• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I think there'll be two main legendaries, one white and another black. That's kinda obvious. But I wonder what animal they'll be based off of? They've done cat things, birds, dragons, dogs, and whatever was going on in Hoenn. I can't think of anything that wouldn't be similar. Lions and tigers are essentially cats, and they'd probably look like Raikou and co. A legendary lizard would be a dragon, and birds are birds. They haven't done bear legendaries, but I couldn't see that happening.
    Oh my,
    Any thoughts? (:
    Hoenn was hebrew mythology, that's what was going on, lol, they are the only ones really directly based on a myth i think. They could always make Humanoid legendaries... but some won't like that but i think they are going to be Dragon for Black, yay a Black dragon, but it won't be part dark though because yang means good despite what westerners might think, and the white Legendary would be a White tiger, yay white tiger, it could be Steel/dark because now yin represent's darkness...
    I have been thinking... the third version could be pokemon Jade if they are going for a chinese them this time, Generation 1 was more or less science, Generation two was more Japanese, Generation 3 was without a doubt Jewish, Generation 4 was again japanese, so Generation 5 might be Chinese. The third legend might be based on the Jade emperor...

16 days for CoroCoro to come out.
    nope, it's 15 isn't it , it comes out may 15 and todays the 30th of april so it's 15.

Last edited:

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Hoenn was hebrew mythology, that's what was going on, lol, they are the only ones really directly based on a myth i think. They could always make Humanoid legendaries... but some won't like that but i think they are going to be Dragon for Black, yay a Black dragon, but it won't be part dark though because yang means good despite what westerners might think, and the white Legendary would be a White tiger, yay white tiger, it could be Steel/dark because now yin represent's darkness...
    I have been thinking... the third version could be pokemon Jade if they are going for a chinese them this time, Generation 1 was more or less science, Generation two was more Japanese, Generation 3 was without a doubt Jewish, Generation 4 was again japanese, so Generation 5 might be Chinese. The third legend might be based on the Jade emperor...

nope, it's 15 isn't it , it comes out may 15 and todays the 30th of april so it's 15.

i seeee-
    Starters
    Main Trainers
    Region Name
    EDIT:
    oh, new pokemon next week? sweetness

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What If there is another pokemon whose form depends on night and day, who is evil during the night and takes on a black forme and in the day takes on a white forme?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I think that'd be reversed, if following the Yin-Yang theme. Also, I don't think Jade will be the third version. Why? Because it would deter from the theme, which this time is color, and or, the absense of it. Gray is most likely going to be the third version. It'd only make sense because White is the purest of light (color), Black is the absense of color, and Gray is the neutral of color.

Years
  • I think that'd be reversed, if following the Yin-Yang theme. Also, I don't think Jade will be the third version. Why? Because it would deter from the theme, which this time is color, and or, the absense of it. Gray is most likely going to be the third version. It'd only make sense because White is the purest of light (color), Black is the absense of color, and Gray is the neutral of color.
    Well they could also called it pokemon Violetred or Altrared because Violet red is also a color but it can be seen by the human eye, what did you guys all think humans could see all the colors in this world well no in a way we are technically partially color blind, birds an the other hand can see them... wait the thrid version mascot could be a bird as their is a special type of phoenix (whose name i'm too lacy to look up) is seen as the female opposite to the dragon.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That sounds good, and if it held a it's hold item, the Balance Orb it would remain in it's original forme, and it's special ability could be changing the time of day... And would be able to manipulate moves and abilities that depend on the type of day, like Moonlight, Cherrim, and Shaymin( if it could make Skymin change back I'd consider that an amazing advantage)

Years
  • New Pokemon reveal for Pokemon Sunday may mean more than one Pokemon as Pokemon as a word is both singular and plural. I'm, hoping for starters.

Years
  • Me too, An-san me too, i want a Doggy starter and would name it after me as i was born in the year of the Dog (1994).
    I got typed 300 posts already in 20 days, wow i post a lot, i decerve a Emblem for so many post in such short time.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Me too, An-san me too, i want a Doggy starter and would name it after me as i was born in the year of the Dog (1994).
    I got typed 300 posts already in 20 days, wow i post a lot, i decerve a Emblem for so many post in such short time.

I had that many posts in like three days...
    Anyone like my idea for a balance pokemon?

Years
  • yeah i like your idea of a balance pokemon, Haza. I wish we could capture both legendaries like in GSCHGSS.
    I just finish checking that Phonix name and it's called the Fenghuang, it's also what Ho-oh is based on but they could always make another, any ways it says that it signifies the balance between yin and Yang.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When I imagine a Pokemon to represent balance I see it being similar to Lucario, not being to small or too large. Not casing destruction but will also defend itself. And would have two sides if the balance is ever tilted (if it is ever parted fro. It's held item...) omg, I think this is the best Pokemon idea I have ever had.

Years
  • When I imagine a Pokemon to represent balance I see it being similar to Lucario, not being to small or too large. Not casing destruction but will also defend itself. And would have two sides if the balance is ever tilted (if it is ever parted fro. It's held item...) omg, I think this is the best Pokemon idea I have ever had.
    um, What type of Balance though the balance between Time and space, timespace and Antimatter, Land and Sea, Sea and Sky, Land and Sky,ect. because the balance has shifted radically in the pokemon world in these past two gens. So it must have changed a lot due to the inbalance between Timespace and the Distortion world and the inbalance between Sea and land.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Darkness and light, or rather chaos and peace... I thought if was obvious with the night and day formes.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Id like to see a type of "Rare Forms" like spikey eared pichu. Sort of shiny except changes the physical apperence. Maybe with a stat boost that goes with it but thats not essential.

Years
  • I agree with whoever liked the dog starter. I too was born in 94, so I'd love it. I mean, you shouldn't nickname legendaries, except for make them grammatically correct, and, well, none of my games contain Growlithe, and Poochyena/Mightyena aren't useable enough in R/S due to the complicated typing and physical/special system.

I really think we need to see Ninetales receiving a better movepool. The poor thing is basically Arcanine's opposite (both fire, never obtainable in the same game, both evolve with Fire Stone), but sadly it hasn't got anything like the moves.

A Luvdisc evolution? And an ugly Feebas evo?(max. out it's toughness??).

I could actually see Milotic being a version mascot, seeing as it represents peace, according to these Bulbapedia quotations:

"Milotic is a peaceful Pokémon that typically tries to avoid battles. It appears to dislike conflict, and will even appear before arguing humans in an attempt to calm their minds. It is a historically significant Pokémon, and has been depicted in many works of art."

"Milotic have the ability to calm their enemies by removing their negative feelings,"

Also:

"Milotic are divinely rare. They live at the bottom of large lakes."

So, saying it is historically significant, could mean there is a special one (a special move, or an always-shiny one, like the Red Gyarados?), and the region could be north-east of Johto, where there's the huge Biwa Lake?

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • I want a starter they haven't done, and I'll be happy. So if everyone wants a dog, I want a pig*. I can't really see a water, grass, or fire pig, though. Maybe a fire boar kind of thing, with tribal marking things. Or a bear, but that doesn't lend itself to many typings, either. I also like a jellyfish or dolphin for water types, but I can't really think of any evolutions. Oh, and I don't think there's been a cat starter? Probably has, I'm just forgetful.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • I want a starter they haven't done, and I'll be happy. So if everyone wants a dog, I want a pig*. I can't really see a water, grass, or fire pig, though. Maybe a fire boar kind of thing, with tribal marking things. Or a bear, but that doesn't lend itself to many typings, either. I also like a jellyfish or dolphin for water types, but I can't really think of any evolutions. Oh, and I don't think there's been a cat starter? Probably has, I'm just forgetful.

spoink+mankey?

25 character limit

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back