• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Person Number 3

Unrecognized as of now.
    Years
    I want them to do something with Tropius, as I've been apalled at the lack of Tropius love around these forums. Seriously, people. What isn't cool about a long neck dinosour that has fruit growing from its neck, has leaf wings, and can fly? It needs to get an evolution that makes it look really awesome. Hopefully becoming Dragon-/Grass-.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I think if there were to be a new region in a G/S/C remake it'd make sense for Cianwood to be the entrance to it. When you look a map of Johto, Cianwood isn't like Cinnabar Island, you can't see where it ends. They could make a cave entrance for it to lead to Hoenn or somewhere else like the Orange Islands.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Some things I'd love that may/may not happen

- A fire/fighting starter. Gee, we haven't had any of those have we?
    - A Polar Bear - Ice/Fighting
    - Pre-evo of Miltank/Tauros, evolving by gender. Alot of people want this.
    - Fighting type that excels in Special Attack.
    - Levitate Electric (:P)

That's all I can think of. I'll update this post/ make a new post if I think of moar.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    We really nice either a Ice/Dragon type Pokémon or a Fire/Dragon type Pokémon in the 5th Gen. Something not too powerful, but with great stats. This will hopefully give us a better variety in WiFi or shoddy battles when it comes to Dragon types being used. It kind of gets tiring seeing Salamence all the time, especially since Garchomp became Uber.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    It would have these characteristics:
    -New region.
    -2 or more rivals.
    -I think that the region must be with a variety of climates, like Sinnoh and Hoenn, and a large storyline like Johto.
    -Maybe include another region or the Battle Frontier AGAIN.
    -Possibility to fight characters from previous games, as in G/S/C you could fight Red.
    -No legendaries since I don't know what else Nintendo can do. Most probably they could have bad design and pointless existance...
    -Pre-evos for some pokemon that really need them... Like Onix, Lapras, Tauros/Miltank, Scyther...
    -Evos for some Pokemon: Farfetch, Chatot, Dunsparce, Quilfish...
    I agree with your first three points and point number five, but anymore retard evo's and pre-evos will make me want to kill Nintendo unless its for Kangiskhan.

YuuNoKami Saka

Super Sentai, Mairu!
    Years
    I'd like a game that would allow you to go from Kanto to Sinnoh in one game. But not being able to have higher level Pokemon from the previous area until you defeat the E4 of the latest area. (ie. You can't use your level 73 Charizard from Kanto in Johto until you beat the E4 FROM Johto.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Blaziken and Infernape

Both of them are Fire/Fighting

That was a joke, incase you didn't realise. If we have a Fire/Fighting starter in Gen V, I'll punch someone.. really hard.

Anyways, I'd like to see more fire types and less water, way less water actually. Make fire routes instead of sea routes.
    Filling in the rest of the type combo's that haven't been done yet would be nice.

Oh, and maybe not a rival like Barry or Brendan/May, we need a toughie like Silver. Maybe not as rough but oh well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they had to choose new starters...I think I would like this typing for them:

Grass/Fighting
    Water/Psychic
    Fire/Dark

That way it keeps things level between the starters still and is a new start for the next Gen.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
    Years
    heres some pokemon that need evolutions or preevolutions:

weezing (awesome but could be better, plus we need stronger poison types)
    seaking (come on, it sucks. its too generic also)
    giraffarig (could be cool if it had a prevo)
    dunsparce (needs an evo)
    medicham (already tight, but could get so cool)
    lunatone and solrock (could have a prevo that could turn into either one, like an asteroid)
    absol (could have a cool prevo)
    zangoose and seviper (cool evos)
    luvdisc (it needs something)

new types could be interesting, but there are some combos i would like to see:
    fire/grass
    fire/dragon
    fire/ghost
    fire/electric
    electric/dark
    electric/grass
    electric/fighting
    ghost/steel
    ghost/psychic
    ghost/fighting
    dragon/grass
    dragon/electric
    dragon/fighting
    dragon/normal
    dragon/dark
    dragon/bug
    bug/electric
    bug/ice
    dark/fighting
    poison/psychic
    poison/electric
    poison/dragon
    normal/fighting
    flying/fighting

also, i would like to see pokemon have alternative typings. like, instead of a ghost poison gastly, you could find a dark poison gastly on a specific route some of the time.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    also, i would like to see pokemon have alternative typings. like, instead of a ghost poison gastly, you could find a dark poison gastly on a specific route some of the time.

I don't exactly think that would work out too well, as the coding for the game would be entirely different from the ones now xD Plus it could be too much and cause a lot of confusion for some players.

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    I would be happy if they gave my favorite pokemon, kecleon, an evolution. He is just begging for it. Not that he is bad, but he needs an evo.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    G/F/W starters are obvious but here's what I thought
    Fighting, Rock, Flying
    If this were true, this'd be a good time for the first pure flying type
    Trainer customization would rock, Cutscenes similar to the beginning of chrono trigger on DS, battle style improved, a new type (my idea for a new type is type Light).
    Yes, type Light I think would be awesome, here's what I think of type light.

Good against: Dark, Psychic, Fire, Ice, Electric, Poisen
    Bad against: Light, Rock, Ground, Flying
    Doesn't affect: Ghost
    Weak against: Dark, Fighting, Ghost
    Mutual against: all others

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^That isn't bad ideas for a Light type Pokémon, except why would it be weak against flying types? xD I understand the rest though...

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    Enough of the 999,999 maximum money. We should have an unlockable yacht after the E4, one that costs 4,000,000 (whew, rich) so we can travel around the world.

We can be like Ash and recruit friends like May, Dawn, Misty, Brock, Tracey etc. One with new pokemon and can do double wild battles.

HM should be automatic. Not to be taught to Pokemon. As long as it's in the pack we can use it.

We can certainly need a Psychic/Poison type.

A cooler, villanious team named Team WePwnAll. (sounds like a gang more than an organization)

Pokemon gain a more life-like cries. (like Pikachu crying "Pi Pikachu)

Poison type should gain a new advantage, instead of the rarely used grass type.

An HP Form of Deoxys.

That's all.

Last edited:

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    Will 5th Gen be possible?

Personally, I doubt 5th will happen. Even if it does, theres a good chance the Pokemon that are released from it, will be unoriginal and look slapped together.

What do you think?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    It is possible and I believe that the Pokemon will look excellent. I love everything about this current gen so I doubt I wouldn't next gen.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Well I'd say about a third of the 4th gens Pokémon are very good, the rest I haven't grown to. When the 3rd Gen came out, I hated them but I have grown to like them. The fact is, they're running out of animals to base their Pokémon on. I mean look at Rotom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back