• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The bridge isn't Japanese styled that's true but Japan has there way of dealing with high rises. I mean some buildings in Japan sit on what is basically giant springs or shocks. Japan is prepared for their earthquakes. Not to mention that but there were designs for building a one mile high building in Tokyo. (though that's a far ways off)

And don't forget Dubai and Kuala Lumpar in Malaysia.

What I meant by height was like a large amount of skyscrapers clustered together to form a mountain of glass, bricks, and greatness. Dubai has a lot of tall buildings, including the Burj Khalifa, but when compared to Hong Kong/Chicago/NYC it's just a chump. The same thing can be said about Kuala Lumpur, though I like its skyline more than Dubai's.

And I know Japan has strict building codes just in case of an earthquake, but still in general you won't find as tall skyscrapers there as you would say in USA, Hong Kong, Mainland China (Shanghai is getting tail), and so on.

Is the supertall (one mile) building you're talking about the Toky Sky Tree?
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Imagine this being in Hiun City! And you having to reach to top!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    i've asked it before and i'll keep asking every week
    WHERE are my pokemon following me?
    oh where, oh where can my pokemon be
    that guy with the briefcase looks pretty shady
    By the looks of it, the following feature is either there but not being shown, or is not in the game at all. My mind thinks more of the latter though. Even if it is gone, I won't mind. I liked the Following Feature in HG/SS (it's the one reason I never used my bike), however with everything seen so far, I'd say it makes up for one loss as small as this.

No problem, I used your source!! I'm going to be dissapointed if we don't start getting info weekly or bi-weekly now. It looks like this game is going to be huge!!
    Next set of information is set to be released by CoroCoro on the 15th of June. More than likely, we'll receive leaks a few days before that date. However, we won't be getting weekly news on the games. I was talking to my modding partner earlier today, and if it's anything like when DP was being released, people will know a lot about the games, but we'll know even more once it's released. So, I'd just expect scans to be coming out once every month, while Pokémon Sunday just recaps the given information. By the time the game is released in Japan this Fall, that's when we'll know everything there is to really know.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Taking out the Pokémon following you feature wouldn't bother me much either, unless, like Hiiro said, it's there, but not being shown. For all we know, they could've added the option of letting your Pokémon follow you or not.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    What I meant by height was like a large amount of skyscrapers clustered together to form a mountain of glass, bricks, and greatness. Dubai has a lot of tall buildings, including the Burj Khalifa, but when compared to Hong Kong/Chicago/NYC it's just a chump. The same thing can be said about Kuala Lumpur, though I like its skyline more than Dubai's.

And I know Japan has strict building codes just in case of an earthquake, but still in general you won't find as tall skyscrapers there as you would say in USA, Hong Kong, Mainland China (Shanghai is getting tail), and so on.

Is the supertall (one mile) building you're talking about the Toky Sky Tree?
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Imagine this being in Hiun City! And you having to reach to top!

Nope this building would be at least one kilometre high and possibly a mile. I saw it on Discovery. It's something way in the future that would have basically have everything you'd ever need to live on without ever having to leave including it's own indoor park. Looks like one is being proposed for Saudi Arabia right now too, see if it gets off the ground. There also this https://www.tdrinc.com/ultima.html but anyways if you want to continue this conversation lets stick to pm/vm That one is crazy though!!

Climbing that building would be soooo sick though. Imagine a hike like that for the Elite 4!!

By the looks of it, the following feature is either there but not being shown, or is not in the game at all. My mind thinks more of the latter though. Even if it is gone, I won't mind. I liked the Following Feature in HG/SS (it's the one reason I never used my bike), however with everything seen so far, I'd say it makes up for one loss as small as this.

Next set of information is set to be released by CoroCoro on the 15th of June. More than likely, we'll receive leaks a few days before that date. However, we won't be getting weekly news on the games. I was talking to my modding partner earlier today, and if it's anything like when DP was being released, people will know a lot about the games, but we'll know even more once it's released. So, I'd just expect scans to be coming out once every month, while Pokémon Sunday just recaps the given information. By the time the game is released in Japan this Fall, that's when we'll know everything there is to really know.

Yes but I was thinking more along the lines of little tidbits, 15 second videos that sort of thing. If I remember correctly we knew alot more about DP at this point than we do about BW. That might just be my memory playing tricks on me but I'm certain by summer almost all if not all the Pokemon had been released...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Just talking to you I think...or yelling at you for getting in your way. :P I don't think anyone really knows yet unless they speak japanese...
    Or they could be greeting you. Just goes to show how busy the streets of Japan are, but they may have overdid it just a bit with people passing by you.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Id, just move out of the way before they even get the chance to greet me, unless they give an item every time they greet :3

Is that what they really say? I'm seriously asking a question.
    Oh, sorry i dont know, im in the process of learning japanese, but i cant read in japanese yet...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Haha yup too bad she too "cool" for Pokemon. :P Anyways translations are in!!

"What?"
    "Long time no see"
    "What?"
    "(some sort of sound you would make when you're exhausted)"
    "I'm hungry"
    "I see"
    "Bye bye"
    "(exhausted sound)"
    "I'm hungry."

Hopefully there are options to disable this, it would get repetitive and annoying if they only say this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't know it's only when they pass close by and they're just little bubbles in the corner. Doesn't impede your progress...and it it's only this street where we see so many busy people. I mean no one is moving in the harbour...
    Maybe they are waiting for a boat by the Harbor... sure hope so, wonder if you will be able to ride this boat and where could it possibly take us... I need a map of Isshu

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back