• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'd love a Bug legendary. Perhaps it could be a scarab.
    Aah yes, the Scarab Beetle. That's a great idea for a Bug-type legendary. I certainly have no objections and I'm sure some people will agree with me when I say it's time for a new approach to the way the legendaries are laid out in the Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    When do yall think the next few "new" pokemon will be revealed? its been forever since zoroark and zorua have been revealed. In my opinion, they should reveal some more soon.

The 15th of next month. They seem to be keeping a tight lid on any new information whatsoever.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I have 2 new idea's.
    1: Ya know when you defeat Cyrus atop Mt Coronet and when you talk to Saturn back at Galactic HQ and he tells you about how he's remaking Team Galactic and setting things straight? What if Team Galactic turns out to be this game's version of Silph co/Devon corp?
    2: I found this on Bulbapedia:
    When Cynthia visits the player at their Villa, she notes how relaxing it is there and that that she doesn't want to go home because her house is a complete mess. She goes on to say, "My house? Even the region is a secret!" This hints that she may live in a region other than Sinnoh."
    could the one in Black.White be her home region?

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    I have 2 new idea's.
    1: Ya know when you defeat Cyrus atop Mt Coronet and when you talk to Saturn back at Galactic HQ and he tells you about how he's remaking Team Galactic and setting things straight? What if Team Galactic turns out to be this game's version of Silph co/Devon corp?
    2: I found this on Bulbapedia:
    could the one in Black.White be her home region?

No, she lives in Johto. The HG/SS Arceus event revealed that.

Decent guess though I guess.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
    No, she lives in Johto. The HG/SS Arceus event revealed that.

Decent guess though I guess.
    Actually since she is a free spirit, she actually lives everywhere. Your house is not necessarily where you live if you are a traveler. She is the current Champion of Sinnoh unless canon she is defeated, and her house suspected to be in Johto, but there is more evidence if you put it all together that she goes everywhere between the four regions.(maybe the fifth one to.)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Bah, if Cynthia shows up in Gen 5 then I expect to see Jasmine as well! (Don't ask...)

Anyways, I've thought about the possibility of a Scarab Legendary Pokemon and came up with three possibilities:

-A Bug/Fighting-Type. It would like humanoid in shape and basically be a mummy wearing scarab armor. Extra limbs on the ribcage (arms) look like scimartars.

-A Bug/Dark, Bug/Ghost, or Bug/Electric-Type. Basicallt this generation's "Baby" legendary, like Celebi, Mew, and Jirachi. Typing is logical in the following: Bug/Dark or Bug/Ghost makes sense because scarabs are thought to be cursed so as not to disturb their resting in the tombs of pharohs. Dark and Ghost-types are likely to induce curses are use dark arts. Bug/Electric is simply because the typing hasn't been used before, and anything's possible.

-A Bug/Ground, Bug/Dark, Bug/Ghost, or Bug/Electric-Type. This would be a mammoth-sized Scarab with strange markings, possibly ruby-red markings and golden wings with a black underbelly. Bug/Ground is a good choice since scarabs burrow and a Scarab this size would cause severe earth-shaking damage. Bug/Dark and Bug/Ghost are for the same reason as above, as too, is Bug/Electric.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Black and White are gonna be SICK I just know it!

I hope this happens:
    2010/2011 - BW
    2011/2012(THE END OF US ALL!!JK) RS remakes
    2012/2013 Pokemon (ASIAN!YAY!JK it will never happen) Grey or rainbow

I don't wanna wait so long for remakes!!!
    I hated it with HGSS!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Actually since she is a free spirit, she actually lives everywhere. Your house is not necessarily where you live if you are a traveler. She is the current Champion of Sinnoh unless canon she is defeated, and her house suspected to be in Johto, but there is more evidence if you put it all together that she goes everywhere between the four regions.(maybe the fifth one to.)
    Some think her home is actually in Hoenn, but what type of location would that be, metor falls, maybe it's around mt. pyre or sotopolis,ect.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    The 15th of next month. They seem to be keeping a tight lid on any new information whatsoever.
    i hope they show a few new pokemon in the next issue of corocoro. if the game is going to be released in september like all the others, there are 4/5 volumes of corocoro that would be released in that time. they need to start releasing info out fast!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    i hope they show a few new pokemon in the next issue of corocoro. if the game is going to be released in september like all the others, there are 4/5 volumes of corocoro that would be released in that time. they need to start releasing info out fast!

There's no rush for info. :P I'd rather be kept in the dark than know about a whole bunch of stuff beforehand, when it comes to Pokemon games that is.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know... I completely ruined every Gen 4 game for myself... RSE was the biggest surprise for me and I really miss that lost feeling.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Aah yes, the Scarab Beetle. That's a great idea for a Bug-type legendary. I certainly have no objections and I'm sure some people will agree with me when I say it's time for a new approach to the way the legendaries are laid out in the Pokemon games.

I don't think there's anything wrong with legendaries so far but I have to agree. They and their role have so much untapped potential, it's time to expand!!

There's no rush for info. :P I'd rather be kept in the dark than know about a whole bunch of stuff beforehand, when it comes to Pokemon games that is.

I don't mind being kept in the dark but I need something to hod me over!! Unless they reveal the games like a month before their release date. =D

Years
    The notch ear pichu had interaction with celeby and that caused it's notch, so what if other pokemon interact with legendaries (mascot one or special power ones, not heatran,ect) or their respective items, like a krabby touches kyorge's orb and get's those markings ( like Spencer's in the manga did). Could we see more weird pokemon.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I doubt it! But I would love to see what Time Travel could do to other Pokemon... but I doubt we will ever see anything like that again.

Years
    Wow, speculation seems to have come to a virtual stop. I just thought that a kraby with kyorge markings would look cool.We have talked about the fire starter and the grass starter so what animal should the water starter be.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A hermit crab would make a good Water starter IMO! And they are adorable in real life so u know it would be super cute in Pokemon (and the water starter is usually meant to be cute).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I would like to see a legendary that has an evolutionary line. I know that seems like it would make it less legendary, but it could be good.

Also, why not have EV's and IV's actually show up? What's the point in making you keep track of them outside of the game?

One thing that would be interesting but I doubt they would do, is make the professor in the game a trainer too. Make it so you beat the Elite 4 and go through some other things, and then he reveals to you that he used to be the champion, but he retired because nobody could beat him. Then he battles you, and his AI is the best in the game. Get a bunch of competitive battlers to work on it so he's top notch, that way you actually have something really challenging at the end of the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back