• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm sooo sick of Kanto. :P Well that's why I was hoping for a real plot in Hoenn and it could relate to that. As it could show flashbacks of the amazing battles as you're told the legend...you know best of both worlds. :P (Or time travelling. =O)
    The cities are already pretty big and we have yet to know this region's size, the Ds card has a limit you know, if they do put Hoenn in BWG it would turn out like Kanto in GSC... dull...
    Speaking of time traveling I hope we get some in these new games they had time traveling in Locus of light with Celebi so maybe we would get more of that, hey maybe Celebi can be seen and caught in these new games and not only obtainable in an event like in gen 3 and 4.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I completely agree with you, the games will get better from here on out, though I hope we get a good plot with these games if not it's only going to be good for sightseeing. The pokemon need specially the legendaries need better back stories, I mean they never explained why Giratina did to get put in the distortion world and by who (I'm guessing it was Arceus though) and why saying it's name was forbidden, hope they explain that better in the gen 6 remakes of DPPt.

That's true about Giratina. But I thought I read somewhere that BW have basically been in production since DP were released. Not sure about that though. Either way though I really think GF gave it there all on this one. I think it's going to top every previous Pokemon game in every aspect. At least I hope so. Though the little unimportant things like these are the things that I love most about Pokemon games so the plot doesn't interest me as much. :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Thank you for this, now I'm basically left speechless and in awe.

This truly is the next generation of Pokémon as mentioned above. From everything shown so far, the game can only grow from here like I had said earlier. And to think, this is only a small fraction of information received compared to how much is actually left to be seen.
    Forget just the fact that this is truly the next generation of Pokémon. This truly is the next generation of gaming on the DS in general. It's really pushing the envelop of what I thought the DS was truly capable. They're utilizing the system completely and putting out everything that the handheld is about. Comparing this to previous generations just goes to show how amateur they are when compared. The next generation of handheld gaming...

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

Just saying, though it is likely... there are other cities in the world that have ports by the sea with ships, busy people rushing to get to work, and tall skyscrapers. Especially when you compare New York City with cities in Japan.

Blasphemy! quit your tomfoolery at once
    lol jk i know, but comparing a picture i have a NYC to Huin City- there's really no doubt IN MY MIND
    you guys can think whatever you want

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Haha true but they do say something which could be flipping you off for getting in there way. :P Now I realise the caped dudes aren't actually caped but just business looking men holding what looks like briefcases!! I like how they're moving through the steet but not at the front of the town by the ports where it's more relaxed.

Also at 2:53 you'll notice that people are actually lined up outside some sort of store!! So do you have to get in line? :P

if you don't get in line a GTA type fight will break out.

An example scenario:

Ramen shop worker:GET UR PORK RAMEN, 10The Generation Five Speculation Thread!

Random Man: Hey boy, you cuttin' me?

Main Character: I'm just gettin' my ramen, chill. In pats gens we didn't have to wait in lines..

Random Man: well boy this ain't the past gens this is NYC and you besta get in line before my machamp opens up a can of whoop azz on you.

Main Character: who do you think you are?!!!!!

Random Man: I'm a Hiunite b**ch!!!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Thank you for this, now I'm basically left speechless and in awe.

This truly is the next generation of Pokémon as mentioned above. From everything shown so far, the game can only grow from here like I had said earlier. And to think, this is only a small fraction of information received compared to how much is actually left to be seen.

That was exactly my first reaction. I think this will please old and new fans alike, from what little we've seen it appears as if GF gotten serious this time, I can only see better things to come.

The cities are already pretty big and we have yet to know this region's size, the Ds card has a limit you know, if they do put Hoenn in BWG it would turn out like Kanto in GSC... dull...
    Speaking of time traveling I hope we get some in these new games they had time traveling in Locus of light with Celebi so maybe we would get more of that, hey maybe Celebi can be seen and caught in these new games and not only obtainable in an event like in gen 3 and 4.

That's true but I don't think we've seen the DS card pushed anywhere near the limit, if they really wanted to and had an idea worth implementing I think they'd do it. I mean we're past that point where Kanto was just an add on to Johto. Isshu looks like it can clearly stand on its own, if Hoenn were to be added it'd have purpose.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Thanks for posting that video, Waffle-San. This just makes me even more excited for Black & White. I seriously cannot wait for more pictures of this game. Better yet, more gameplay!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

An example scenario:

Main Character: I'm just gettin' my ramen, chill. In pats gens we didn't have to wait in lines..

Random Man: well boy this ain't the past gens this is NYC and you besta get in line before my machamp opens up a can of whoop azz on you.

Eeek. The main thing that came in my mind while reading that is the possibility of the protagonist actually speaking.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Forget just the fact that this is truly the next generation of Pokémon. This truly is the next generation of gaming on the DS in general. It's really pushing the envelop of what I thought the DS was truly capable. They're utilizing the system completely and putting out everything that the handheld is about. Comparing this to previous generations just goes to show how amateur they are when compared. The next generation of handheld gaming...
    I agree with you, I think they are pushing the DS capabilities to the limit with this which is good. It just goes to show that you never know what a system is capable of until you push it to it's limits. The next 2 gens will most likely be similar to 4 and 5 as 6 will adapt the game to the system while 7 will push it's limits!

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i've asked it before and i'll keep asking every week
    WHERE are my pokemon following me?
    oh where, oh where can my pokemon be
    that guy with the briefcase looks pretty shady

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

An example scenario:

Bahaha, and that's how you meet the Professeur. :P

It makes you wonder about all the previous games, you're right I mean I've seen far worse looking games on the Wii let alone the DS. Looks like Pokemon BW is really raising the bar on this one. Bravo GF bravo.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Just saying, though it is likely... there are other cities in the world that have ports by the sea with ships, busy people rushing to get to work, and tall skyscrapers. Especially when you compare New York City with cities in Japan.

Yeah but japanese cities don't really have tall skylines (due to Japan being on a fault line). Like yeah they are large with many high rises and dense but none come close to the height of NYC's. The only other cities in the world that do are Chicago and HK. The bridge in the background makes it pretty obvious that it is not based off of a Japanese city.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    i've asked it before and i'll keep asking every week
    WHERE are my pokemon following me?
    oh where, oh where can my pokemon be
    that guy with the briefcase looks pretty shady

Pokemon following us would be the cake. Maybe they couldn't fit that in but after seeing the new gameplay I think it's safe to say I'm going to get over it. :P

Thanks for posting that video, Waffle-San. This just makes me even more excited for Black & White. I seriously cannot wait for more pictures of this game. Better yet, more gameplay!

No problem, I used your source!! I'm going to be dissapointed if we don't start getting info weekly or bi-weekly now. It looks like this game is going to be huge!!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Yeah but japanese cities don't really have tall skylines (due to Japan being on a fault line). Like yeah they are large with many high rises and dense but none come close to the height of NYC's. The only other cities in the world that do are Chicago and HK. The bridge in the background makes it pretty obvious that it is not based off of a Japanese city.

The bridge isn't Japanese styled that's true but Japan has there way of dealing with high rises. I mean some buildings in Japan sit on what is basically giant springs or shocks. Japan is prepared for their earthquakes. Not to mention that but there were designs for building a one mile high building in Tokyo. (though that's a far ways off)

And don't forget Dubai and Kuala Lumpar in Malaysia.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Bahaha, and that's how you meet the Professeur. :P

It makes you wonder about all the previous games, you're right I mean I've seen far worse looking games on the Wii let alone the DS. Looks like Pokemon BW is really raising the bar on this one. Bravo GF bravo.

I would lmao if you met the professor in a brawl and realizing you had guts he/she then took you back to their lab and handed you a pokemon.

Game Freak is finally taking advantage of the DS's capabilities!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I would lmao if you met the professor in a brawl and realizing you had guts he/she then took you back to their lab and handed you a pokemon.

Game Freak is finally taking advantage of the DS's capabilities!

Haha, well he/she could be screaming at you when you state you don't have any Pokemon to get killed with in a battle so he/she takes pity on you and gives you a squirming Sea Otter. :P

Well in all fairness, this is basically unseen on the DS, they've just tooken it to the next level!

Yeah, a main Character who talks would be cool... kind of wish we could deside what he says though.

I don't know, does Pokemon really need it? I always get super annoyed when people ask me for "catchy phrases" and such. I don't think I really need to talk in the games. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    maybe we will finally have a character that isn't depressed that actually talks!
    As awesome as that would be, I highly doubt that they will actually make the main protagonists talk. >__> Excluding the YES/NO boxes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back