• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Agreed on the starter thingy.

Maybe you even live in a forest or a route? D:

That could actually be something... Maybe... You father is attacked by a wild Pokémon, and you save him, or something?

WHat's your thoughts?
    Sounds very familiar. I think that was the main plot of a ROM hack I read about. I don't like that idea, but I do like the idea of actually having a father in this game. Gen III aside, there hasn't been any father included in the game, only mentioned.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    oh and one more thing- i think we are all reading a bit too far into this- it's still really early- maybe keep the hype down a bit? all we have is a cave, the pokecenter, a city, and what looks to be the starting town- i think the time we start the crazy speculation is when we get a bit of plot?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    i dont think theyll make a light type. id like that but i doubt they will. i think black and white will be yin and yang. not light and darkness.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    oh and one more thing- i think we are all reading a bit too far into this- it's still really early- maybe keep the hype down a bit? all we have is a cave, the pokecenter, a city, and what looks to be the starting town- i think the time we start the crazy speculation is when we get a bit of plot?
    I disagree. Speculation that brings out discussion is nothing short wonderful. It's kind of surprising to me as a moderator because the most I suspected was what you're basically suggesting. People replying "omfg dats so kool!!!!!!!!!!" is very disappointing. It's good that members are thinking of possible reasons for what those scans look like. It shows intelligence.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • oh and one more thing- i think we are all reading a bit too far into this- it's still really early- maybe keep the hype down a bit? all we have is a cave, the pokecenter, a city, and what looks to be the starting town- i think the time we start the crazy speculation is when we get a bit of plot?

So ... tomorrow ? I can't wait *facepalm* .
    Sooooo, save father idea ? Also really familiar ... RSE anyone (but ut;s prof there >.<) .
    Do you all think there will be Prof. [tree] ? I SWEAR that they woon't stop : Prof., Rival and all that ... I hope to at least change the Prof. Name ... What if we remain outta trees ? .

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Yeah, from what it seems, we may have another pretty generic Pokemon starting city. I dunno why, but I just thought that it would've been cool if they made the starting town like a little neighborhood with roads and houses next-door to each other. A nice suburban community. xD

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014

You said it, it still is early. So there is hardly anything final to talk about. Besides, these crazy ideas are quite amusing to read and imagine (;

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    @Patchisou Yutohru

I would like a darker storyline, but now for GF it is getting harder, Pokemon has always been seen as the game for little kids and they keep trying to get new players on board, but then they also have us hardcore fans that have grown up with Pokemon and want the games to suit our age and what we understand of the world.

Think about it, when you were younger when you fought a Team Rocket member and beat him you were proud of yourself, you just stop a bad man/woman, now its just like meh, your weak, I could beat you with my eyes closed

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yeah, from what it seems, we may have another pretty generic Pokemon starting city. I dunno why, but I just thought that it would've been cool if they made the starting town like a little neighborhood with roads and houses next-door to each other. A nice suburban community. xD
    I'm really hoping for wild Pokémon appearing in towns. Not like they appear in the wild in tall grassy areas, but a wild Pokémon walking around the town that you can go up to, battle, capture, etc.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • OK, everyone who noticed my example: It was just something that I thought could happen on a route. I think it's just as unoriginal as you do...

But hey, do you think these vharacters will be teens? Will we be able to date NPC??? -gnaws on my nails out of hope-

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I'm really hoping for wild Pokémon appearing in towns. Not like they appear in the wild in tall grassy areas, but a wild Pokémon walking around the town that you can go up to, battle, capture, etc.

That's what I think that the Zorua Zoroark battle is about ... it has a city background, for pete's sake ...
    I also hope that we will actually receive more Pokemon from NPCs ... and that the main protagonosits are no longer gay look better than in the Ranger 3 SpinOff .
    We only saw inaccurate OWs ... I want artworks !!
    Also, this thread is growing at an ALARMANT pace lol ! ;)

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I'm really hoping for wild Pokémon appearing in towns. Not like they appear in the wild in tall grassy areas, but a wild Pokémon walking around the town that you can go up to, battle, capture, etc.

Yeah! I always thought that that would be a good idea. I don't know about being able to go up to Pokemon to fight, like they'd visibly be walking around, but at least have grass patches in towns at least, stuff like that.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • As much as I doubt what I'm about to say, I really hope that that isn't the starting town. It looks like a fusion between every other town we've had so far. Above all, it looks like it's going to be a small town compared to others, and I would have really liked the starting town to be a town that's more so of a city than everything. Especially after seeing other scans. :(
    It has always questioned me on why a person couldn't start off in a larger city. It doesn't have to be a main city in the game, but it doesn't have to be a small town either. It's just that not all beginning trainers come from a small, little town, so why should we all the time? This is something I would be interested seeing changed, but I doubt it would happen considering the image given and noting how it looks very much like the starting town. :\

Speculation is built upon speculation. Even with a few images, you can learn a lot. "A picture is worth a thousand words." Cliché, but true. It's obvious to know that people would go off in discussion about a new generation, even with little information. Put it this way, discussion about a 5th Generation has been made even before 5th Generation was confirmed. Plus, it's interesting reading the many ideas people have. I at least think a lot of them are even possible this time around, or for the very least interesting.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • That's what I think that the Zorua Zoroark battle is about ... it has a city background, for pete's sake ...
    I also hope that we will actually receive more Pokemon from NPCs ... and that the main protagonosits are no longer gay look better than in the Ranger 3 SpinOff .
    There have been other battles in the city. Who's to say that Zorua is wild? It could be a trainer battle, or an encounter with an evil team - like the Galactic battle in Jubilife city in Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yeah! I always thought that that would be a good idea. I don't know about being able to go up to Pokemon to fight, like they'd visibly be walking around, but at least have grass patches in towns at least, stuff like that.
    Having a wild Pokémon walking around outside of patches of grass would make a more interesting game. There's no way wild Pokémon, logically speaking, are confined to small patches of grass. The idea of having them being able to enter cities just makes it more interesting for me. I don't think it'll happen, as much as I would like, but the idea of having patches of grass in a town seems like something that could.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    That's what I think that the Zorua Zoroark battle is about ... it has a city background, for pete's sake ...

If you remember in D/P/Pt you and Dawn fight a Team Galactic Member in Jubilife city could be something along those lines, kinda hope not

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I don't like walking up to Pkmn NPCs and battling them. Just no.

But I really can't wait for this stuff! I want artwork! And the protagonists need to be teens! Please, GF!!!
    I've always wanted to date a Gym Leader... Or atleast someone in the game. That would be cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't like walking up to Pkmn NPCs and battling them. Just no.

But I really can't wait for this stuff! I want artwork! And the protagonists need to be teens! Please, GF!!!
    I've always wanted to date a Gym Leader... Or atleast someone in the game. That would be cool.
    I'm inclined to know why you don't like the idea of walking up to a wild Pokemon.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • It has always questioned me on why a person couldn't start off in a larger city. It doesn't have to be a main city in the game, but it doesn't have to be a small town either. It's just that not all beginning trainers come from a small, little town, so why should we all the time? This is something I would be interested seeing changed, but I doubt it would happen considering the image given and noting how it looks very much like the starting town.

Yes! That's exactly how I feel! For once we should be able to begin in a city, instead of the usual small town. I think it would make the new games even more unique than they already seem. Even though the image is probably the starting town, until we get more info, I suppose we don't know for sure!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back