• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    You know what odd if Hoin is based on NYC it's that it isn't the capitol of New york at all... but it is the US economic capitol... but it still makes little sence to me that it's the capitol...

NYC was the capital for awhile, but it makes since. NYC has the largest economy, largest skyline, largest population, largest people (jk :D), in the nation. Hiun could be apart of a larger metro area. Like Tokyo really isn't a city it's composed of 23 special areas (or whatever they call it) that have cities/towns in them. Ever think that is what the bridge towering above the 'scrapers are used to connect Hiun to these other regions of a much larger metro area?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I would never insult Johto!! I mean pointless plot wise, not pointless overall!!

Well the preview for todays epsiode or whatever it is on Pokemon Sunday showed what I'm assuming is the Celebi event...is the Celebi 5th gen. related?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah the Mijumaru has Brock written all over it. I'm personally hoping for Dawn to leave (and May to come back :P) but it'll be interesting to see if the series skips a couple years in the future or if it's just announced that the characters have aged.

uhhh, if anyone should come back then it better be Misty :P. I don't see the series keeping up with the games in the way that they fast-forward a few years...imagine how weird it is...Ash being 10 for over 12 years then magically he travels to a new region and is 16 with raging hormones, zits, and naughty thoughts in his head. The anime's producers would never let that happen!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    NYC was the capital for awhile, but it makes since. NYC has the largest economy, largest skyline, largest population, largest people (jk :D), in the nation. Hiun could be apart of a larger metro area. Like Tokyo really isn't a city it's composed of 23 special areas (or whatever they call it) that have cities/towns in them. Ever think that is what the bridge towering above the 'scrapers are used to connect Hiun to these other regions of a much larger metro area?

I'm still holding my Farfetch'd belief that Hiun isn't based off NYC (though it probably is) and it's based off of San Fran or somewhere in Japan...I will find a real life counter part to Sky Arrow Bridge!!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Lol, you are just so random with that last comment. I wonder how the gym leaders will look... when do they usually show the gym leaders anyways?

im random 24/7 its worse with me in person, if i get bored i wander off randomly& get lost on purpose XD

I would never insult Johto!! I mean pointless plot wise, not pointless overall!!

Well the preview for todays epsiode or whatever it is on Pokemon Sunday showed what I'm assuming is the Celebi event...is the Celebi 5th gen. related?

it played a part in the storyline you got the safari zone :P

im hopin they reveal more about Isshu ^_^

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm still holding my Farfetch'd belief that Hiun isn't based off NYC (though it probably is) and it's based off of San Fran or somewhere in Japan...I will find a real life counter part to Sky Arrow Bridge!!

give up weve proven it already, you know its NYC, i dont get why your so against Pokemon in the USA :P

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    im random 24/7 its worse with me in person, if i get bored i wander off randomly& get lost on purpose XD

it played a part in the storyline you got the safari zone :P

im hopin they reveal more about Isshu ^_^

Yeah I'm hoping we see new gameplay footage even if it's just animated versions of the screenshots were currently have. And SKY ARROW BRIDGE INFO!!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    but gen 5 is suppose to revolutionize pokemon. Ash will get the fire type, and nothing you say will change it!!!!!:D

itll revolution the games, but you know the anime wont change
    ash will get the grass starter
    white will join the team as the native isshu girl who will probably start with the grass as well
    and brock will catch another baby pokemon
    its predictable, i just hope Ash keeps Gible in his team when he heads off to Isshu

Yeah I'm hoping we see new gameplay footage even if it's just animated versions of the screenshots were currently have. And SKY ARROW BRIDGE INFO!!

its the bridge in NYC deal with it :P
    the picture alone proves it, the pciture of you walkin on it proves it more, and if thats not ebnough to open your eyes the design clinches it ^_^

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    give up weve proven it already, you know its NYC, i dont get why your so against Pokemon in the USA :P

When did I say that...? San Francisco's in the US...the bridge has the same style as Brooklyn Bridge but design closer to that of the Golden Gate of Bay Bridge (San Francisco to Oakland=Hiun to ___?). San Fran has a similiar sky line to Manhattan too. Despite it probably being NYC I'm saying San Fran still.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    white will join the team as the native isshu girl who will probably start with the grass as well
    its predictable, i just hope Ash keeps Gible in his team when he heads off to Isshu

the picture alone proves it, the pciture of you walkin on it proves it more, and if thats not ebnough to open your eyes the design clinches it ^_^

nahh, it will probably be just him and pikachu again. I hope they don't go through tradition of him catching a bird pokemon right at the beginning. Enough with them already.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Has anyone else been scowering the internets for hours looking for supension bridges that match the Sky Arrow Bridge. I mean it's like the Brooklyn Bridge and Golden Gate/Bay Bridge put together but I'm determined to find a real world duplicate!! :P

I don't know about Sableye due to it's typing but we need a couple evos/pre-evos fo shizzle! Steelix!! Farfetch'd needs one!! Pretty please!! And all the adorable Absol pre-evo fanart has convinced me I want one. :P Oh and of course Lanturn. It needs one, no questions asked, it just does.
    If lanturn does get one i imagine that it would actually be really good because lantern already is pretty good.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    When did I say that...? San Francisco's in the US...the bridge has the same style as Brooklyn Bridge but design closer to that of the Golden Gate of Bay Bridge (San Francisco to Oakland=Hiun to ___?). San Fran has a similiar sky line to Manhattan too. Despite it probably being NYC I'm saying San Fran still.

I think it's NYC. San Francisco's skyline really isn't that tall yet, and it has no bridges of that design.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pokemongarnet The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    If lanturn does get one i imagine that it would actually be really good because lantern already is pretty good.

I think they should leave lanturn alone.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

What picture of you walking on it? I only see the one where you're looking at it? It has the same colouring and material to it but it has pillars that poke up on each side and gap in the middle the Brooklyn Bridge doesn't have. Unless they just mixed the Brooklyn Bridge and the Verrazano bridge...nah San Fran for the win!! Part of this is I just love San Francisco and think it's a beautiful diverse city. The road way screen shot with the trees also reminds me of San Fran...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

it wont fit, i thought it was san fran too, but theres no out look on the left side that would give the view
    plus GGB is red, its grey, unless their showin future san fran 3times as polluted i doubt it -_-"

nahh, it will probably be just him and pikachu again. I hope they don't go through tradition of him catching a bird pokemon right at the beginning. Enough with them already.

i hope gible joins, and cyndaquil comes back, Ash has neglected his pokemon long enough, IMO hes WORSE than Paul, Paul may be an complete ass to his pokemon, but at least he switches them around instead of leavin them wonderin wat they did wrong -_-"

PS has showed nuthin new yet -_-"

What picture of you walking on it? I only see the one where you're looking at it? It has the same colouring and material to it but it has pillars that poke up on each side and gap in the middle the Brooklyn Bridge doesn't have. Unless they just mixed the Brooklyn Bridge and the Verrazano bridge...nah San Fran for the win!! Part of this is I just love San Francisco and think it's a beautiful diverse city. The road way screen shot with the trees also reminds me of San Fran...

it was oneo f the first couple pics released, go to serebii and look at the pics at the top :3

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I don't see why white would get the grass starter if ash did, that wouldn't work.
    How do you know white's the girl? (probably is just wonderin)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Lanturns good but not that good. It can't crack OU and I don't even know if it's UU.

I think it's NYC. San Francisco's skyline really isn't that tall yet, and it has no bridges of that design.

True it isn't but it has alot of similiar shaped buildings...and not the same material but the actual design of the bridge is closer to San Francisco's bridges...I swear it's a mix!!

I think they should leave lanturn alone.

=O My wuvable Lanturn!? =O It's base stats aren't really that good at all...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think the place Sinnoh was based on is bigger than or a bit smaller than the whole state of New york... so will we see the whole thing or would it be a small part that is based on NY equal to the part in real life that was used to make johto... at least the cities look big...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I don't see why white would get the grass starter if ash did, that wouldn't work.
    How do you know white's the girl? (probably is just wonderin)

cuz we dont know the 3rd version yet so im dubbin her white lol

ya it would
    may got fire, dawn got water, white gets grass completes the circle :P
    ash gets grass always its just repeititive :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

but NYC is also diverse, and actually it puts diversity on a whole nother level. Now beauty.....ummmmmm, central park is pretty green:laugh: .

Hiun could be based off of NYC and San Fran--though NYC to a greater extent--okay so now we have that out of the way! Unless we all agree to disagree

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back