third of the game before getting a fire type, you'll get a few Magbys, Slugmas, Vulpixes and Numels thrown in near the start. Rather than the first three routes all containing the same old Pidgey/Rattata/Caterpie combination (for later generations read Hoothoot/Sentret/Caterpie or Tailow/Zigzagoon/Wurmple), let you be able to catch all types of pokemon early on, like baby pokemon, old starters and various others from all other regions. Variety can only be a good thing.

While we're at it, please please please please get rid of Zubats in every bloody cave, and have a sea that isn't entirely populated by Tentacools. Water is by far the most common type, yet those infuriating jellyfish dominate everywhere you swim. Grr.

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said again.

Generation II started this ugly trend with the introduction of pointless baby pokemon (if you're going to introduce weaker versions of strong pokemon, at least let us catch the weaker ones early on in the game) and saddling awesome pokemon like Scyther with lame evolutions - and I'm looking at you too Bellosom, Politoed and Hitmontop. Generation III bucked this trend, but they were back to it in the awful Generation IV creating Honchkrow, Mime Jr., Lickilicky, Magmortar, Bonsly, Probopass and Rhyperior. I'm not placing an embargo on new evolutions, far from it, but they shouldn't create new ones just because they can.

11) Get rid of the HMs.

Have each pokemon have one or two "skill slots" that would allow you to do the out-of-battle things and shift all the battle moves into TMs or learnt moves. Alternatively, introduce Key Items that allow you to navigate the area, such as a boat for surfing, a machete to replace Cut. Whatever they do, they have to do something, because I'm fed up with saddling my lovely Poliwrath with Rock Smash, or my Raikou having to use up one of its slots for Flash.

And I think that's pretty much everything. If you're still reading after all that, thanks for listening. Not all of these changes are necessary, the new types are just for fun and I'd be amazed if they ever introduced species. But still, we really need some major change or the games will become stale beyond help.

whoa!...thats kinda what i was thinking about. i like this. some of its a strech but i like the whole idea of dropping HMs competly! i want my cyndaquil to be able to burn that small tree down with ember!
    i want a flashlight! i want to swim! and the game would feal alot bigger if you had to back track...but instead of finding those trainers you whooped yesterday youll find a new set or maybe a new rival or two..."the other day there where masses of pokemon trainers here, did you beat them all!? ok your my rival from now on!"
    that kinda thing.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    *moan*

five members of the Elite Four(?!).
    No, there are 4 members, that "fifth" member is the Champion, who has no relation, nor is NOT aprt of the Elite Four

11) Get rid of the HMs.

Isn't that why we use HM Slaves?

EDIT:

Anyways,

Keep, the Wifi Plaza and the Battle Frontier (but expand the BF)
    Keep the Pokemon Devices, the PokeGear was my favorite
    Make the Professor a girl this time and keep the Champion a woman as well
    Make it so there is alot of legendary Pokemon to catch like in DP but less having to capture my a Nintendo Event or Hacking, also make one of them a Bug-type
    Make more Seals and at Contest Battling to the Pokemon Contest

and yes, make it able to customize your character

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Type combinations they should have:
    Dragon/Steel (An armoured dragon :3)
    Dragon/Fire (You would have thought this would have been done by now :\)
    Dragon/Dark (Evil dragons FTW!)

And thats all I that comes to mind at the moment. :D

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

• Hoof
    • Paw
    • Rodent
    • Bird
    • Shrub
    • Tree
    • Crustacean
    • Fish
    • Lizard
    • Insect
    • Humanoid

This is definately a logical idea but unfortunatly would make pokemon way too complicated for it's younger audiences, which is really who Nintendo's first priority is. I like the idea but I don't see it being implemented anyday. I could debate you on your placement of certain pokemon though :P

Um.......uh, yea.....Iie, as the Japanese would say in my limited romanji and Hiragana typing abilities. Ancient is something I've commented on in other threads, it works as a pokedex label (as in the ancient pokemon) or even a species listing. It works in many ways of classification but I can't see it working as an actual typing.

Digital imo at least is just bad. I don't know I'm sure you and others disagree but again how does it work as a typing? We have Steel types and Electric to cover all our machinary and electricity related needs. Then there are another 15 types that can be added on to one of those two depending on the modern day machinary your trying to immitate. Though I do agree with you on one thing, a pokemon a little more 21st century distinguishable is a good idea.

Well all I can say here is remember, pokemon are supposed to be living breathing creatures, not computers that freeze up and crash

3) Change the storyline

Sadly this will never happen. I doubt it at least, I'm agreeing with you here...to a point. The collect badges, challenge the elite 4 plot is what makes pokemon pokemon. Do you not find any excitement in traveling around the pokemon world gaining reputation and becoming one of the greatest of all time? I do. Though, I agree, this story line needs spicing up.
    One of my ideas I actually just mentioned. Reputation, sure after you beat the elite 4 there's like a fan club where like 3 kids know who you are and the other 3 members tell you the trainers you beat constantly everyday are better than you. Ya whatever. So what I think would be nice, is if you actually gain fans, as someone mentioned, maybe you, how about performing your gym battle matches and elite 4 battles in a stadium. Filled with roaring fans. Heck, you could have random fangirls/boyz fallow you around.

I remember the one guy from the emerald battle tower that would ask for advice about his pokemon descisions, I always wondered if he got better. You know, see if me "taking him under my wing," paid off.

I agree 100%

5) Improve the gyms

While I never understood the 3 empty slots and using the same pokemon over and over in the gym battles, I did understand the typing thing. Here go to shoddy, I challenge you to make a mono Flying team. It's possible and making a good team isn't hard with diversity but it does take skill. Diversity is what those gyms need. Actually something I liked about DPP, was that some of the gym leaders is seemed, instead of just having pokemon of a specific typing they had a couple that were good against the common counter's to their typing. This could be exanded apon.

Okay, I would love this but unfortunatly they can't make the game too difficult for the games younger demographic, of course I don't care if your two years old, your going to be just as annoyed by those fisherman that you mentioned. A huge increase won't be seen (unless they add an area for after the elite 4 where the competitive battlers can run around an be challenged) but some sort of increase should be mandatory :P

Agreed

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said again.

I personally like Baby pokemon, they're realistic (not to mention some are adorable), as long as they don't overpopulate the game too much.
    I'm all for some new evolutions, but when they go overboard it's a little much. Like Rhydon didn't really need one but I'm hoping for a Weezing evo, so I can't really comment on that without being hypocritical. As long as they do a good job, I'm for it, but make sure they don't overshadow the new pokes. Also, I forgot to mention, I'm all for it, if they do a good job, seriously what the heck is Magmortar, and it's honestly not really something that really should have been anything. Though I would have been all for a Magmortar evolution.

Another thought crossed my mind on this, I know the Japanese metagame is alot different so I can't really say if Lickillicky or Magmortar have much use anywhere in the world, but when you make pokemon only evolvable by rare items and trade, expect only the more serious pokemon fans and battlers to put the effort in to getting them, so making them competively viable would be doing us a favour. Though I do understand the "cool" factor.

11) Get rid of the HMs.

HM slave? Yeah it's annoying but maybe not the elimination of HM's but the elimination of useless ones like Rock Climb. Surf and Waterfall are very viable and Strength and Fly are extremely in game (like within battles)

No problem it's nice to see people putting alot of thought into their posts. It was a nice read.

This is a very good post, but hold of on the size 3 text next time, unless that a personal need of yours for well personal reason's of yours.

My comments are included in the post in bold.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    I think that a Dark/Fighting as well as a water/fighting should be introduced. Yes, technically we have poliwrath, but he doesn't learn any fighting moves. He's basically a water type with added weaknesses.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    This is a very good post, but hold of on the size 3 text next time, unless that a personal need of yours for well personal reason's of yours.

My comments are included in the post in bold.

Thank you for reading and replying. I'm sorry about the oversized text, I copy&pasted it from Word.

This is definately a logical idea but unfortunatly would make pokemon way too complicated for it's younger audiences, which is really who Nintendo's first priority is. I like the idea but I don't see it being implemented anyday. I could debate you on your placement of certain pokemon though :P

Perhaps it could be an over-complication.... but kids can be quite smart. It would just introduce a few more choices into battling, eg. the gym leader's just sent out Azumarill. Shall I send out my Flaffy with a type advantage and a species disadvantage or my Skarmory with a species advantage? At the moment, you can run through the game on auto-pilot. But I accept your point about Nintendo being reluctant to alienate younger audiences. But at the same time, the right kind of marketing could make Pokemon more respectable to older gamers, thus increasing its popularity in another demographic.

Also, the placement of which pokemon? :P

Um.......uh, yea.....Iie, as the Japanese would say in my limited romanji and Hiragana typing abilities. Ancient is something I've commented on in other threads, it works as a pokedex label (as in the ancient pokemon) or even a species listing. It works in many ways of classification but I can't see it working as an actual typing.

Fair enough.

Digital imo at least is just bad. I don't know I'm sure you and others disagree but again how does it work as a typing? We have Steel types and Electric to cover all our machinary and electricity related needs. Then there are another 15 types that can be added on to one of those two depending on the modern day machinary your trying to immitate. Though I do agree with you on one thing, a pokemon a little more 21st century distinguishable is a good idea. [/quote]

Well, it works because it would be a sort of "opposite" to Psychic, pokemon that focus on logic and numbers rather than thought and meditation. Also, a couple of new types instantly gives the game a fresh, new feel, like the Johto games did. Despite being closely related to Kanto, the Generation II games felt more original and different to the first games than any other Generation. And there are many Digital pokemon that could be introduced without relation to Electricity or Steel.

Datatron and Waretron (Digital) - Living, breathing chunks of data contained in a chunk of see-through material. Datatron is small and made up of just legs, while Waretron is humanoid.

Viro and Noro (Digital/Ghost) - Not evolutions but rivals. Viro is an airborne virus that lives by corrupting computer systems. Noro survives by seeking out Viros and neutralising them.

Cybaratt (Digital) - A large rat with a Cybernetic brain that feeds off data.

Snart (Digital/Dragon) - A titanic dragon through which it is said that all the information in the world flows through. It hides deep in caves in fear of the danger its knowledge could cause.

And many more....

Well all I can say here is remember, pokemon are supposed to be living breathing creatures, not computers that freeze up and crash

Fair point, perhaps we have enough status problems as it is.

Sadly this will never happen. I doubt it at least, I'm agreeing with you here...to a point. The collect badges, challenge the elite 4 plot is what makes pokemon pokemon. Do you not find any excitement in traveling around the pokemon world gaining reputation and becoming one of the greatest of all time? I do.

Oh, I'm not suggesting we get rid of the gym/Elite 4 system altogether, not at all. But each game has implemented the exact same format, with the same things happening at the same points in time, with the names slightly changed. Mix it up, split the game into two new regions with a sort-of-Elite Four you have to beat before you enter the second. Have more side-quests. Make your character have to make decisions that would change the plot slightly. Better yet, have different but overlapping journeys depending on which starter you choose. If you lose an important battle (eg. against a Team X leader), have that have noticable reprocussions. Stick in a major plot after you beat the elite four. Perhaps Team X have caused the apocalypse and it's your job to travel all over the world and stop it. Just as long as the format is re-jigged and the storyline has less of an A->B->C type progression, I'll be happy.

While I never understood the 3 empty slots and using the same pokemon over and over in the gym battles, I did understand the typing thing. Here go to shoddy, I challenge you to make a mono Flying team. It's possible and making a good team isn't hard with diversity but it does take skill. Diversity is what those gyms need. Actually something I liked about DPP, was that some of the gym leaders is seemed, instead of just having pokemon of a specific typing they had a couple that were good against the common counter's to their typing. This could be exanded apon.

I just think that we've gone through all the types now, except for Dark, and the whole typed gym idea has gone stale. I'd love to see a gym with some other interesting niche. Or maybe, just for fun, there are some quasi-gyms that you can challenge that are filled with pokemon of 1 type, but the twist is you have to have a team solely of that type. It'd be so much fun to have to go out and build a team of solely water pokemon, or a kick-ass fire team. Another thing I'd like to see is gyms not placed in the middle of cities, but at the top of mountains or deep in a forest.

Okay, I would love this but unfortunatly they can't make the game too difficult for the games younger demographic, of course I don't care if your two years old, your going to be just as annoyed by those fisherman that you mentioned. A huge increase won't be seen (unless they add an area for after the elite 4 where the competitive battlers can run around an be challenged) but some sort of increase should be mandatory :P

Well, it doesn't even matter that much if they don't make the NPCs necessarily better, but it's just such a Wall Banger when they throw out 6 of the same pokemon. A big part of what I love about pokemon is how expansive and diverse it is, with hundereds of different pokemon, all waiting to be found. Having 5 or 6 of the same pokemon instantly narrows the focus, and makes the game feel restricted. Give the fishermen a Goldeen, a Barboach, a Finneon and a Chinchou and instantly your NPC is a hell of a lot more entertaining to battle. Come one, who doesn't get tired of battling 100 bug catchers with 100 caterpies early on in the game? Giving them a few Wurmples, Spinoraks, Ledybas, Surskits or Mantrizors (pre-evo of Scyther) wouldn't necessairly make them harder to beat, but more entertaining to beat.

HM slave? Yeah it's annoying but maybe not the elimination of HM's but the elimination of useless ones like Rock Climb. Surf and Waterfall are very viable and Strength and Fly are extremely in game (like within battles)

Well yes, we can keep the useful moves like Fly, Surf, etc. But they should be TMs and learnt moves. HM slaves are irritating because they instantly take up a space in your party with a pokemon that you didn't really want. I like to have complete choice and freedom when choosing my party (apart from the obvious restrictions like not being able to catch legendaries until later, that makes sense).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back