• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
  • Bugs are supposed to be weak, the types are unbalanced on purpose. Look at the dragon type, little to no weakness other than ice. Super strong attacks and great abilities. Bugs suck balls. Not that I hate them, but only 2 out of like 70 bugs are in OU, most are NU.

Bugs really shouldn't suck. Not just because bugs across the world cause millions of death each year (Well mosquito's account for most of those but whatever) but being super effective on Grass, Psychic and Dark you would think would have it's benefits. Not that Psychic (except Ubers) and Grass are that good or frequent to begin with but...an Uber Bug would destroy!!

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Y'all know you want this:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I need strong bugs ( #><) ... and beside scizor and heracross being strong, there's yanmega :its strong i think:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I think there are only 3 bugs OU Scizor,Heracross, and Ninjask. I mean look at all the crappy bugs we have. (Shedinja,Parasect, etc) More than 50% of the bugs are 4x's weak to SR so they need better typing's for them.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope for more Dragons 2 like Ice/Dragon lol Bug/Dragon would help Bugs out

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • I`ve completely forgot about Sharpedo and it`s pre-evolution ^^`

Btw, did someone noticed that all of the 1st gen grass pokemon are not useful (except Venusaur)?

Yeah, I also had Dragon/Ice in mind, but forgot it xD
    Lol, an levitating Electric pokemon without a 2nd type would have no weakness.

Anyways, I would like to see some more Ghost and Dragon types.
    I also hope for new Rock types, which have no 4x weakness.

Those types would be weird :
    Dragon/Fighting
    Dragon/Grass
    Fire/Dragon
    Electric/Dragon

Those would be strong/cool :
    Psychic/Dark - 4x Bug weakness only, a high sp.def would be great
    Ice/Dragon - 2x Dragon, 2x Steel, 2x Rock, 2x Fighting weakness, a high defense would be great
    Poison/Steel - 4x Ground weakness, 2x Fire weakness
    Grass/Fire (sounds weird) - 2x Rock, 2x Fly and 2x Toxic weakness, a high def would be great

Here are other type suggestion :
    Water/Ghost (too many weaknesses)
    Psychic/Ghost (very weak, 4x Dark and 4x Ghost weakness >.<)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really cant wait for Pokemon Sunday today. Hopefully we'll see a new Pokemon, and not just more about Zorua and Zoroark. Though I can see them just officially releasing them, saying some powers of them, and that's it. Maybe a new trailer for the new movie, but that's asking for a lot.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • @Kotone: Oh yeah, that is AWESOME. I really love Zorua's colours, they're so dark and evil. But I'm surprised they've already made plushies for them!

Nintengod

Elite Battler &amp; Contest Master
    Years
  • Bugs really shouldn't suck. Not just because bugs across the world cause millions of death each year (Well mosquito's account for most of those but whatever) but being super effective on Grass, Psychic and Dark you would think would have it's benefits. Not that Psychic (except Ubers) and Grass are that good or frequent to begin with but...an Uber Bug would destroy!!

Yes, but psychic/dark are both fast and powerful, so their weakness to bug is barely a weakness at all.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think that the 5th gen will bring Chatots evolution, because the same thing happened with Murkrow and Roselia. Oh yeah, and a evolution of Delibird would be nice too :)
    Maybe but they didnt do murkrow till 2 gens after so it could be in gen 6 or 7 :\

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Yo creo que la quinta generacion será bastante imnovadora, tal como dijeron los funcionarios de Nintendo. Los dos Pokemon que ellos han mostrado me sorprendieron mucho, y creo que si todos los que harán son igual de buenos, será un excelente catalogo de Pokemon

I think the fifth generation will be quite imnovadora as Nintendo officials said. The two Pokemon that they have shown me very surprised, and I think if all those who are just as good will, will be an excellent catalog of Pokemon.

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
  • If they add evolutions the ones I think need it most are:
    pinsir
    luvdisc
    mawile
    pachirisu
    dunsparce
    keckleon

Status
    Not open for further replies.