• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Are we really downing the gen already? Come on, guys & gals, we've seen two Pokemon. How about we wait til the starters are revealed to down Gen 5, mkay?

Personally, I don't care if this gen borderlines on a Naruto-theme. Narutard and proud of it =P

I'm not downing the 5th generation. Not at all, really. I have high hopes for it. I've only seen two new Pokemon, but that's just two of many more to come.

Starters! I wonder what they'll be like!

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Are we really downing the gen already? Come on, guys & gals, we've seen two Pokemon. How about we wait til the starters are revealed to down Gen 5, mkay?

Personally, I don't care if this gen borderlines on a Naruto-theme. Narutard and proud of it =P
    I love Naruto, too! (Off-topic: Hinata & Naruto 4ever!)

You're, right, NEP. I'll wait for other Pokémon to come. Thank you!

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Oh my god, its a ponytail... Eew... Ok, well Im not all super happy about the new release, Zorua is really awesome, but the eyes on Zoroark and his ponytail are just eew!

But this is an AWESOME release, but remember its not 100& validated as of yet!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Oh, haha, well, nice one. ;)

Not a bad idea actually, since most people are too lazy to translate themselves. haha

And yes, it is actually 100% valid information, it was released in CoroCoro. :P

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    No problemo, Laxbe =) (Off Topicness: NarutoFans4Life! Nice siggy, btw, gotta love GaGa)

On topicness:

I'm the slightest bit disappointed that Zoroaku (Or whatever its name is) didn't turn out to be Dark/Fighting, but still, Dark-Types are always welcome by me =) I plan on raising this sucker for competitve play once Gen 5's released in the U.S. (Probly won't be til 2011 though =/ )

Ooka

Years
    Well, if nothing else, it'll at least be early 2011 when it's released in America, considering it'll be released in Japan this year.

Eos Aduro

Years
    I thought it hadnt been confirmed as actual Corocoro information or if it was still fan-art, because the CoroCoro its going to be released in isnt out yet.

Ooka

Years
    Nah, it's definitely confirmed.

Serebii said:
    These Pokémon have been confirmed as real and CoroCoro indicates there will be more revealed next month, in addition to Zorua & Zoroark's abilities!

Eos Aduro

Years
    Probably, Gamefreak wont make a new generation without new moves and abilities in my mind. My theory is that Zoroark has an ability that immediately copies the opponents stat boosts, effectively being a shapeshifter without actually changing shape.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

That's why.

Years
    GEEZ. Come back and 3 pages are added.

So...Zorua and Zoroark....Zoroark(lol Roark)will probably have a second typing...if not, WTH Tajiri?

I laughed at that comic a bit earlier...and of course this guy will be the Lucario of this year. But this time the developers saved themselves from that disaster from happening again by showing the Pre-Evolution of Zoroark as well, saying "NOT A LEGENDARY, STOP BOTHERING US"

So, what will Gen 5 bring us, hmm?

Ooka

Years
    Well, I'm hoping for some major metagame changes, so of course, new moves / abilities / evos would be needed for that.

falling up+
    Years
    Besides, Pokemon did that long before Naruto was even thought of (Ninetails)... and yeah, let's judge the generation when we have seen more than just two Pokemon that we hardly know about.

wasnt judging the generation yet just stating the similarities in the design. Im all for training a konohanamon lol

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It's like this thread went up 1000% in activity overnight... literally.

I personally like the design and color of the new Pokemon. And by the looks of things, Zoroark will probably be the 5th Gen Lucario.

but... C'MON PEOPLE! We do not need another Lucario on the internet.

The Pokemon is good but oh god how I shall puke when I see usernames like zoroarkpwnz12345!

...well not my problem. With the name change removable the newbies are screwed.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

That's why.

Um.
    When you design 493(right?) creatures that you made solely by yourself, you'll see that it's hard to be creative.(does Ken Sugimori do it all by himself? Eh?)
    i mean, I've made at least 20 fakes and I'm dying. XD
    COUGHCOUGH 493 is quite something if people are still buying the games.
    Two pokemon and people already think the region sucks.
    Well anyways, it wouldn't hurt for them to get some more designers, eh? (but then the pokemon wouldn't look so.. pokemony)

I really like Zorua, to me it looks really cute, and it seems like something I NEED in my party(when I got diamond I wanted a shinx and just wanted to get it to evolve into Luxray.. it evolved after like, 2 days. XD)
    I think I'm gonna draw Zorua and but it on my dA. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back