• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
  • Hmm, I wonder, since VS Mugshot sprites have now become part of the Pokemon series, do you think we'll get 1/2 body VS sprites, so that the character is visible from the waist up? I think that would be pretty neat.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I am really looking forward to some more useful Ghost Types... and I had this idea a while back about a Knight Armor based Ghost/Steel type named Knieerie, I would love to see something like that. Would be an actual Physical Ghost-Type.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I am really looking forward to some more useful Ghost Types... and I had this idea a while back about a Knight Armor based Ghost/Steel type named Knieerie, I would love to see something like that. Would be an actual Physical Ghost-Type.
    Like one of those medieval suits of armor in old houses/mansions etc., and its haunted by a ghost? :O

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    So looking at the screenshots on the site, I guess it's safe to say that the camera does pan in battles? The background image isn't as "clean" as it has been before and also the sprites have been resized. So I'm assuming there's a pseudo 3D effect going on here where the camera "pans" around and there are multiple sprites for different angles that get resized according to their position from the camera.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

That and hopefully a powerful Ghost type move that any Ghost Pokemon can learn. Shadow Force is awesome, but it blows that only Giratina can learn it.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That and hopefully a powerful Ghost type move that any Ghost Pokemon can learn. Shadow Force is awesome, but it blows that only Giratina can learn it.

Umm, moves like Shadow Force are not that great for competitive play though... but yeah, more strong Ghost type move would be great. And I think the should be a weather effect for Poison Types (<33) Acid Rain anyone?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Maybe we'll get an electric weather effect from that cave, say Magnetic Field, paralyses all non-electric/rock/ground types in the party. (reminds me of that cave from Final Fantasy IV)

Nintengod

Elite Battler &amp; Contest Master
    Years

• Umm, moves like Shadow Force are not that great for competitive play though... but yeah, more strong Ghost type move would be great. And I think the should be a weather effect for Poison Types (<33) Acid Rain anyone?

They have that in duel monsters too...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

• Umm, moves like Shadow Force are not that great for competitive play though... but yeah, more strong Ghost type move would be great. And I think the should be a weather effect for Poison Types (<33) Acid Rain anyone?
    Too "watery". I prefer something like the Smog, back from the original Ranger. <3

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh yeah! That's even more unique than my suggestion. Smog can take down health every round like hail and maybe heal certain Poison types with a corresponding ability.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Acid Rain could could corrode Steel Types, giving it a 2x weakness to it, and also giving Poison some type of advantage over Steel.

Edit: Sounds like an awesome ability of some sort of Poison Type Legendary...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    A poison legendary sounds cool. I'm getting sick of fire, ice, lightning, water, rock and psychic legendaries.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Oh, and just to get some oldies started again, thatwill never be finished speculating about:

Moar Fire types, gen 4 had like one or two (not counting starter), and none before national dex D:
    Dating NPC~
    Customizable Trainer card, on PC perhaps?
    Good evos... I like evos, as long as they're good (which Lickylicky, Tangrowth and Rhyperior wasn't)

Hee hee, this should get you guys started :D

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Acid rain will be the best thing everr !!!..it will officially be my favorite gen. if they introduce it...and maybe a drought/drizzle like ability to summon acid rain...awesome !!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I can also imagine a wasp line this time around, better than Beedrill

Squittle - A round fat swuishy caterpillar Pokemon
    Shellcoon - Black round hard shell caccoon Pokemon
    Waspenom - Black wasp thingy :P

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • I am really looking forward to some more useful Ghost Types... and I had this idea a while back about a Knight Armor based Ghost/Steel type named Knieerie, I would love to see something like that. Would be an actual Physical Ghost-Type.

I had a similar idea to yours, Ghost/Steel; called them Sketal (Skeleton + Metal, also a shortened 'Skeletal') and Skulrac (pretty obvious, Skull Rack sounds damn cool ^^). Evolves normally at lvl 28.
    Will upload them at some point (I have sketches) but in the pkmn idea thread (if you guys want me to : ) ).

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    Hmm, imagine the dating NPC-thing... What would you be able to do? Battle against/with each other? Go on "missions"? Giving/Getting gifts? Will there be a story behind it? What are the benefits?
    Just wondering about the idea a bit... (I like it btw xD)

Years

Dude, that move had been in my head for like.. years

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Hmm, imagine the dating NPC-thing... What would you be able to do? Battle against/with each other? Go on "missions"? Giving/Getting gifts? Will there be a story behind it? What are the benefits?
    Just wondering about the idea a bit... (I like it btw xD)
    Ten year olds don't tend to have serious relationships like this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back