• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Sorry about the be [FONT=&quot]ating you to your opinions:P, Oh and I would like to see an angelic looking pokemon that is also part fighting/flying, I mean who says angels can't fight. oh and person ^ kingdra is based on a leafy seadragon:) (don't know if you were being sarcastic or not).
    [/FONT]

Seriously, the amount of times that I'm reading posts, about to reply only to find you've said exactly what I'm going to say is rediculous!!
    Haha like Angelmon or whatever his name was from Digimon? :P Though always a Pokemon kid, that episode was an epic moment of my childhood. I support this idea. :P

It's based off of a Leafy Seadragon really? I don't see it...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    new idea! A bug/Ground that is Bug/Ground until it's final form, unlike Nincada or maybe a Alternate evo for Nincada. Oh Kingdra is based on a weedy seadragon not a leafy seadragon, sorry my bad, I get them confused, I just went to bulbapedia to confirm my answer and found I was wrong.:P

Years
    Seriously, the amount of times that I'm reading posts, about to reply only to find you've said exactly what I'm going to say is rediculous!!
    Haha like Angelmon or whatever his name was from Digimon? :P Though always a Pokemon kid, that episode was an epic moment of my childhood. I support this idea. :P

It's based off of a Leafy Seadragon really? I don't see it...
    Lol:P now your reading my mind yeah like angelmon but cooler.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Legendaries I'd like to see:

-Grass/Dragon: Quetzacotol:
    -Dark/Fire: Cereberus:
    -Psychic/Grass: Unicorn:
    -Water/Psychic: Mermaid/Dolphin:
    -Electric/Rock: Golem:
    -Bug/Rock: Giant Centipede:
    -Electric/Dark: Ghoul:
    -Ghost/Dark: Reaper:
    -Ghost/Rock: Zombie:

is quetzacoatl a sun god, he's definitely not a dragon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Sadly, I think Xatu will be the only nod we get to any central American culture. What what a shame too. I would love to see a pokemon based on Tepeyollotl or Itztlacoliuhqui-Ixquimilli

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I would like to see an Electric/Bug (or Bug/Electric) typed Lightning Bug, and a Fire/Bug (or Bug/Fire) Fire Fly. I know they are the same thing, but they could be desinged differently. Maybe there could be a Larvae, and females could evolve into the Electric/Bug and males into Fire/Bug, or use a Fire Stone to get the Fire/Bug and a Thunderstone to get the Electric/Bug. Also, both are never-before used type combonations.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    The funny thing about that fan scan, Kohei, is that it looks believable.

I'm curious if they've going to give Jynx and Mr. Mime their respective secondary forms yet. Tall evil clown, anyone?

Years
    The funny thing about that fan scan, Kohei, is that it looks believable.

I'm curious if they've going to give Jynx and Mr. Mime their respective secondary forms yet. Tall evil clown, anyone?
    this is all I could find that looked like an evil mime evo.
    Spoiler:

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Colossal Squid?

Fire/Water

An Octillery evo, perhaps? But if that were the case, I'd argue that Water/Dark or Water/Dragon would make more sense.

Incidentally, however- back 'round 2007 I came with a Fire/Water type Pokémon based off a geyser. I'll post it whence I reboot myself a new art thread.

Also, a cool game mechanic would be that- once you become Champion- you could choose to replace the current Champion. It wouldn't tie you down to the respective Plateau/Arena/Whatever- but every now and then, up-and-coming new challengers could call you and arrange a battle for the title.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Pureness is awesomeness in my book. XD; but we're different people.

A fire snake? Doesn't sound right to me. But, meh, Pokemon designers always have a knack of making things that aren't right, in theory anyway, look.. well, right.

I agree 100% with this. A snake Pokemon in general as a starter doesn't sound to right to me, probably because it doesn't have any limbs at all. If anyone's noticed, all starter Pokemon have had some limbs, and because of that I highly doubt we'll see a snake Pokemon as a starter. Lizard-like would be more likely if we're going to be going down that road.

Of course, like Serene Grace said... the Pokemon designers always have a way of making things look "good" and right when the idea itself doesn't sound appealing. I'm seeing a lot of Animal-gone-Pokemon wants and requests in this thread, and a majority of them sound rather unappealing (to me), but I'm sure the designers would do a fantastic job of making them look appealing in my eyes. I guess that's why they work for Nintendo after all. :P

Years
    I agree 100% with this. A snake Pokemon in general as a starter doesn't sound to right to me, probably because it doesn't have any limbs at all. If anyone's noticed, all starter Pokemon have had some limbs, and because of that I highly doubt we'll see a snake Pokemon as a starter. Lizard-like would be more likely if we're going to be going down that road.

Of course, like Serene Grace said... the Pokemon designers always have a way of making things look "good" and right when the idea itself doesn't sound appealing. I'm seeing a lot of Animal-gone-Pokemon wants and requests in this thread, and a majority of them sound rather unappealing (to me), but I'm sure the designers would do a fantastic job of making them look appealing in my eyes. I guess that's why they work for Nintendo after all. :P

A snake has a head, that's a limb:P. But yeah I agree with you on that some idea's sound unappealing to some but later they become appealing after they are made.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    charmander was a lizard of some kind. totodile was an aligator/crocodile. so why not have a snake as a starter

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    charmander was a lizard of some kind. totodile was an aligator/crocodile. so why not have a snake as a starter

Because it has no arms or legs (which is what I meant by limbs.)
    Speculation is of course just that, speculation; and this is all my opinion. I just don't think a snake fits as a starter, especially in comparison to the rest of the starters.

Years
    Because it has no arms or legs (which is what I meant by limbs.)
    Speculation is of course just that, speculation; and this is all my opinion. I just don't think a snake fits as a starter, especially in comparison to the rest of the starters.
    [FONT=&quot]Oh, I was joking around with the head, I knew what you meant, lol. I found some good possible fire starter drawings.[/FONT]
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back