• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Oh okay, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one. lol :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    That's true! But I only added what I remember, if you want to send it in, it'd probably be more fair if you waited for some other people to get their opinions in. And to review this thread for other ideas lost in the scrolls.
    Yeah, good idea :)

Know people think the new pokemon is a farfetched evo
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Just to add to the members who want their features being added to the new game, make sure what you want to add is important. By important I mean, pleasing aesthetics, innovative, easy to use and will receive mostly positive remarks from the audience. There no point saying that you want something like more HM's because it just doesn't really have any use as the HM's could be spread wider through the storyline which would cancel the need for more.

An example of one of these important add-ons is the Pokewalker.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    It's really up to them to decide if they want to include what we want and most of the time, we never even get through to them.

That's probably because it's all done in Japan, and they can't really get any western viewpoints without paying for a translator. Someone could do it on this end, but it's still likely to get ignored.

Regarding customizable characters: not something I'm interested in. I often like the character designs (Gen 4 did pretty bad though) and it almost gives the games a continuity. Can you imagine all the mismatched character sprites online? I wouldn't mind however being able to choose from a larger selection of presets (e.g. choose gender, then you get a choice from 2 designs for each gender). Just hope they get the designs right.
    Not saying I would care if they were customizable, but I can guarantee I would always jump for an interesting selection of body parts that were MADE for each other.

Wow, it took me a while to end up posting that.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Well now that you put it that way Sora . . . . It could be anything, even a farfetch'd evo. The truth is we have almost no idea until the 21st.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Well now that you put it that way Sora . . . . It could be anything, even a farfetch'd evo. The truth is we have almost no idea until the 21st.
    Yeah, that's the whole fun of speculating about a new Pokemon. Like I've said before though, it's highly likely that the Pokemon is an evolution or pre-evolution. I'm sure the Pokemon designers are itching to show us something brand spanking new.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Just to add to the members who want their features being added to the new game, make sure what you want to add is important. By important I mean, pleasing aesthetics, innovative, easy to use and will receive mostly positive remarks from the audience. There no point saying that you want something like more HM's because it just doesn't really have any use as the HM's could be spread wider through the storyline which would cancel the need for more.

An example of one of these important add-ons is the Pokewalker.

I guess that probably needs elaboration. I know me, as well as others, really enjoy the sub-plots, the after game stuff. The little things you never really have to do but make the game fun if you can. Another HM's could open up possibilities for more (post-game) exploration.
    You're right though, adding HM's was just an example of this, the real wish is for more subplots. :)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Has any of you guys seen my post on the previous page?

If not, I really think you should take a look at the link I posted.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

That was posted a couple days ago. It's actually fits the description of Z in the movie the best in my opinion but we wrote it off as "plausible" (Mythbusters reference!!! =D). It won' surprise me if that's it when the pokemon is revealed but it won't surprise me either if it isn't.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

i see, that looked a little dodgy like in csi when you zoom in it magicly enhances to something perfect.

EDIT: oups my bad, apparently the person used a complicated filtering script

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    That would be very interesting and definitely break the tradition. Though, I'm not too sure if I'd rather that or select from 3 different starters. What they could do is keep 3 different starters but all three have 2 formes? Though that might be TOO much lol.
    My true-blue-wish is for a new Genration with only Babies and New Evolutions (where legendaries would be all related to previous Pokémon, having a Manaphy-Phione connection). "I have a dream..."

So, the new starter could be a common baby of these three Pokémon:

Tropius has low stats, I know. But three new evolutions for these Pokémon could give them equal stats. Perhaps, Lapras can be the final stage (Lapras' base stats and Swampert's are the same) and Torkoal and Tropius would only need a new evo to make them as strong as final starters. You would still have to choose for a Grass, Fire or Water starter, they would only have the same name. They gave a common baby to Hitmons, why not try it once again?

I'm a speculation freako! You don't like it? I feel sorry for you.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Hmmmm . . . Idk it might be. It looks like it could be the real deal. If it is then either the people who decided to take the picture there are idiots or they might've meant to do that. To maybe see how close people were paying attention. :) Who knows?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I like Lapras as it is. Some pokemon just weren't meant to evolve. Though I can see Tropius and Torkoal evolutions being absolutely adorable. :) The Absol pr-evo sprites in RedBaron's sig are too cute as well. :P
    YEAY FOR OVER SPECULATION!! +D

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    @Soras's Nobody: Maybe the guy who zoomed in did. He just didn't find anything . . . .

I think it's completely possible that they took the picture there on purpose.

Off-topic: Thanks!! I sprited them myself . . . however I did not sprite the ones on the other pic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back