• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since it is still on the DS I wouldn't expect any major graphical changes... but HGSS was pretty impressive so I expect this game to top that. I'm just hoping Pokemon Gray (ugly) or whatever the 3rd installment is will be for the 3DS and blows us away.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Since it is still on the DS I wouldn't expect any major graphical changes... but HGSS was pretty impressive so I expect this game to top that. I'm just hoping Pokemon Gray (ugly) or whatever the 3rd installment is will be for the 3DS and blows us away.
    It all depends on the compatibility. If the 3DS isn't compatible with the DS, DS Lite or the DSi then there's no way the third instalment will be on the 3DS. Nintendo will lose too much money since there are a lot of people who wont buy the third instalment due to the fact that they cant connect their games together.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years

• It all depends on the compatibility. If the 3DS isn't compatible with the DS, DS Lite or the DSi then there's no way the third instalment will be on the 3DS. Nintendo will lose too much money since there are a lot of people who wont buy the third instalment due to the fact that they cant connect their games together.
    by the sounds of things, 3ds will hav backward compatibility so we can trade pokemon between ds and 3ds.
    wat will be weird is trading between black and white to the other ds games. they don't have the 5th generation pokemon in them. so wat will happen?
    mayb a time capsule thing?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It has happened before... I just see it as maybe a time capsule thing or something related to it. Regardless, there were even restrictions between all of the games out now.

Last edited:

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
  • What are people thoughts on Legendary Pokemon? I mean how can you get any higher than Arceus? I thought he was meant to have created everything or something?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Im REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYY hoping that Black and White arent kept as the names, Im not against the idea, but something like maybe.... I dunno, Obsidian and Ivory... Dusk and Dawn... but Black and White??? They already did colors in case anyone remembers...

Please be this when in comes out in English! I can't bare the thought of what the media would do to the names "Black and White" :( Obsidian and Quartz FTW! And am I the only one who likes the gem theme?

Im seeing a whole Yin Yang thing going on... based on the logos.

Love it! Like a Pokemon of Good Karma and one of Bad? So they keep the natural balance between Good and Evil. And the 3rd one could be a Pokemon of Peace, so making the two stable and not conflict too much.

I like the idea of it going to the fast - but how will that work in the Anime? Also, I like the colours, they blend well and look slick and cool. Those are my two cents, hopefully I get Quoted or replied ;)

EDIT: And for all you Light Type fans, it looks like you wish could come true, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • Wujifin for 5th gen!!

this is definitely exciting... this year has been an unending loop of excitement. just as soon as Super Street Fighter 4 is about to release, this is being confirmed for release in fall!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I seriously don't expect the third installment to be Gray... even though I have said so in the past. This gen needs some color so maybe Rainbow? Haha

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Please be this when in comes out in English! I can't bare the thought of what the media would do to the names "Black and White" :( Obsidian and Quartz FTW! And am I the only one who likes the gem theme?

Love it! Like a Pokemon of Good Karma and one of Bad? So they keep the natural balance between Good and Evil. And the 3rd one could be a Pokemon of Peace, so making the two stable and not conflict too much.

I like the idea of it going to the fast - but how will that work in the Anime? Also, I like the colours, they blend well and look slick and cool. Those are my two cents, hopefully I get Quoted or replied ;)

EDIT: And for all you Light Type fans, it looks like you wish could come true, unfortunately.

I'll quote you! haha. But yes, I agree with your legendary idea

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pfft, Light types. Thing is the types are already more or less balanced as-is, and a new type may wreck that, meaning it'd be pretty bad if that happens in the grand scheme of things. The only reason they put in dark and steel types in 2nd gen was because of the huge imbalence for psychic types in gen 1. Plus new types means new Hidden Power (which run on IVs) and other game mechanics probably (like maybe changing how IVs work if they wanted) and new game mechanics such as a new IV system were why GSC couldn't trade with the 3rd gen. Which in essence sucked. =P

I like the names - I see nothing wrong with them nor why they have to be gyms or the such. Logos look nifty too.

Curious still they are for the DS when the 3DS would follow rather soon after though... hmm.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I love the simplicity of the names, plus the Japanese logos look insanely awesome (no doubt ours will fail in comparison). Really looking forward to more info on these.

As to which one I'll get, I generally tend to go for the first game in the title (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond etc) so I guess it would be Black, but considering this is the first time I actually like both of the game titles (my room is black and white, with a bit of red for example), this might be a tough one...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'll totally be getting black... from the very beginning my broher and I have always got the opposite of things (I tend to get the one that is more evil or feminine). We both want Black though... but I,m gonna win this and make him get White... this is how its always gone:

I got Red he got Blue
    I got Gold he got Silver
    I got Ruby he got Sapphire
    I got Pearl he got Diamond

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • Please be this when in comes out in English! I can't bare the thought of what the media would do to the names "Black and White" :( Obsidian and Quartz FTW! And am I the only one who likes the gem theme?

somewhere i Heard it was like a reset like ruby so what better than to go back to the roots with colours/colors

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Here's my (very bad) attempt at making English logos:

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Haha

I think Legendary wise (and mascot), I think it'll be something along the lines of Yin and Yang. Adding to that, I think it would make sense introducing a Light type, but purely because it works well against a Dark type (something I think Black's mascot will be). But introducing a new type could throw everything off, so I really have no idea what types they'll be really.

Years
  • Well, they could have the third installment on the 3DS, similar to what they did with G/S/C. They made Gold and Silver on the Gameboy, but they made Crystal exclusivly on the Gameboy Colour.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    @Cjdamon042 those logos are nice... kinda of gives a future vibe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back