• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Here's a few things I'd like to see in the upcoming game:

-MORE Fire and Electric types
    -I like that Bug/Water legendary idea mentioned earlier
    -Even, so we need less legendaries. I mean come on, it's getting ridiculous now. With this many legendaries they shouldn't even be considered legends.
    -Alright, I'll say it, I'd actually like a Light type. I really don't care either way, but if they did introduce it, it would make sense since we have Dark.
    -Alright, I'll say this too. I don't mind cross-generation evolutions. I'll admit there are some that are just unnecessary like Lickilicky and Rhyperior, but there's nothing wrong with Pokemon evolving. And some would be pretty cool, like a Girafarig or Dunsparce evo.
    -It better be on the DS. 3D battles wouldn't be the same.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pokemon Gen 5 Games Going to be revealed!!!!
    Okay so on the 11th april pokemon sunday are going to be revealing the new gen 5 games :D
    There has been some disscusion that coro coro might get leaked a little before... so we will have to wait and see!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    -Even, so we need less legendaries. I mean come on, it's getting ridiculous now. With this many legendaries they shouldn't even be considered legends.
    -Alright, I'll say it, I'd actually like a Light type. I really don't care either way, but if they did introduce it, it would make sense since we have Dark.
    -Alright, I'll say this too. I don't mind cross-generation evolutions. I'll admit there are some that are just unnecessary like Lickilicky and Rhyperior, but there's nothing wrong with Pokemon evolving. And some would be pretty cool, like a Girafarig or Dunsparce evo.

Since many Legendary Pokemon are based on real life legends and myths, the amount of legendaries in Pokemon pales compared the millions of legends and myths in real life, just because there's a "big" amount of em, doesn't remove their legendary status.

anyways........

Here's some things I'd like in Gen 5
    *Dive to return-such a good game mechanic, allowed more areas to be added.
    *More Pokemon based on Shinto(Japanese Myth/Religion) demons-we already have quite a few of these, but I'd like more.
    *Brendan and May-to play the same role as Red in G/S/C/HG/SS, but both of them would be a tag team, with very high level Pokemon.
    *Dark Castle-dunno why, it would probs be a place to encounter Dark type Pokemon, maybe even the Villain or something.
    *Air routes-Like in Pokemon Ranger 3, you could either choose to automatically fly straight to a destination, or choose to fly manually and encounter flying type Pokemon.
    *Legendaries based on the Japanese gods Amaterasu, Tsuku-yumi and Susano'o, aka, Psychic/Fire, Dark/Rock and Electric/Grass.

well, that's my list

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
    Let's see here. Pokémon is manga styled, yes? Ever wondered why there aren't too many coloured people in mangas or anime? Well, mostly because there aren't that many coloured people in Japan. The games are usually made to come out in Japan. And usually, skin tones are pretty simplyfied in manga. You're playing japanese people, and so the characters have the skin tone that is used in manga for most japanese. Japanese peoples skin changes in tone a little aswell, but it's usually not too noticeable in most mangas. (I'm trying to say this as easy as possible, hope I get it right.)
    About the little more heavy people, again, it's manga. Kids just aren't... fat, in manga. It may be annoying, but I'm just saying it as it is.

So yeah, I'd like the ideas of a little minorities in the games too, but there are reasons why they don't have it.
    And once again: It's RPG, you're not necessarily supposed to be playing yourself; but these japanese main characters.

But IF you were able to customize a little, that would be awesome.
    I know many manga's that have shown many Black people. And also some RPG let you customize your character.

Years

Oh come on, there are not that many legendary Pokemon. The are only 36, and that is counting Rotom, Phione, and Heatran, who are all disputable. Out of 493, well 495 actually, that is less than 10% legendary. I know that each gen progressivly saw more (gen 1=5 gen 2=6 gen 3=10 and gen 4=15) but I do not see that trend continuing. I think there is a reason for the mass amount of legends in DPPt. I havnt quite got it figured out yet but there is a reason for it, plot wise anyway. Maybe I will be explained in the next gen. I actually Kinda see the next gen games being like GSC, I wouldnt be surprised if after the E4 we got to travel back to Sinnoh.

AshK

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    WOW that scan looks real can anyone translate the text?

Umm, i would try for you, but its probably just filler wording, with no real info (although exceptionally well done, even prononciation hiri). However, it is a FAN made article. You can tell, as if you look at the bottom where the copyrights are in English. It quotes "Pokomon" "Nintondo" "Greatures Inc." and "GAME FLEAK INC."

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Pokemon Gen 5 Games Going to be revealed!!!!
    Okay so on the 11th april pokemon sunday are going to be revealing the new gen 5 games :D
    There has been some disscusion that coro coro might get leaked a little before... so we will have to wait and see!

OoOoOoOo.... Can't wait. :D

I'm personally facisinated by Gen V, like everyone was years ago when Gen IV was first coming out and fakes where being released. XP

So, perhaps some ideas for Gen V?
    * Definately more fire-types
    * A unique regions with interesting town names
    * Plenty of of stuff to do, like going to another region. Hoenn would be nice~ And maybe another Battle frontier. This is obviously not going to be compatiable with D/P/Pt/HG/SS, with the new Pokemon, so new facilities can be introduced (Or just bring back Hoenn's).
    * Unique, good-looking Pokemon that aren't rushed messes. COUGH MAGMORTAR, BIDOOF, BIBAREL COUGH
    * Maybe some new evolutions for previous generation Pokemon?
    * I dunno, I always imagine the Fifth Region to be some really dark place. Maybe a very natural, forest-like region?

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Isn't it official that the Generation 5 games will be for the DS of this generation?

Yeah, actually.

It will be the first time ever that a Pokemon Generation will come out for the same Hand-Held system as the previous.

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow = Game Boy
    Gold, Silver, Crystal = Game Boy Color
    Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen = Game Boy Advance
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver = DS

Ihtesam19

The Best Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, actually.

It will be the first time ever that a Pokemon Generation will come out for the same Hand-Held system as the previous.

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow = Game Boy
    Gold, Silver, Crystal = Game Boy Color
    Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen = Game Boy Advance
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver = DS
    WOW really? Thats soo cool :) I just bought a DSi for my brithday the 19th march and I get to play another pokemon game, how awesome is that! :D Thanks a lot for clearing this up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    As long as they don't make another Arceus, i think i'll be okay... for now.
    i really hope they don't make any ridiculous pokemon. when i saw Rotoms new forms in Platinum, i just though, "Seriously?, a washing machine, fan?!"

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    oh yeah i had it in my head but then forgot... BUT NOW I REMEMBER :D
    our character needs a FATHER
    it would be cool if YOUR FATHER stayed at home and YOUR MOTHER was a gym leader?
    either way i want a FATHER

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I hope they make a questing beast ledgey. That would be so awesome.
    Heck, even a amphisbaena ledgey would be cool.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Quite awhile back, someone posted their ideas for some legendaries that wouldn't suck.

Some sort of embodiment spirit for each of the four seasons. They could even tie into a potential realtime seasons feature in the next generation games. XD

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
    I haven't lost hope...yet. But honestly, I rarely ever like the Legendary Pokémon, Mew will always be my favourite since Mewtwo just looks like it came out of the Devil's -part of the body where the sun don't shine-.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back