• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    ^Does are great animals! Don't know of any animals based of those :) They'll be cool though.

I also liked all the suggestions so far, even duplicates are fine.

Pikachu and Cyndaquil are bouth mouse pokemon and have nothing in common.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    So anybody want to tell me what ant, thylacine, and orca based pokemon we have already?

And that every single mythological creature has already been used?

Oh that's right Nintengod is just making an ass out of himself again.

Anyway, it's interesting that you bring up the camera issue. I'd say it would stay the same but who knows maybe it's part of this whole new beginning idea

Ant = Trapnich (Ant Pit Pokémon, moron)
    Thylacine = well there's like 20 dog pokémon or pokémon with dog features(eevees, etc), do we REALLY need more?
    Orca = Kyogre (kinda freaking obvious)

My pokedex(complete) shows there's 18 dog-like pokmon(9 cats/7 foxes (including gen5)).

Mythical creatures? Gen 4 alone gave us 25+. Jesus Christ!

I also liked all the suggestions so far, even duplicates are fine.

Pikachu and Cyndaquil are bouth mouse pokemon and have nothing in common.

They're both vermin, pika is an electric field mouse and cynda is an echidna like Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Give me a Honey Badger Pokemon and I'll be happy, heck give me any Pokemon and I'll be happy, I'll just be happiest with a Honey Badger (for a normal Pokemon anyways, or at least an uncommon strong Pokemon).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What's the starter bird going to be based on?

*loves to start speculation topics*
    [FONT=&quot]Peacock:), one with beautiful flowers and is part psychic in it's final form.[/FONT]

Fire dog, or a bull would be good for me.
    [FONT=&quot]Yay a fire dog fan, but i pesonally pefer a horse over a bull.[/FONT]

So anybody want to tell me what ant, thylacine, and orca based pokemon we have already?

And that every single mythological creature has already been used?

Oh that's right Nintengod is just making an ass out of himself again.

Anyway, it's interesting that you bring up the camera issue. I'd say it would stay the same but who knows maybe it's part of this whole new beginning idea
    well Kyorge is based [FONT=&quot]On an orca, the others haven't been done, oh and I like your ideas.[/FONT]

Thylacine = well there's like 20 dog pokémon or pokémon with dog features(eevees, etc), do we REALLY need more?

My pokedex(complete) shows there's 18 dog-like pokmon(9 cats/7 foxes (including gen5)).

They're both vermin, pika is an electric field mouse and cynda is an echidna like Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog.
    hey he meant a ant poke as a legend and no need to be mean

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012

No I'm also talking about mainstream pokemon not just legendaries

Trapinch is based on an Antlion which is the larvae of a species of Moth, that feeds on ants. The pokemon is named for the type of burrow it builds which is a type of depression in the ground.

A thylacine is related to the Tiger family, and since we do not have a large predatory cat like creature such as a leopard, sabertooth tiger, or a thylacine I though it would be a good suggestion. It is not related to dogs, just resembles them.

If you passed elementary school biology you would know this from the evolutionary timeline.

Yet Pikachu and Cyndaquil are both called mouse pokemon, not echidna and field mouse pokemon.

I'll give you Kyogre, however I also suggested a dolphin type pokemon which we don't have yet.

I'm talking about Greek/Western , Chinese, Japanese ,and Central American mythical pokemon. There are still plenty of viable choices left. Read Homer or Lao-Tzu

Every post you make reveals to me how uneducated you really are. I would stop flaming and or putting other people down in this thread, and I would expect a twenty year old to behave more mature.

I have yet to see you make one constructive, creative post that adds to discussion.

But that is just one man's suggestion

Last edited:

Years
    Trapinch is based on an Antlion which is the larvae of a species of Moth, that feeds on ants. The pokemon is named for the type of burrow it builds which is a type of depression in the ground.

A thylacine is related to the Tiger family, and since we do not have a predatory cat like creature such as a leopard, sabertooth tiger, or a thylacine I though it would be a good suggestion. It is not related to dogs, just resembles them.

If you passed elementary school biology you would know this from the evolutionary timeline.

Yet Pikachu and Cyndaquil are both called mouse pokemon, not echidna and field mouse pokemon.

I'll give you Kyogre, however I also suggested a dolphin type pokemon which we don't have yet.

I'm talking about Greek/Western , Chinese, Japanese ,and Central American mythical pokemon. There are still plenty of viable choices left. Read Aristotle or Lao-Tzu

Every post you make reveals to me how uneducated you really are. I would stop flaming and or putting other people down in this thread.

But that is just one man's suggestion
    Aren't the beast's based on cat's that look like dogs (just asking). And I also think Nintengod should stop flaming and act angry all the time, can't you put people down nicely at least not the way you do, " we can't have that because we already have it" well sometimes we just get diffrent pokemon of the same species but that's cool, I actually like to see more horse, rhyno,and elephant based pokemon in this generation.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Aren't the beast's based on cat's that look like dogs (just asking). And I also think Nintengod should stop flaming and act angry all the time, can't you put people down nicely at least not the way you do, " we can't have that because we already have it" well sometimes we just get diffrent pokemon of the same species but that's cool, I actually like to see more horse, rhyno,and elephant based pokemon in this generation.

It is speculated that the thylacine may have been the evolutionary bridge between the canine and feline families, while it does have qualities of both, it is generally placed in the Feline family, but it is in its own Genus.

The last known thylacine died in 1936 in Tasmania.

All good suggestions.

For insects there is a host we don't have. Aphids, Whitefly, centipede, termites, Mosquitos, mayflies etc.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I would enjoy some combinations we wouldn't see coming in corrilation to the base animal/thing.

And some different combinations.
    Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a Ground/Electric type exists?

ah! An unrelated Ground/Electric Poke'mon! Yes. :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    About the walking Pokemon:
    They probably don't show it in these pictures because they don't want to reveal new Pokemon by accident.

Years
    I would enjoy some combination's we wouldn't see coming in corrilation to the base animal/thing.

And some different combinations.
    Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a Ground/Electric type exists?

ah! An unrelated Ground/Electric Pokemon! Yes. :D
    No, Your right, we have no ground/electic actually I suggested a legendary Ground/Electric Pokemon :classic:, I think that we should see combos of animal and type we would not expect. I would like to see a Ghost/dark Pokemon that's based on a hand with an eye in the palm and that would have a pokedex entry like this " It grabs unwary people and Pokemon and drags them into the underworld, Each of it's finger's is said to represent a sin (it's a hand with 7 fingers)"

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Legendaries I'd like to see:

-Grass/Dragon: Quetzacotol:
    -Dark/Fire: Cereberus:
    -Psychic/Grass: Unicorn:
    -Water/Psychic: Mermaid/Dolphin:
    -Electric/Rock: Golem:
    -Bug/Rock: Giant Centipede:
    -Electric/Dark: Ghoul:
    -Ghost/Dark: Reaper:
    -Ghost/Rock: Zombie:

Years
    Legendaries I'd like to see:

-Grass/Dragon: Quetzacotol:
    -Dark/Fire: Cereberus:
    -Psychic/Grass: Unicorn:
    -Water/Psychic: Mermaid/Dolphin:
    -Electric/Rock: Golem:
    -Bug/Rock: Giant Centipede:
    -Electric/Dark: Ghoul:
    -Ghost/Dark: Reaper:
    -Ghost/Rock: Zombie:

Giratina is a giant centipede and i think Regigigas is a golem.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Stop beating me to my opinions. :P I don't think he should stop being mean though...I liked it better when he was banned. =/

I think the electric type in general could be mixed into different type combinations, it's so ressourceful and you can pretty much justify it with any type. Electric/Ground and Electric/Fighting. Also how about a Flying/Fighting Crane?

Years
    Stop beating me to my opinions. :P I don't think he should stop being mean though...I liked it better when he was banned. =/

I think the electric type in general could be mixed into different type combinations, it's so ressourceful and you can pretty much justify it with any type. Electric/Ground and Electric/Fighting. Also how about a Flying/Fighting Crane?

A fighting/flying crane that involves into a fighting/flying flamingo. And yes we need more rhyno and elephant pokemon. And some Norwhals.

Esmas

General
    Years
    I'd like to see a Pokémon based on the tasmanian devil or thylacine, though there are quite a few already that resemble those animals. Some other animals are alpacas, dumbo octopuses, frill-necked lizards, narwhals, platypus, leafy seadragon, etc. Look some of those up, they're pretty cool.

Years
    I'd like to see a Pokémon based on the tasmanian devil or thylacine, though there are quite a few already that resemble those animals. Some other animals are alpacas, dumbo octopuses, frill-necked lizards, narwhals, platypus, leafy seadragon, etc. Look some of those up, they're pretty cool.

Leafy seadragon? I always thought Kingdra was one of those.
    By the way sorry for beating ya to the narwhals :P

Years

I think the electric type in general could be mixed into different type combinations, it's so ressourceful and you can pretty much justify it with any type. Electric/Ground and [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Electric/Fighting. Also how about a Flying/Fighting Crane?
    Sorry about the be [FONT=&quot]ating you to your opinions:P, Oh and I would like to see an angelic looking pokemon that is also part fighting/flying, I mean who says angels can't fight. oh and person ^ kingdra is based on a leafy seadragon:) (don't know if you were being sarcastic or not).
    [/FONT]

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    A fighting/flying crane that involves into a fighting/flying flamingo. And yes we need more rhyno and elephant pokemon. And some Norwhals.

I think a Fighting/Flying Crane and Flamingo would work better as rivals, kind of like Seviper and Zangoose.

The mix of Leafy Dragon and Kingdra makes me think of Seaweed. :P Who doesn't love a squishy, cuddly, Pointy Norhwal of doom?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Yes! Narwals =D And yeah, Giratina's a giant centipedial-dragon, but I'd like to see an actually BUG-Type legendary, and a centipede appeals to me XD If not, a butterfly, bee, or beetle legendary.

What about a friggin' Jesus lizard? Water/Dragon or Grass/Dragon or Water/Fighting anyone??

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012

Wow a leafy sea dragon would be need. Or a pipefish.

Okapi, bongo and Zebras would be neat choices too. Lemur? African sugar-glider?

Ox, moose, Buffalo, I think those were suggested already

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back