• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Okay Pokemon has seriously run out of ideas since Gen II, so this Gen IV should really start getting creative if they want to keep their fans happy. They need to really overhaul things, and add stuff like:

- Expand on the HG/SS following mechanic, like showing the ACTUAL Pokemon when surfing, rock climbing or flying (come on we are living in 2010, a dark blue whale thingy just doesn't cut it now)

- New types (Gen 2 did, why can't Gen 5?)

- Similar to the Underground, players in the vicinity should appear on your screen in towns, Poke centers, etc. in real time (a maximum of like 5 maybe), and add huge Wi-Fi zones where you can be with other players and see them in real time on your screen

- Triple/Quadruple battles now, the Pokemon should be able to fit now judging by the new battle screen

- Since the backsprite now shows the whole body, there's no reason Fly should transform them into a "blue bubble", they should show the actual sprite flying up, same with moves like Dig, or Tackle, Quick Attack, etc. they can all show the Pokemon actually tunneling underground or charging at the Opponent.

- Screw the "kiddies" and make the Game Corner an ACTUAL gaming place, not just the Voltorb Flip. There should be slots, blackjack tables (of course you could make it a little kiddie and age appropriate by making it like Pikachujack or something), poker tables, chips, all that stuff. What, it's exposing kiddies to gambling? They are 99.9% going to gamble anyway at least once in their life (other than religion/culture restrictions) and there is no harm in adding a little gambling into a game, it only teaches the players how to be wise with money and make the right decisions.

- New HM's please. Defog was just lame and showed no imagination. Bringing back Dive would be nice, and they could expand fly to let the user choose whether to fly straight to the town or to soar up into the clouds and simulate a Dive Underwater kind of thing, you're flying high up and can encounter Pokemon in the clouds, find items but also reach your destination in a much safer way than if you did it on foot.

- Pokemon regions are really getting repetitive, it's just Grass, Mountain, Cave and maybe Snow. They need to go all out, add beaches, islands, volcanoes, scarred land, vast deserts, snowy wastelands with icebergs and glaciers, PROPER forests that are huge with towering trees and are difficult to navigate, all these things would spice up the gameplay.

- The day/night cycle is getting on my nerves now, night-time is just a blue version of the daytime. They need to properly make you feel like you're in the dark, like make it DARK DARK DARK blue, bordering on black, and the only light should be from street lights, or your Pokemon that knows flash. Then maybe Flash would have a use outside of caves.

Years
    Don't under-estimate Pokemon and Tajiri-san dude, they will rock your socks.
    Satoshi Tajiri stopped being the director once RSE started, Junichi Masuda is the current director (He was also the sub-director in GSC). Satoshi's just a producer now who supervises and approves text.

In other words, he doesn't control the franchise too much anymore but makes sure that the games are true to the original concept.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I just looked at the hi-res pics. My god, Zorua is ugly. O_O

What the heck is that thing on cycling road? Is that some kind of robot chasing that poor child or something? I guess it really was something to speculate. XD

lol it does look like a robot. I was thinking maybe some sort of hovering scooter. :0

And I really do hope that Zorua sprite is just a beta, because it is ugly as hell.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I don't know about you guys but the 3-d looks awesome, cant wait to roam around the new world with everything popping out at me.

Okay Pokemon has seriously run out of ideas since Gen II, so this Gen IV should really start getting creative if they want to keep their fans happy. They need to really overhaul things, and add stuff like:

- Expand on the HG/SS following mechanic, like showing the ACTUAL Pokemon when surfing, rock climbing or flying (come on we are living in 2010, a dark blue whale thingy just doesn't cut it now)

- New types (Gen 2 did, why can't Gen 5?)

- Similar to the Underground, players in the vicinity should appear on your screen in towns, Poke centers, etc. in real time (a maximum of like 5 maybe), and add huge Wi-Fi zones where you can be with other players and see them in real time on your screen

- Triple/Quadruple battles now, the Pokemon should be able to fit now judging by the new battle screen

- Since the backsprite now shows the whole body, there's no reason Fly should transform them into a "blue bubble", they should show the actual sprite flying up, same with moves like Dig, or Tackle, Quick Attack, etc. they can all show the Pokemon actually tunneling underground or charging at the Opponent.

- Screw the "kiddies" and make the Game Corner an ACTUAL gaming place, not just the Voltorb Flip. There should be slots, blackjack tables (of course you could make it a little kiddie and age appropriate by making it like Pikachujack or something), poker tables, chips, all that stuff. What, it's exposing kiddies to gambling? They are 99.9% going to gamble anyway at least once in their life (other than religion/culture restrictions) and there is no harm in adding a little gambling into a game, it only teaches the players how to be wise with money and make the right decisions.

- New HM's please. Defog was just lame and showed no imagination. Bringing back Dive would be nice, and they could expand fly to let the user choose whether to fly straight to the town or to soar up into the clouds and simulate a Dive Underwater kind of thing, you're flying high up and can encounter Pokemon in the clouds, find items but also reach your destination in a much safer way than if you did it on foot.

- Pokemon regions are really getting repetitive, it's just Grass, Mountain, Cave and maybe Snow. They need to go all out, add beaches, islands, volcanoes, scarred land, vast deserts, snowy wastelands with icebergs and glaciers, PROPER forests that are huge with towering trees and are difficult to navigate, all these things would spice up the gameplay.

- The day/night cycle is getting on my nerves now, night-time is just a blue version of the daytime. They need to properly make you feel like you're in the dark, like make it DARK DARK DARK blue, bordering on black, and the only light should be from street lights, or your Pokemon that knows flash. Then maybe Flash would have a use outside of caves.

Now you're just trying to make a kids game more grown up

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    In some he is, but mostly he's not. Like the landscapes, I agree. It's beginning to get repetitive, we need more originality.
    Well japan has limited terrain it goes from cold to the North ( Sinnoh) to tropical (Hoenn) the rest has a climate in between so unless they change the country I wouldn't expect much other than a new dessert route and Ice covered route. I wish they would do South Korea I would like to visit a big city like Seoul . Those who want a dessert region should pick a region based in a part western China(gobi dessert) or Egypt.

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
    Well japan has limited terrain it goes from cold to the North ( Sinnoh) to tropical (Hoenn) the rest has a climate in between so unless they change the country I wouldn't expect much other than a new dessert route and Ice covered route. I wish they would do South Korea I would like to visit a big city like Seoul . Those who want a dessert region should pick a region based in a part western China(gobi dessert) or Egypt.

I Still say they give us a Rainforest Covered in New Bug and Poisen and Grass Types :D!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I Still say they give us a Rainforest Covered in New Bug and Poisen and Grass Types :D!
    Well we did have a simi rainforest in Hoenn so I don't see why not have Another one,
    In which we can capture new and cooler bug, grass, and poison Pokémon:). The forest though would fit better in the region north of hoenn and south of Johto ( see a map of japan). I want the region to have big glaciers that would block off some parts then we would need a new Ice type Hm:nervous:, maybe the ice version of rock climb, Ice climb…
    What the starters are going to be anounce tomorrow... but most of us wanted to wait for june until they got revealed... maybe some of us used reverse psycology

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I really want a Jynx evo...Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx are like my starter Pokemon so yeah...I don't think the Zorua sprite looks bad...I think you mean Zorark...cuz he looks bad...

Change every moveset and double the number of attacks plz and increase level cap maybe...

Hopefully there isn't a Bidoof like Pokemon...odds are there will be and I'll hate it like Bidoof...

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I really want a Jynx evo...Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx are like my starter Pokemon so yeah...I don't think the Zorua sprite looks bad...I think you mean Zorark...cuz he looks bad...

Change every moveset and double the number of attacks plz and increase level cap maybe...

Hopefully there isn't a Bidoof like Pokemon...odds are there will be and I'll hate it like Bidoof...

Unless there's like 500 gyms, I hope they dont raise the cap. Getting to 100 is already hard enough, especially if you are EV training.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    The hugh resolution pictures aren't too bad. I do agree with whoever said that the Zorua sprite looks ugly - it really does and I hope it is just a beta sprite. Otherwise, nicer screens - I'm still wondering what that car is for. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back