• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They sure seem quick to have announced B&W so soon after HG&SS, they must be financially strong.

Also absoluely hilarious if anyone actually thinks there's any racial connotation behind it. I have a feeling what will start as shopped pictures on the 'Net will end up being taken seriously by some retard(s) somewhere on American television.

Years
    When I first saw the titles of the new games I laughed so hard. XD XD
    Seriously, I was expecting some kind of metal or gem or something, and Nintendo just goes back to colors? LOL, how original of you Nintendo.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    OH MY GOSH!!! Those... are... EPIC. Especially Farfetch'd's evolution. It's a samurai!! It's a freaking samurai! I just hope they don't overdoes evolutions like last time...

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Are you black or white?

I'm choosing White Version. It's just that impulsive choice that I always make with Pokemon Versions. :B

But, If
    You're Thinkin'
    About My Baby
    It Don't Matter If You're
    Black Or White

~ LOL @ Pokemon Azn

This game racist or what? ._.

Years
    But, If
    You're Thinkin'
    About My Baby
    It Don't Matter If You're
    Black Or White

~ LOL @ Pokemon Azn

This game racist or what? ._.

Heh heh, yeah. Watch the Black sales tank.

Both may be Pokemon but Black shoulda been bigger...

I'm going Black (Version) until Nintendo picks a darker color.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    OH MY GOSH!!! Those... are... EPIC. Especially Farfetch'd's evolution. It's a samurai!! It's a freaking samurai! I just hope they don't overdoes evolutions like last time...

You realize they're fake right? Check the copyright at the bottom of the "scan".

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Aww, man. That's not cool. I'm so red right now. BUt you probably wouldn't b to tell cause I'm, you know, BLACK. >:(

Last edited:

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I love the simplicity of the title. But I wish the world wasn't so screwed up. Why do people HAVE to consider racism as a factor just by titles. I'm getting White btw, and my friend is getting Black. He is Black, I am Native American. Did I get offended by Pokemon Red? No. I am getting White, not only to be opposite him, but because it is one of my favorite colors. (My favorite is green) It reminds me of snow, one of my favorite things. I can't wait. I get a futuristic vibe from these games, yet the titles are a throwback to earlier days. Very smart choice imo. HG, SS, D, P, PT were off the wall to me. Good to get back to simple roots again.

I agree with you. I don't see why everyone keeps saying these game titles are racist. They're just colors! There isn't any reason for people to keep going on about it. I'll be getting White version, too. Yeah, I am white, but that's not why I want it. I always said if there was a Black and White version, I'd get white. I bet there will be people that will call me racist against Black for getting it, but, whatever. Anyways, I am also glad we are getting back to colors! Can't wait for more info on these games and the new Pokemon! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You're so read...? o_O;

Anyways, no one made a fuss about the game "Black & White" by EA (or it's sequel)...

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Anyone who takes offense to the names of these games is overly dramatic and obviously never learned that Black and White were colors before they were blown out of context by popular culture.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Is it the Color Generation again? I would wish that the names would be a bit more creative >_>

Then again, it could be just the 60's again in Japan where Black is always beating up White and White is being racist to Black.... >_<

What frustrates me more is that it's on for DS. Not the 3DS. I won't know if that was a dodge for the better or total impatience.

Yet, at the same time I'm happy because I'm gonna fill my brain with about 100 more useless I will forget later in my life. I feel 3 IQ Points smart.

Years
    I love how 'another forum' is discussing how Pokemon B/W relates to Power Rangers!!! LOL

" The new legends will be Mastadon and Tiger!"
    "A pink pterodactyl for the third, Pokemon Pink!"
    "Pokemon Red is coming BAAAAAACK! T-rex for legendary!"
    "Team Putty totally owns Team Rocket, dude. Always."

Perhaps the 3ds dual compatability of Ds cards will offer something new. I fail to see what, other than yet more 'peripherals' like the Pokewalker coming out. So long as I do not have to visit a toy store to buy an electronic toy from the Pokemon section that ages as well as SIMON (DEMON) just to get/do special things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back