• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
  • Evo of Venomoth, which is Bug/Psychic.
    Evo of Ariados, which is Bug/Dark.

BLASPHEMY!!!

he heh... i'm sorry, but you just CAN'T get rid of their poison typing

also, they need to make:

• dark gym
    • freedom to go to whatever gym (it's levels and pokemon vary depending on the number of badges YOU have)
    • go to another region (probably hoenn since johto is getting remake)
    and as for type combinations they haven't made:

• water/dragon
    • ghost/dragon (they'd pwn)
    • fire/dragon (not that good, just for the sake of it)
    • steel/ghost (with levitate (ability) or magnet rise (move) to make it even more of a *****)
    • fire/water (it can work, there are a lot of fish in the sea (some of them can burn you))
    • too lazy to add more
    call me crazy, but i wouldn't mind a light-type (i made a tantrum about dark, but since it's already there, might as well go all the way)

and KANGHASKID!!!

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    • ghost/dragon (they'd pwn)
    • Uhh, Giratina...
    • steel/ghost (with levitate (ability) or magnet rise (move) to make it even more of a *****)
    • I think this would be the ultimate type and that's why they wont realise it. It has too few weak spots.
    • fire/water (it can work, there are a lot of fish in the sea (some of them can burn you))
    • NO! You mean burn in the meaning of pain, not fire. Besides, the matchup would be screwed up. Don't you think there's a REASON why they don't try out any type combo? Anyway, thought of Red Gyarados?
    Now, what I'd like to see is some storyline, like we had in Colosseum and XD. If they just put that in it'll broaden the audience and draw the attention of old fans.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • First of all, I want more Pokémon that are not just evos or pre-evos of older Pokémon. I wanna see some new ones! Fire-types, especially, cos' generation IV only introduced, like, 5 Fire-types?! And the only one that wasn't a starter or a legendary was just an ugly evolved form of another ugly Pokémon. (Gawd, I hate Magmortar and Rhyperior)

..And we seriously need a Dark-type gym and a really, really powerful Dark-type move.

Ex Trainer Ruiisu

You Told Me I Was A Monster
    Years
  • 5th gen needs
    ice/dragon
    more water/electrics than just lanturn
    grass/ground type? would be like a pure plant imo lol
    fighting/dark type D: i think that would break the game
    more fire types. and definitely newer original pokemon
    like many of you guys have said i also want the ability to go to other regions, stronger gyms, dark type gym leader, reintroduction of the call feature

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I wish that they would expand the starters you can choose from (other than Grass/Poison (Bulbsaur), Grass, Fire or Water). Maybe also including a Poison type or a ground type

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2009
    I want an option to choose how your character looks like, something like you can choose between some trainer sprites that are not used anywhere else in the game.

I also want a Kanghaskan pre-evo. They should have made it a long time ago! They should make new type combinations too. And go to other regions after you beat the Pokemon League.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Couple of things:
    1.If there is a GTS Center like D/P/Pl, they should give more options while searching, such as the nature of your pokemon.
    2.The user should be able to customize their trainer, so when you battle someone online with a friend the person would look different then your friends.
    3.Make more new pokemon and less legendaries. In my opinion, there were way to many legendaries in the 4th generation. Make new pokemon, and pre-evolutions would be cool like a pre-Kangaskhan. Also, it would be cool if they did a pre-evolution/evolution of Dunsparce.
    Yea, thats all I got... ._.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • 1. Longer Deeper story. DP was way too short.
    2. As people have said, character customization. But good! Not like the miis...
    3. Being able to go to a previous region after elite 4
    4. The usual, more new pokemon, less legendaries
    5. Better graphics. Although if they r going to do it on a new handheld this shouldnt b a problem
    Thats all 4 now...

MLU

Returning Tradesman
    Years
  • Some new types to be suggested:

Normal/Dragon
    Fight/Dragon
    Dark/Ghost LEGENDARY. Some DARK/GHOST that are actually good....sableye and spiritomb were DEFENSE freaks.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    What about a

Bug/Ghost Legendary?

I really wanted to see Bug Legendary

Intensity

~ How Intense can it get? ~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    There could be other starter trios like a Fighting / Rock / Flying group or a Bug / Psychic / Poison group, but they'll probably stick with the all so famous Grass / Fire / Water group. It'd be nice to see a change in the 5th Gen and it would help Nintendo attract more people to it, but it'd be a little strange with all of the other generations having the same groups while the 5th gen has something different.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • They wouldn't do Bug/Psychic/Poison because Bugs aren't weak to Poison-type moves...

A Grass/Fire Pokémon would be awesome. It could be a pepper!
    We also need Bug-, Fighting-, and Poison-type legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    The Weather system needs to be vastly improved like that there should be:

1. Random Weather patterns that fit certain areas to mimic somewhat the weather.
    2. Fire Pokemon should be hurt effectively when it rains during a battle.
    3. When it rains Grass Pokemon should be able to absorb it to revitalize HP while Water Pokkemon can revitalize PP.
    4. People should have umbrellas while it rains or have drenched OW versions.

Then the legends should not be a part of the story like the previous generations, only that the legendary exclusive to each game comes first before the legend from it's counterpart like Gold and Silver.

There should be legendary wolves this time around because the legendary concept used in GSC got dropped after it.

The story should be a whole lot darker, on par of GSC.

The designs for the new Pokemon should not suck.

They should add real time battling to the game as an option to appeal to fans of those types of games and also because it was cool in Mystery Dungeon.

New types like Machine, Virus, Light, and Orbit and merge the rock and ground types into the Earth Type.

The starters could have this combination:

Dark/Fire, Steel/Fire ,or Earth/Fire

Ice/Water, Dragon/Water or Fighting/Water

Light/Grass , Dark/Grass, or Electric/Grass

Maybe two regions , and perhaps more functions like what the Pokegear had plus email and IM.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2009
    I would definately like to see a fourth evolution of Typhlosion or Charizard. Also, maybe a few new types if at all possible

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • Instead of Gen 5, have a game where you begin in a choice location, either Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh. And once you beat that region go on to the other 3.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
    1. A Vulpix prevo (I have yet to see that one tailed, white fox described in the pokedex)
    2. A Kangaskhan prevo
    3. A Fire/Ice type (Maybe a polar bear or something. XD)
    4. More Ghost types with a second typing
    5. A Ghost/Normal type (like my Ryuyuki! <3 (it's my avatar))
    6. A Fighting/Flying type (*cough* Farfetch'd evo, it's stick is used as a staff, c'mon people. XD)
    7. Catching better pokes early on.
    8. More Stones! O.O
    9. More support characters and perhaps the option to actually speak, yourself. (the hero never talks in the games)
    10. More humor...
    That's it. o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back