• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I don't really mind what Zoroak's abilitys turns out to be. All I ask is that the designers think imaginativley and make it quite unique.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Lol, I agree again as long as its either a good ability or brand new one that will likely fit them both.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    I don't really mind what Zoroak's abilitys turns out to be. All I ask is that the designers think imaginativley and make it quite unique.

You people need to stop saying it looks like lucario. many dragons look similar. a steel wolf =/= a demon dark fox monster. They barely look similiar at all.

on subject his ability is probably:
    Illusion: the first 2 turns zoroark is out his type/looks becomes the opponents(or random if it's 2vs2). He'll also probably have a dark aura to show that it's him.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Concerning Zoroark and Zorua's status, I'd say pseudo-legendary. Lucario falls into the same category.

Also, has it occured to anyone that Zoroark may learn an entirely new move pertaining to its illusion-controlling powers? Lucario got Aura Sphere since it has aura-powers, so why can't Zoroark get an illusion-based attack? It'll probably be something like:

Illusion Waltz: Dark: Special: BP 95: ACC 95: The user creates an illusion that sharply reduces the opponent's evasion and accuracy as well as deals damage.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    As with every new generation, there are new type combinations. Although very unlikely there may even be a new type.

Type combination I like to see:
    Fire/Ice
    Ghost/Fighting

Esmas

General
    Years
    Really? It may look like shinx but that doesnt mean anything :\ It also looks like lucario (im not sure its a persudo (however you say it) legend but lucario certainly isnt a normal pokemon!)
    I never said it looks like Shinx, I'm saying it looks like a Shinx line (minus the three evolutions). I don't know, it just does to me :P

But it may also be an alternate Pokémon for Lucario, who both have two evolutions and special powers.

@Notch-Eared Pichu: Are you saying Lucario is a Pseudo-legendary? I don't think so :S

Nintengod

Years
    Concerning Zoroark and Zorua's status, I'd say pseudo-legendary. Lucario falls into the same category.

Also, has it occured to anyone that Zoroark may learn an entirely new move pertaining to its illusion-controlling powers? Lucario got Aura Sphere since it has aura-powers, so why can't Zoroark get an illusion-based attack? It'll probably be something like:

Illusion Waltz: Dark: Special: BP 95: ACC 95: The user creates an illusion that sharply reduces the opponent's evasion and accuracy as well as deals damage.

A stage 1 pseudo-legend? Nah, it doesn't even look that powerful. Movie 13 is probably a hype movie showing basically a badass villian like zoroark. Besides, sharply reducing acc/evas is tuning it down by 50. That would be the next dark void. Not mention dark pkmn are fast. 95%dmg/acc + STAB? lol whut?

I never said it looks like Shinx, I'm saying it looks like a Shinx line (minus the three evolutions). I don't know, it just does to me :P

But it may also be an alternate Pokémon for Lucario, who both have two evolutions and special powers.

@Notch-Eared Pichu: Are you saying Lucario is a Pseudo-legendary? I don't think so :S

What?? Zoroark already has a pre-evo, it's a dark type and a FOX not a WOLF.

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
    What?? Zoroark already has a pre-evo, it's a dark type and a FOX not a WOLF.
    Huh? Why are you telling me everything I already know? I DID point out that the line has two stages of evolution, did I? :P I never said it doesn't have a pre-evo, I never said it's not a Dark-type and I never said it's not a fox. Obviously, it doesn't need to be the EXACT same animal and the exact same typing to be a parallel Pokémon to one of another generation, like Ratatta is to Sentret, Zigzagoon or Bidoof.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. I really hope they give Flareon Flare Blitz in the 5th generation.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    I have to say something about the "Illousion of masters" thing.
    Substiture would more fit than Transform.

Oh, and anybody has an idea of it`s stats?
    I think it will be very strong at Attacks and Speed. Sp.Attack will be low. Def and Sp.Def will be somehow middle. I might come up with something like this :
    Atk: 115, Def: 90, Sp.Atk: 55, Sp.Def: 90, Speed: 115

Years
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. I really hope they give Flareon Flare Blitz in the 5th generation.
    It's as if the creator of Flareon spilled a beverage on the suit of one of the Battle Directors of Red and Green, thus screwing Flareon with a great attack stat, while being a special-type.

I'm really surprised they didn't give it Flare Blitz. Flareon must be GF's least favorite Fire-type. At least it got Fire Fang and Superpower. 3:

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years

I think it will be very strong at Attacks and Speed. Sp.Attack will be low. Def and Sp.Def will be somehow middle. I might come up with something like this :
    Well, I think it should learn something like Transform or Substitute, or even something new (like "Illusion" or something :D) because it is likely based on kitsune of Japanese folklore, which is a shape-shifting magical fox-like thing.

As for its stats...those ones you posted up are quite reasonable, but I think it's Special Defense stat should be up just a bit (you know, by like 5 or 10 points). I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling.

Seriously, I can't wait for later this week to possibly reveal more Pokémon...AAAARRRGGHHH!! XD;

Years
    Aren't Tanukis sometimes associated with Kitsune in Japanese folklore? Maybe we could get a "Pure Tanuki" counterpart for Zoroark, or maybe it could be like a rival.

Edit: Maybe something like this:

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Last edited:

Zizi

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    Wow...I'd just like to say that I simply can't wait for the 5th generation. I don't care about the Pokémon designs and graphics (as long as they're decent), I just can't help but go crazy over the anticipation for this game.

I remember going crazy for the wait for Generation 4 as well.

As for the first designs of the new generation, they look good to me! They kind of remind me of the 2nd generation, for some reason...and that's a good thing. They give me nostalgia, and I don't know why.

I understand what you mean, it does remind me of the second generation too :D
    Can't wait for 5, just hope nintendo dosn't introduce too many new Pokemon.. I'm useless with names haha!
    :D

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Aren't Tanukis sometimes associated with Kitsune in Japanese folklore? Maybe we could get a "Pure Tanuki" counterpart for Zoroark, or maybe it could be like a rival.

Edit: Maybe something like this:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Those look really cool =D They'd have to evolve if they're to compete with Zoroark though.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Also, has it occured to anyone that Zoroark may learn an entirely new move pertaining to its illusion-controlling powers? Lucario got Aura Sphere since it has aura-powers, so why can't Zoroark get an illusion-based attack?

I see this as more likely. He could easliy get a Transform like move but I'm expecting him to have his own move.

What about HP? :P

I'm thinking
    HP:80 Atk: 110 Def:80 Sp. Atk: 100 Sp. Def: 95 Speed: 90

BST=555

Just a random rough guess.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I think, if the versions go by the Sun/Moon theme, that the 'triad' should be a quad. Each representing a different season. Or, keep it as a triad that represent Morning, Day, and Night. Morning could be Psychic, Day could be Fire/Psychic, and Night could be Dark.

Or, if there's a different theme, I'd like to see a triad of Pokemon representing Mind, Body, and Soul.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    Well, I think it should learn something like Transform or Substitute, or even something new (like "Illusion" or something :D) because it is likely based on kitsune of Japanese folklore, which is a shape-shifting magical fox-like thing.

As for its stats...those ones you posted up are quite reasonable, but I think it's Special Defense stat should be up just a bit (you know, by like 5 or 10 points). I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling.

Seriously, I can't wait for later this week to possibly reveal more Pokémon...AAAARRRGGHHH!! XD;

Wow, dude O_o
    Honestly, I had the same felling xD
    I was going to write 95...idk why I`ve written 90.

Btw, you made this sprite by yourself? It`s impressive!

And yeah...I have some type ideas for the 5th gen :
    Psycho/Dark (yeah, only Bug attacks can pwn this poke - 4x damage...why doesn`t Unown has this type? xD I t would fit cause it lives in the dark)
    Water/Dark (don`t like this so much)
    Dragon/Steel (yeah, that type would be cool ^^)
    Bug/Electric (I had a dream 3 years ago...and I saw a 5th gen pokemon with this type)
    ...I can`t imagine a 5th type combination xD

What about HP? :P

I'm thinking
    HP:80 Atk: 110 Def:80 Sp. Atk: 100 Sp. Def: 95 Speed: 90

BST=555

Just a random rough guess.

Ooops! Forgot about that xD
    I would also add 80-85 HP.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    In my mind, the reason Zoro is getting compared to Lucario is because it's similar in physique, it probably has some crazy powers, and it was revealed before the game in which it features has yet to be released. Expect a cameo role in a spinoff.

Also, DeviantArt says they've already r34'd him with Lucario. D=

Nintengod

Years
    Huh? Why are you telling me everything I already know? I DID point out that the line has two stages of evolution, did I? :P I never said it doesn't have a pre-evo, I never said it's not a Dark-type and I never said it's not a fox. Obviously, it doesn't need to be the EXACT same animal and the exact same typing to be a parallel Pokémon to one of another generation, like Ratatta is to Sentret, Zigzagoon or Bidoof.

I misread, everyone speaks in literal broken english so I was confused because someone wrote properly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back