• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When we get the Sugimori art for the heros everyone is going to love them. I can already tell the hair looks great. I think this girl is going do be the best so far, but they guys have always been boring, but Brandon was good.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    When we get the Sugimori art for the heros everyone is going to love them. I can already tell the hair looks great. I think this girl is going do be the best so far, but they guys have always been boring, but Brandon was good.

You mean Brendan, Brandon is a Frontier Brain.

anyways, I've liked all the Protagonist designs so far, I see nothing wrong with any of em, and I probs won't see a thing wrong with these new ones..I just like variety

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I can imagine Black and White making good manga character names, and Gray aswell but Gray doesnt seem like a good game name, but neither did Platinum, or a month ago Black & White...

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Brendan's design was my least favorite. I don't like these new trainers either. They aren't original at all. If you want to know how they look up close, here:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

The girl on the right is our heroine. Tell me I'm frickin wrong.

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
    Years
    I'd like to see customisation of player sprites, I'm sick of the ugly, ugly outfits and colours.

Plus, I hope they streamline HMs, I'm tired of having to click on rocky patches and be asked if I want to use Rock Climb, then a lame animation saying "Garchomp used Rock Climb!". All HMs should act like Strength this time around - Use once per area, and then it automatically does it.

Years
    I found out naming kids in Japanese is incredibly easy. For girls, add "Ko" to end of the name, and for boys "Ro" at the end. Damn, I wish I was Japanese...

Can't wait for the Sugimori art on them, and their official Japanese names.

I agree with the HM thing.

You're wrong, she has a butterfly ponytail by the looks of it. How do I know? Go to a high school or a big city and you'll see a lot of strange hairstyles.

Years
    Okay, maybe it does look a little like a ponytail, but hey, she looks pretty good. The male hero as well, although I wish they would lose the red hat and give him a blue one or something.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    actually it looks pretty accurate to me, only her ponytail was made brown, and he has more defined hair and a jacket. The hat is the same.

Years
    I'm not so sure GF would copy old characters from other games into new ones, they like being original. Haven't you noticed they barely keep the same sprites in 2 games?

Also, how would tall grass look in this game, like HG/SS? I think so...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They don't have a reason to show us Pokemon just yet, and it would be weird to have a screenshot behind the ? mark so maybe it IS the heroes... I think they would show gameplay before they would show a screenshot.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I'm not so sure GF would copy old characters from other games into new ones, they like being original. Haven't you noticed they barely keep the same sprites in 2 games?

Also, how would tall grass look in this game, like HG/SS? I think so...

i think since it's at more of an angle and more 3d it will look more like actual tall grass instead of little green flowers

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Sounds great. The person will actually be walking in grass! :D

But judging from what we've speculated so far, grass may become less and less important. Especially if the game is focused around cities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back