• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    im just glad they did black and white this time! i wonder how it will revolutionize pokemon. maybe they are just talking about the possible 3d aspects.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hopefully the theme is Night & Day, and instead of a trio, we could get the first quartet(?)... the Seasonal Dragons. Dragon/Grass (Spring), Dragon/Fire (Summer), Dragon/Ghost (Fall) and Dragon/Ice (Winter)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Im debating whether or not I want to wait for the inevitable third version to come out for this gen. The third games, while usually having better features, havent been that much different from the first games.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Hopefully the theme is Night & Day, and instead of a trio, we could get the first quartet(?)... the Seasonal Dragons. Dragon/Grass (Spring), Dragon/Fire (Summer), Dragon/Ghost (Fall) and Dragon/Ice (Winter)

That would be awesome! I really want something thats related to the seasons.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    @scd10 This time the 3rd installment most likely will be a major difference. The 3DS will be by the time they release it so it will most likely be on that system (like Crystal was on the GBC instead of the Gameboy).

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • "Pokémon Black" and "Pokémon White" seems a little plainer than the other names. It would have been nice if they had spruced it up, some...like...."Pokémon Jet Black" and "Pokémon White Ivory" or something. Then they could make the third installment, "Pokémon Ultimate Monochrome"! How epic does that sound? :D Hahaha.

Though I will most likely be getting White because it's my favourite colour.

I would love to see a part-bug starter. I'm not a huge bug fan, but how cute would a fire/bug Pokémon be? Like a fireant-based one. Cuuuteee. I hope the starters are better than the ones in Diamond/Pearl....(no offense if you like them, they just weren't my favourite.)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I hope there's a GOOD team this time. Sure, let's keep the evil organizations, but the good team fighting against them could surely create a good plotline.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Sounds like they might be rebooting? Names that leave the Precious Metal/Stone motif behind and go back to the Colour motif of Red/Blue/Yellow/Green...

I wonder if a second region would appear? It'd be nice to see Johto again, even if they completely change its layout. They sort-of might have implied they were going to with people in Ecruteak hinting at the Burned (Brass) Tower being reconstructed (which wasn't, if I recall, in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal).

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I didn't even think about the evil team... there should only be one though... Team Black and Team White sounds kinda bad :/

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Two regions? Squick! Do. Not. Want. Maybe an extra chain of islands with another plot, like in Fire Red and Leaf Green, but not another chain of Gym Leaders.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • OMG !!...Those japanese logos are like Off the charts !!! love 'em
    pokemon black makes me believe that they'll be making dark type really awesome this time with some real badass pokemons and uber strong moves....i'm having goosebumps !!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think 2 regions is a possibility. It really would depend on where this new region is located compared to a previous one though. It'd have to have a similar setup as the Johto and Kanto regions for them to do 2 regions, or so I think.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Weird request, but I hope they change the theme music a little. I don't just mean the speed, or instruments or whatever, but maybe either have a completely new (but just as epic) theme, or fiddle with the notes and whatnot to make it sound a little different.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Red & Blue - Colours of Charizard and Blastoise. Main legendary is Mewtwo (neither of those colours nor of a related type), enemy group is Team Rocket.

Gold & Silver - Main legendaries are Ho-Oh and Lugia (which are vaguely those colours), enemy group is Team Rocket. Plot is reviving Team Rocket.

Ruby & Sapphire - Main legendaries are Groudon and Kyogre (which are vaguely those colours), enemy groups are Aqua and Magma. Plot is worldwide drought/flood.

Diamond & Pearl - Main legendaries are Dialga and Palkia (which have gems that look like these stones), enemy group is Team Galactic. Plot is the destruction and recreation of the universe.

I think it can be assumed that the names Black and White have almost nothing to do with anything, except probably the colour scheme of the main legendaries. So no, don't go expecting Team Daytime/Nighttime, a new Light type, yin-yang themes, life/death, good/evil, joining Team Rocket in Black version, or anything like that. You should expect a "good vs. evil" theme, though, but all the games have that.

Remember how everyone was hoping for a Light type, a Psychic/Fighting/Dark starter triangle, Fire/Bug Pokémon, etc. etc. etc. in the 4th Gen? Remember how all that didn't happen? Just think about it...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • PKMN Black and PKMN White are simple names. I like them. I'm calling PKMN Black right now though. The logos for these games are simply amazing, and I'm liking how things are going so far. However, the names, and whatever happens in the game doesn't worry me or interest me much right now. I'll think about that as I see more.

I'm actually more interested to know what the name of the region will be called, the cities, and the three starters. Those are the things I'm really looking forward to as it stands currently.

...and I guess the game mascots as well. :3 I do agree on the whole ying/yang idea though. It seems pretty substantial as far as things are looking.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back