• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Black and White have there own forums now!! Looks like it's possibly farewell to this old thread (unless it gets moved) Farewell thread!! Lots of good memories here, and let Black and White live on!! (I'm so cool!!)

really? I'll have to look at it, but nooo can't leave this thread! Good memories...one of my first comments on pokecommunity was made on here a few hundred pages back..lol.

this thread can't die off like this, it's been broken into a bunch of little pieces... how is that going to help in speculation for the new games anyways... Wait I could use this to talk about Hoenn remakes
    Can you guys imagine Sky pillar and the deep sea in 3D that can be zoomed in and out! The town and cities would be huge Hoenn would be Magnified 10 no 20 or more times fold it's RSE size in the remakes!

remember that the pics we are getting are proably from a beta game, so they might add that in the final game, the chances of that happening though are still very slim:'(.

that is why I'm so hyped about these games. I realized a few hours ago before I got off that with these improved graphics and battle system they r/s/e remakes will be awesome.

and I guess we'll all migrate to the gen 5 thread huh?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    really? I'll have to look at it, but nooo can't leave this thread! Good memories...one of my first comments on pokecommunity was made on here a few hundred pages back..lol.

that is why I'm so hyped about these games. I realized a few hours ago before I got off that with these improved graphics and battle system they r/s/e remakes will be awesome.

and I guess we'll all migrate to the gen 5 thread huh?
    Yeah I guess we are... My first post ever was on this thread too... even if it wasn't a very good one... I miss discussing here... close

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I know how hard it is to let go guys but I think it's time. 5th Generation isn't our little babies anymore. It's growing up and making decisions of it's own. We've done all we can for it here now it needs our support elsewhere. We loved it and it loved us but as it moves on to bigger and better things we must grow with it, supporting it in it's new endeavors. It's meeting new people but we have to make sure it doesn't forget where it came from. It's not an end, it's a rebirth, without us whose going to help it grow through the difficult teen years? Not these new forum posters, heck they harldy know our baby. Keep this going and growing, for the thread and for ourselves!!

And so ends my 328th and final post in this beautiful thread. I won't forget you, and won't let the BW forum forget it's roots either. See you on the flip side!!

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I know how hard it is to let go guys but I think it's time. 5th Generation isn't our little babies anymore. It's growing up and making decisions of it's own. We've done all we can for it here now it needs our support elsewhere. We loved it and it loved us but as it moves on to bigger and better things we must grow with it, supporting it in it's new endeavors. It's meeting new people but we have to make sure it doesn't forget where it came from. It's not an end, it's a rebirth, without us whose going to help it grow through the difficult teen years? Not these new forum posters, heck they harldy know our baby. Keep this going and growing, for the thread and for ourselves!!

And so ends my 328th and final post in this beautiful thread. I won't forget you, and won't let the BW forum forget it's routes either. See you on the flip side!!

you mean roots :P

lol imma not lettin this die yet ive had too much fun, i was new here& this really helped me out :3
    this is my fav thread lol

hey i just thought wat if they started this BEFORE HG/SS and thats why we havent seen the pokemon follow you in the beta, maybe their like oh crap O_O we need to put this in!
    and the final version might get it after all, even tho i hope they change it to where you can choose the pokemon in your party, instead of lead :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    I like the big city look, It's the first time I've seen a building that big in a Pokemon game. We've yet to see the rest of the towns, so who's to say tehy won't have a smaller 3 house town somewhere in there, they've kept that concept for all the games so far anyhow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I like the big city look, It's the first time I've seen a building that big in a Pokemon game. We've yet to see the rest of the towns, so who's to say tehy won't have a smaller 3 house town somewhere in there, they've kept that concept for all the games so far anyhow.
    Your right, actually the Home town is most likely a small 3 house town like it always has been.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I am loving the way the battle scenes look, I mean, they are no longer stationary, this surpasses what Crystal did by far.
    I am going to love this game.

also, this game is moving on, we can't have tiny villages all the time.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't like it! This neat thread was great, now we have scattered opinions, which is good too, at least no more Thread Closing. Hope it didn't cost you guys too much. Anyway, it makes avoiding this place easier xD

I just wish they'd have given it Ranger Graphics.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Loving the battles too. They look a lot faster which is good, have more life added to them thanks to the animation and I like how the camera zooms out for the big attacks. However, I do wish the camera would stay zoomed out all the time so we could always see the full back sprite. I honestly thought the camera would pan left and right, but I don't mind that much to be honest; at least some form of camera movement adds some excitement to it. Not keen on the RBY style back sprites having larger pixels though; it looks messy. Although that could just be because of the camera movement and whatnot.

Also love the city footage. It's awesome how the people look like they have lives with their suits and briefcases, running off to work in the morning. How they avoid you is also cool; no more standing around the same spot walking back and forth and getting in your way!

Music wise, the city music is fine. The battle music wasn't what I expected; sounds like a mix between DPP and RSE, but it doesn't sound too bad.

Can't wait though! I still think I would have preferred them to wait like a year to develop the games for the 3DS, but ah well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    For a 6th gen of pokemon, I would love to see the region based on Parts of Scandinavia+Iceland. Its perfect, mountains (not very big, but big enough), fjords, the forest... And then we could go to Iceland, visit the vulcanoes and go catch some Fire-Pokemon.

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
    Years
    I would like the option to add a last name on the player character. Maybe it can show up on the trainer card and ocassionly be called by it from a rival.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I'm absolutely blown away !!...I don't know what to say..my desire for the games just went off the roof !

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    For a 6th gen of pokemon, I would love to see the region based on Parts of Scandinavia+Iceland. Its perfect, mountains (not very big, but big enough), fjords, the forest... And then we could go to Iceland, visit the vulcanoes and go catch some Fire-Pokemon.

...don't you think it's a bit early to be speculating on the sixth gen?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Since Isshu is far away from the other regions, hopefully we don't get to see Prof Oaks mug again.
    Also< I wonder if we do get to ride a nice old British train, then again, It's quite doubtful as you can see that the tracks on that screenshot are broken. t'would be nice though.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    geeze, over 15 pages since my last post (didnt bother to read all 500 something post)

That was exactly my first reaction. I think this will please old and new fans alike, from what little we've seen it appears as if GF gotten serious this time, I can only see better things to come.

That's true but I don't think we've seen the DS card pushed anywhere near the limit, if they really wanted to and had an idea worth implementing I think they'd do it. I mean we're past that point where Kanto was just an add on to Johto. Isshu looks like it can clearly stand on its own, if Hoenn were to be added it'd have purpose.
    Im glad that nintendo is getting serious about their 3D aspects. Maybe in the near future they will go all the way out with real 3D holograms (ha like yugioh)

I agree with you, I think they are pushing the DS capabilities to the limit with this which is good. It just goes to show that you never know what a system is capable of until you push it to it's limits. The next 2 gens will most likely be similar to 4 and 5 as 6 will adapt the game to the system while 7 will push it's limits!
    push it push it, to the limit limit lol. Whenever I hear new info about Black and White, it makes me want to say: Game Freak, what will they think of next?

But my question is just how big is the Isshu region

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Woah this thing seems to be getting advanced, judging from the articles on Serebii :o

But I'm wondering if the sprites can handle this. Such super-3D (or just regular, half-good 3D, come to think about it) that they use, kinda makes the OW sprites look weird, in their 2D greatness. I love the sprites, but they look weird when it's like that. You still got some time till release, GF, I hope you use it well ;_;

But my question is just how big is the Isshu region

Epic, jusdging from what we've seen.

...Unless the whole region is the roundabouts of that one city. If so, then it'd be quite small, and the game would be suckish. But you never know.. yet.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Tissue will be huge i know :3
    ......ya that was a lame pun i know -_-" but i couldnt resist :P

the battle system will be great, but im beginnin to fear itll be on the 3DS
    cuz the DS cant handle that, it lags in saffron city, & hearthome city which i odnt understand why hearthome, i can see why saffron lol
    if its not on the DS,i hope they put it on DSi, cuz im not wastin my money on a virtual boy repeat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back