• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I agree with more towns throughout the region separating the gym towns. I hated watching the anime and seeing the characters visit all these other places whilst on their way to the next gym. It takes me half an hour yet it takes them a few days. Would be nice to be able to explore more towns throughout, even if some of them didn't have that much of a purpose.

More optional side quests would be great to be honest, so maybe they could use these other towns as a place to find other stuff to do, even if it's only little things like finding a little girl's lost Clefairy in some cave for example lol

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I agree with more towns throughout the region separating the gym towns. I hated watching the anime and seeing the characters visit all these other places whilst on their way to the next gym. It takes me half an hour yet it takes them a few days. Would be nice to be able to explore more towns throughout, even if some of them didn't have that much of a purpose.

More optional side quests would be great to be honest, so maybe they could use these other towns as a place to find other stuff to do, even if it's only little things like finding a little girl's lost Clefairy in some cave for example lol

Yes, like a MMO's questing system, but anti-MMO one here ...
    It's good that more people are agreeing with my bigger-region idea . And yes, I also hate how slow they can go in the anime ... in one week, I already reached the Indigo P. in HeartGold .

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Yes, like a MMO's questing system, but anti-MMO one here ...
    It's good that more people are agreeing with my bigger-region idea . And yes, I also hate how slow they can go in the anime ... in one week, I already reached the Indigo P. in HeartGold .

By hate I meant felt jealous of lol. It takes them forever to get anywhere...so it would be nice if it took me forever to get places too, but only if the routes are fun and nice to look at. Wouldn't want a load of routes that were really long but dull.

I also hope that I'm not a mute, but I don't see that happening...

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    Rumour says they might change 'black and white' to light and dark... which would make more sense, keeping with the opposites, but not having colours.
    I hope for a FULL 150 more pokemon... not another 100 like in other games.
    Less legendaries, seems as though they keep having 6/7 a time :/
    Quicker battles (still takes too long :P)
    Evolutions of past pokemon
    Multi-region
    Ability to catch /almost/ all pokemon.
    ROMS that don't crash all the time :P
    Much longer story mode, but less fiddly (eg. not get this thing so that person moves allowing you to get the item to... blablabla. Just have a pokemon battle and settle this dude!)
    Larger regions, but with no LONG routes with endless battling in the rain/fog.
    Your rival has got to be either your friend or your enemy... don't dilly-dally like in the last few. At least with Gary we knew where he stood!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lulz.

Well, if there're Hoenn remakes in Gen V, it'll be the first Generation that Kanto hasn't been in!

Is nobody else happy that they're said to be released on DS? That means we don't have to go get another console!

EDIT: Nobody take this a racist, but what's the bets on the 3rd game being called Pokemon Mixed Race???

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Woah, Black & White? Sounds great! :D I thinks its cool they are going to be going back to colours... But i was hoping for another gem... but its still kool anyway...
    I have a feeling zoroark might be the mascot for black version!
    Things im hoping for:

• A big region (not more then one... maybe some islands!)
    • A leprecon pokemon :D
    • Less ledgenderys
    • Maybe different type starters? Or maybe two different starters for each version... so like... a dark starter for black and a ... fire/electric type for white?... Actuarly... maybe thats a stupid idea...?
    Anywayz, i made a transparent version on the logos if anyone wants to use them for a website or somthing?

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Yahz the name shave been revealed!

But I was thinking last night, that the new Water Starter might be a dolphin. haven't seen a Dolphin PKMN yet.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I'm gonna be getting both, but will get Pokemon Black first as I always get the one which comes first, first. (e.g Red before Blue, Gold before Silver, Ruby before Sapphire, Fire Red before Leaf Green, Diamond before Pearl, Heart Gold before Soul Silver)

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Awesome! I always had a feeling that there was going to be Black and White versions sometime. I actually had a dream last night where the new games were going to be called Pokemon Positive and Pokemon Negative. xD I guess that's sort of close!

Anyhoozer, I will be getting White Version!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Rumour says they might change 'black and white' to light and dark... which would make more sense, keeping with the opposites, but not having colours.
    I hope for a FULL 150 more pokemon... not another 100 like in other games.
    Less legendaries, seems as though they keep having 6/7 a time :/
    Quicker battles (still takes too long :P)
    Evolutions of past pokemon
    Multi-region
    Ability to catch /almost/ all pokemon.
    ROMS that don't crash all the time :P
    Much longer story mode, but less fiddly (eg. not get this thing so that person moves allowing you to get the item to... blablabla. Just have a pokemon battle and settle this dude!)
    Larger regions, but with no LONG routes with endless battling in the rain/fog.
    Your rival has got to be either your friend or your enemy... don't dilly-dally like in the last few. At least with Gary we knew where he stood!

1) I hope they keep the Black and White names, I like them. They sound edgy lol
    2) 150 new Pokemon would be nice, I agree. I don't really think 100 is enough.
    3) Definitely agree on having less legendaries. RBY and GSC had the perfect amount IMO. Let's have 2 mascots, a trio and maybe one uber legendary that could be used for the 3rd game.
    4) Battle length is fine for me, except those that drag on for no reason (you're confused, then you're paralysed, then you miss etc etc ugh!)
    5) I generally don't like evolutions for previous Pokemon, especially stupid looking ones...I'm looking at you Rhyperior.
    6) I'd prefer 1 big region with some unlockable islands or something to explore after the main game.
    7) This would be nice for me since I don't generally trade often, but I wouldn't necessarily mind if they did their usual thing.
    8) No comment haha
    9) The story doesn't necessarily have to be longer for me...just different.
    10) Refer to 6. I would like longer routes to get to places, but make them interesting, give us a few optional side quests and whatnot. And for the love of all that's holy...can we have a proper weather system? I hate having rainy routes and foggy routes...mix it up! The rainy bit before Azalea Town was pointless!
    11) Definitely! One rival like Blue and that's it. I don't want some stupid haired Barry running all over the place trying to be a hero, nor do I want the opposite gender acting like they know more than I do.

Years
    We need a bigass region with water routes.....exclusive landmarks.....islands....interesting and a lot of towns (OH COME TAJIRI, THERE ARE OVER 1 BILLION TOWNS AND CITIES IN THE WORLD, GIVE ME A BREAK), sidequests before and after game, and voila......

MEGA REGION.

Also, I really hope Sugimori has new drawing styles.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yes, BIG REGION IDEA GUY HERE !!!
    I am talking about 20+ Towns/Cities and 25 Rt.-s !! We need something LASTING and INTERESTING !! This won't mean that guy X is blocking me because Y did that and I forgot to go to Z City and beat N Gym Leader ... That's plain boring ...

Now ... 3rd Game Idea = Pokemon Gray with an uber legend .

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
    Years
    I would like to see starters that actually look cool and realistic like Charmander and Squirtle, with decent names. Since 3rd Gen the designs and names have been bull. Why not just make them look like real animals again, Game Freak?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would certainly love a massive region with a good amount of towns/cities. That would definitely make the map much more interesting.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Argghhh no one gives me credit >_'< .
    I've also been thinking about more Pokemon received from others . And useable ones, not random Lv. 5 Eevees ! ):

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I have to admit, a huge region does seem enticing. What I'm also looking forward to is the battle mechanics. Will it be further enhanced? Or will generation four be the last of the changes?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back