• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zet

Years
    READ THE REST OF MY POST ____________ OR ___________ OR WHATEVER

I wish for Koi Fish Pokemon.

Speech bubble changes are nice, at least I know who's saying what now. It's a good change.

And read my brackets that says "(aimed at everyone)". That's implying that sentence is intended for everyone.

Also it's not nice to reveal someone's name on a forum~ o3o

I kinda wanna see more food based pokemon in gen 5 since exeggcute just isn't enough.

(also check out my ninja edit in my previous post o3o)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    [Speech bubble is actually part of the game... you can tell because it is of pixels like everything else in the PokeCenter but the magazine is smooth]

I think that there is going to be an evil organization... omg, Team Rocket, and maybe the return of Mewtwo and the Beserker Gene? And Mewtwo is raging all over and idk... buut I'd like to see Mewtwo make the proper return he deserves.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    is it just me or is there a parasite attached the back of that kid's head?
    i'm liking what I see so far, but I don't see any pokemon following. i was hoping that that feature was here to stay from HGSS.
    also, i'd like to think that black and white will see a return of the time capsule, seeing as it is for the DS and it will easily be compatible with both D/P/Pt, HG, and SS.

will these be the last games?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Like I said I think they are not showing a Pokemon following just yet because there are mainly new Pokemon in the beginning of the games so they would have to show a new Pokemon...

Years
    OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, Maybe Pokemon following will be AN EXTRA OR OPTIONAL FEATURE. Just saying.

Ninja edit XD. Zorry Zettu.

Also, bike likes nice. I wish for changing gears, or maybe some bike changes like in R/S/E? Mountain bike, athlete's bike or whatever?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How do you know that the scene shown is the beginning of the game though?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Oooooooh, this looks awesome haha

Didn't think they'd change things this much, but I'm sure glad they have haha. Would have prefered 3D characters if they're using a more 3D world, but sprites will do I guess.

The city looks awesome and I'm assuming that running left will "rotate" the city to the right, and vice versa, and perhaps pressing up along that road automatically takes you to the other side of the city or something.

Loving the new Pokemon Centre with Mart included, same goes for the speech bubbles.

Battle system looks crazy haha. It looks as if they're going down the RBY route and having closer Pokemon have larger pixel sprites which I'm not exactly keen on since it looks silly, but that may be because of the scan's image and not actually like that on the DS. Loving the shadows though, even if it's not actually positioned correctly lol. I'm thinking the camera actually changes position in battle; essentially the camera moves behind the Pokemon that's currently attacking, almost as if the battle field was rotating, if you get me. But they might not (probably won't).

Zet

Years
    Or maybe they just haven't coded it in yet or has made following pokemon optional.

I wish I could have typed faster and posted faster from not being distracted, then I could have been the first to say it could be optional ;o;

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The town they are in reminds me of Jubilife, and it is quite boring, and it has a beginning of the game vibe to it.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    is it just me or is there a parasite attached the back of that kid's head?
    i'm liking what I see so far, but I don't see any pokemon following. i was hoping that that feature was here to stay from HGSS.
    also, i'd like to think that black and white will see a return of the time capsule, seeing as it is for the DS and it will easily be compatible with both D/P/Pt, HG, and SS.

will these be the last games?

I so severly doubt that, I think most people on here doubt that

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When i first hear the titles I kinda go this "omg final Pokemon game arc" vibe from them but only because a long time ago when I stated that Black & White should be the last games. These don't look like las game material and the time is not right (unless the world ends in 2012 which would explain the Arceus film and the elusions to a New World Order in todays episode :P)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I wonder what the Protagonists little gadget will be this time.
    We've had the Pokegear, the Pokenav, the P*DA and the Poketch, so, what next?

Years
    Oh sorry, I have eye problems without my glasses.

She has a pink hat....I thought so.

They look the same, which is unusual for GF to do that. I mean, only their hair, clothes and hats set them apart.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I'm pretty happy with the games so far..especially the new back sprites..they're just plain awesome!!..
    and i also feel we'll see our pokemon in motion when using moves like tackle and takedown (well atlst for some extend)..
    This is going grt...lets just hope for the best ..

Years
    I think we're just seeing only a small part of this unknown region, I wish to see more.

I think they're planning series six as we speak, once game titles and screens come out they're usually done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back