• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I think it's more of an elemental thing. They're base Pokémon, so it makes sense to use base elements.
    The #1 thing on my wish-list for these gamed is just originality. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of picking the grass/fire/water starter, beating the 8 gyms, stopping the evil team, grinding for the E4, then heading to the truly exciting Battle Tower. :/

Mix it up a bit, please! ._.

so? neither can Remoraid and Magikarp. And a dolphin is a mammal so it would work.
    If you haven't noticed, those aren't starters. :x

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The #1 thing on my wish-list for these gamed is just originality. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of picking the grass/fire/water starter, beating the 8 gyms, stopping the evil team, grinding for the E4, then heading to the truly exciting Battle Tower. :/

I agree completely. It's the same game with different characters and everything and after a while that gets very boring. I'm interested to know if they're finally going to make a different style of gameplay than the norm as well.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Hmm, I definitely wasn't expecting the new games to look like this.... They've really worked on the 3-D. From the screenshots so far, it sort of bugs me that they look sort of dark, kind of like Colosseum, I think, where the cities always looked pretty dark. And the trainers.... They're not the best looking one's, to say the least! xD

Anyway, the battle style seems cool, I'm wondering if you can see Zoroark's full body only in an attack, and if it'd be half when not attacking....

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I agree with Patchisou Yotohru in saying that the starters aren't a problem for me. I've always liked the current combination that we have and I do think that they are original. Also, they're classed in the game as rare Pokemon and the game makers want you first one to be rare and a bit special.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Hmm, I definitely wasn't expecting the new games to look like this.... They've really worked on the 3-D. From the screenshots so far, it sort of bugs me that they look sort of dark, kind of like Colosseum, I think, where the cities always looked pretty dark. And the trainers.... They're not the best looking one's, to say the least! xD

Anyway, the battle style seems cool, I'm wondering if you can see Zoroark's full body only in an attack, and if it'd be half when not attacking....

That's the same thing I thought about the cityscape. Something about it just feels "cold" to me. Needs to be brighter. Could also just be the picture quality though.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • who cares about the starters, as long as the make the other pokemon well rounded and awesome i'll be happy. would you rather they spend time developing 3 pokemon or 100 or however many there are going to be?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The #1 thing on my wish-list for these gamed is just originality. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of picking the grass/fire/water starter, beating the 8 gyms, stopping the evil team, grinding for the E4, then heading to the truly exciting Battle Tower. :/

If you haven't noticed, those aren't starters. :x
    does it really matter? Either way I wouldnt mind. The fire-grass-water starter thing is a tradition in pokemon games. I rather not have them screw that up. And usually the grass starters are the best grass pokemon out there (when fully evolved of course). All the others are kinda bleh....

It would really tick me off if GF didnt have the option of having a good grass starter in the game.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Hmm, I definitely wasn't expecting the new games to look like this.... They've really worked on the 3-D. From the screenshots so far, it sort of bugs me that they look sort of dark, kind of like Colosseum, I think, where the cities always looked pretty dark. And the trainers.... They're not the best looking one's, to say the least! xD

Have you thought that maybe the City is meant to be Dark?
    It's probably meant to be symbolical in a way

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    That's the same thing I thought about the cityscape. Something about it just feels "cold" to me. Needs to be brighter. Could also just be the picture quality though.
    That's my opinion on the scans (the picture quality). If they are darker, that would prove to be interesting in gaming experience, though, and would really add to the impact of the game than just they typical Pokémon adventure considering that it's probably darker for a reason. If they add some Colosseum features, though, that would be interesting as well. As long as it isn't some criminal organization or anything that's behind it. That would be boring. The only interesting antagonist team was Cipher.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • That's the same thing I thought about the cityscape. Something about it just feels "cold" to me. Needs to be brighter. Could also just be the picture quality though.

I sure hope that's the case. Or unless the city in general is just like that. Hopefully the other areas in the game will not be so dark.

Oh, and for the starters, I always thought'd be cool to have Dark/Psychic/Fighting types for starters. I think that would work great for this game! Though I don't mind sticking with Water/Fire/Grass.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Dolphins can walk, have you ever seen The Simpsons :P

I am kinda hoping that these games will be the complete overhaul that's been rumoured, the base colour names seem to suggest it, so you never know

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Have you thought that maybe the City is meant to be Dark?
    It's probably meant to be symbolical in a way
    Evil team anyone? That city screenshot kinda reminds me of Veilstone City. It was isolated with rocks and it felt kinda cold. And The evil Team's lair was in Veilstone too.

To me Big City = perfect place for an evil team to nest.

Hoenn's Lilycove is a different story xDD

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Dolphins can walk, have you ever seen The Simpsons :P

I am kinda hoping that these games will be the complete overhaul that's been rumoured, the base colour names seem to suggest it, so you never know
    The only thing the names suggest to me is back to the basics, which would be nice. But based on what I've seen in the graphics, they're not going back to the basics at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Evil team anyone? That city screenshot kinda reminds me of Veilstone City. It was isolated with rocks and it felt kinda cold. And The evil Team's lair was in Veilstone too.

To me Big City = perfect place for an evil team to nest.

Hoenn's Lilycove is a different story xDD
    No evil teams in this game, please. It's getting old. :(

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • No evil teams in this game, please. It's getting old. :(

an RPG game that includes fighting needs an evil team to fight against, that's like taking away villains from Final Fantasy and other RPG's

every RPG needs a villainous group, even some games that don't seem to have villains actually do.

villains exist in real life, so they exist in games, and this is after all going on a more mature route to draw people back in, so they need villains cause that's what many older people are used to.

what's more satisfying than defeating an evil team whom brings harm to people..and Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

an RPG game that includes fighting needs an evil team to fight against, that's like taking away villains for Final Fantasy and other RPG's

every RPG needs a villainous group, even some games that don't seem to have villains actually do.
    RPG games don't need an evil team to fight against, though it does need something to fight against. I'm not all for criminal organizations looking to dominate the world through Pokémon, which is what every previous generation of criminals did, more or less, through different methods. Controlling time and space, flooding the world, etc. The only criminals that interested me were Cipher and that was due to their use of the Pokémon through shadow Pokémon. They're the only group that did anything different with the Pokémon than just "steal" them physically. They basically perished the Pokémon's souls. If this game uses anything like Colosseum used, then I'll be all for it. If not, no evil team plz. :(

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The only criminals that interested me were Cipher and that was due to their use of the Pokémon through shadow Pokémon. They're the only group that did anything different with the Pokémon than just "steal" them physically. They basically perished the Pokémon's souls. If this game uses anything like Colosseum used, then I'll be all for it. If not, no evil team plz. :(
    I can see what you are getting at. If they do include an evil team I hope that they really spice things up. Betrayel, family, money, secret stuff etc. I dont want them to be pushovers like the previous teams, although I do think that Team Galatic was a step up from Team Rocket. I highly believe that GF can go way above Team Galatic (without overdoing it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back