• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Just finished ful english breakfast, at 12pm lol. Thanks for not moving so fast. Also, thank's for the translations 雷影 イチロ, I'm not the one who asked for them but they were really helpful :)

And Fame Monster, stop raining on people's parade lol. And nice siggy, thanks for the lyrics confirmation ;)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Generation 5 is probably the most anticipated generation since Johto some years ago for me. I've really started to enjoy the games once again and the nostalgia aI experienced from Heart Gold and Soul Silver hightened my anticipation for further releases.
    Although I thought Sinnoh would be the final region and Arceus -being the God pokemon and all- I'm happy that there will be some new additions to the 493 we have at the moment. I think that we will not have a great deal more in the way of new pokemon considering it's a bit much to be desired for to hit up near 600 species of pokemon. I'm really looking forward to this new region and the names of the new games makes me think that pokemon are finally going down the dark path with the RPG like they've done with Gale of Darkness and some other spin off games.
    Looking at the scans and translations it seems that Black & White will be a little more industrious, less open plains and decorative routes and more cities, buildings and lights.
    Even when you look at the two new pokemon we've already seen you cant help but feel that maybe pokemon are going down the more mature path and creating more darkly picked characters and scenes. I really hope so as for me, I've been waiting for a darker game, a more in depth storyline and not one that just follows the exact same one as Red & Blue with a little revamp.
    I really hope my hunch is right however and I'll be watching the scans carefully. However I know we probably wot have an English release until middway through 2011, this will probably be a long wait for us in the western hemisphere.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    the next pokemon sunday which will probably release some video of gameplay or just the official logos which we have already is in a few hours.
    I really cant imagine them showing us anything else than what we've already seen, as the show is primarily
    aimed at kids like 5-10 or something who dont search the internet for the newest corocoro leaks!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I really cant imagine them showing us anything else than what we've already seen, as the show is primarily
    aimed at kids like 5-10 or something who dont search the internet for the newest corocoro leaks!

Well you see I don't think of it in that way as the majority of sales for pokemon these days go to a much older audience than before due to the fact that the Pokmoen Company have held on to a large amount of their fanbase which originated 15 years ago which would mean that there's a lot of older fans out there right?
    Even look at PC, there is a big amount of members falling into the 12-18 age bracket compared to the 5-10 year old age bracket.
    Considering we've already seen gameplay scans I don't think it will be long before we see gameplay footage.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    adventure boards (something) notice/attention a new region!
    The buildings line the streets and are 3D.
    - nothing else i can translate at the moment something about excitement of the adventure. it all pretty much covers what the pictures say and what other parts say.

no problem, i wanted to know as much as anyone else what it said, these translations are for all at PC.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    Wow... just wow :D I LOVE THE 3D LOOK!!! I just absolutally love how big everything looks :D I cant wait for pokemon sundays gameplay!! I just hope its not slow... like at the top of the bell tower in HG/SS!
    The girl and boy OW's look great aswell :)

Sadly... looks like the pokemon following you feature was gone :(

Q. Do ya think a mod or whatever should make a board for B/W now?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    @mew~: This is the generation five spreads, were everythingabout generation 5 is discused, so i dont think that will happen!

@abnegation: Well we'll just bhave to wait and see what happens :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Q. Do ya think a mod or whatever should make a board for B/W now?

There's not gonna be a B/W forum anytime soon... unless a lot more info is released.

Also mods can't make forums. Admins can.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I like how the Pokemon have whole backsprites now, I still hope that they have more animation frames.

I wonder who the evil team will be

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I like how the Pokemon have whole backsprites now, I still hope that they have more animation frames.

I wonder who the evil team will be
    I was thinking the same thing about the backsprites! Oh and for the evil team, i would imagine they went back to the two teams in one game thing like in ruby/sapphire!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

There's not gonna be a B/W forum anytime soon... unless a lot more info is released.

Also mods can't make forums. Admins can.

Upon the Japanese release in Fall most llikely seeing as in then there will be much more to talk about.
    I believe that there will be few new pokemon seeing as in the game is being released so quickly, designing new pokemon takes a lot of time and it hasn't been too long since Platinum & HGSS's releases.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I am really curious to see how Larger Pokemon will look from behind... or even double battles.

Upon the Japanese release in Fall most llikely seeing as in then there will be much more to talk about.
    I believe that there will be few new pokemon seeing as in the game is being released so quickly, designing new pokemon takes a lot of time and it hasn't been too long since Platinum & HGSS's releases.

They probably started designing these games after Diamond and Pearl were released and they are constantly designing new Pokemon.

Last edited:

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
    Don't forget that these pictures are from a beta version and some things can be changeed until the fial release.

But it already looks great

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I am really curious to see how Larger Pokemon will look from behind... or even double battles.

They probably started designing these games after Diamond and Pearl were released and they are constantly designing new Pokemon.

I'm just shining my opinion given past release dates and such, though I do hope that there will be quite a few new pokemon to use.
    With all the recent game releases though I can't imagine how they find the time. Though I do think we'll find out more with the new movie release which will include the Zoro's.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Alright, now that I'm all in the speculation again I'm starting to get really excited again (but I really miss PokePartners :( ) MAYBE they have not shown a Pokemon following you because to do so they would have to reveal a new Pokemon... I'm sure that they only show screenies in the early towns and it would only be with early caught Pokemon or starter.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I'm just shining my opinion given past release dates and such, though I do hope that there will be quite a few new pokemon to use.
    With all the recent game releases though I can't imagine how they find the time. Though I do think we'll find out more with the new movie release which will include the Zoro's.
    How they find time? Well i just read recently that 20 people worked on making hg/ss! But ofcourse the company has more than 20 workers, so they just split up in groups! Oh and i also read that it took 3.5 years to make hg/ss!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back