• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    To show how un-racist I am, I'm getting Black version, and I'm White. >:D

I'm getting Black version because I like the color black more than white. Also, I wish those "scans" were real, because I would totally get Farfetch'd's evolution. Samurai, ftw.

Still looking forward for more updates about this.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    @pokejungle
    wow! those fakemon are awesome!! how'd u do them? and send them into game freak!
    Also, what's up with so much hype? Everyone's like "OMG I'm sooooo buying Black/White version cuz it's awsum!"
    GUYS...
    YOU
    DON'T
    EVEN
    SAW
    A
    SCREENSHOT.

Sorry, but I had to say that.
    sorry, i laughed so hard when i read this.

awwww... i cant wait until 2morrow!
    new logos look maad.
    i rly hope they delay it so it comes on 3ds....
    but knowing Nintendo, it aint gonna happen. atleast I'll hav money then.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm going to buy White most likely, just on the virtue that I prefer that color over black.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Really, I'll pick the one with the legendary I like better. It's how I picked Pearl, after all. If I like Black's title legendary more, I'll get Black, if I like White's title legendary more, I'll get White. I'm a simple person to please in that regard.

Years
    ~Only the third gen 'guy' has had 'white' hair. Professors other than Elm have had white hair. Elm has brown.

~All other 'hero/heroines' have been blonde, brunette or whatever blu-black would be.

I hope for pink/red haired heroine.
    I hope for a starter that can use FLY.
    I hope the Grass starter is not dual with Poison.
    I hope the Fire starter finishes with 'defensive' stats and movepool.

Why should Digimon have the Bug starter fun? Totally not fair...

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Brendon (the protagonist of R/S/E) had black hair, actually. The white "hair" is actually a hat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    And yeah I was faking you guys out with that scan :D
    Almost a shame too, though I'd rather they don't get any, those evolutions actually look good. Also a shame that we know the Pokemon Company could never design their monsters that well anymore. ¦D

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    ~Only the third gen 'guy' has had 'white' hair. Professors other than Elm have had white hair. Elm has brown.
    I rly like that hat.... old professors r cool! though a young energetic one would be nice.
    ~All other 'hero/heroines' have been blonde, brunette or whatever blu-black would be.
    thats good. the things thats meant to stand out are their hats. the next ones should be like goggles!
    I hope for pink/red haired heroine.
    hahaha. like Whitey? that would b cool.
    I hope for a starter that can use FLY.
    Charizard could fly. though another wouldnt do any harm. mayb not the fire type this time. a flying grass type with leaf wings would b cool.
    I hope the Grass starter is not dual with Poison.
    grass flying?
    I hope the Fire starter finishes with 'defensive' stats and movepool.
    this actually wat i dont hope for. They need a proper fast fir type. like crobat fast. and one that doesnt fail as much as infernape.
    Why should Digimon have the Bug starter fun? Totally not fair...
    bug starter would be cool. water bug starter? thats a water pokemon that can stay out of water.
    cooli! nice job An-san Rebelleon!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I'm afraid that the names will surely be changed when these games come to US...They may change it to PKMN light and PKMN dark FTW !!..If jynx caused so much controversy then this will blow off some ppl...i'm glad this won't be the case here in India

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Uhh. No. Brendan had white hair, if you look at some of the artwork.

Nope, his hair is black, check out his sideburns on his Emerald Artwork, and the back of his head on his back sprites....black hair (he basically shares his father's[Normans] hairstyle....) anyways, enough about already existing protagonists.

I'd like Silver to appear in this, if this game may be taking a slightly more mature edge then Silver would probably fit in.
    also, better animated sprites like in Crystal...that's if they'll be using sprites, we still have no Idea what they'll be using yet

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ugh! Everyone, stop saying that the titles are going to be changed. It is not as big of a deal as a lot of you are making it seem... (Serebii is infracting everyone who talks about this aspect of the titles... wish we were too :P) Calm down, it is no secret that white and black are opposites.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's so going to be changed into Pokemon Light and Dark. ^^

No matter what, I'm getting White. =P

And on the topic of racism, is Yellow racist because of Asians and the like?

Years
    I would love if the main characters actually looked pretty for once.

Also, I think the male character should have googles and the girl should have a hat, like Lucas's or whatever. Or maybe something like the main girl in Digimon season 1?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pretty? You want to play a metro character then?

Also comparing pkmn to digimon is a bad idea. They won't do that.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A Tomboy girl Protagonist is actually a good idea... and maybe a coordinator male?

It's so going to be changed into Pokemon Light and Dark. ^^

No matter what, I'm getting White. =P

And on the topic of racism, is Yellow racist because of Asians and the like?

Pokemon Light would not even seem right without there being a Light Type imo.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back