• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah that's another thing, I love Mt. Silver and Mt. Mortar but please, give us one generation off, please don't give us another huge, important mountain. I want to scale the insides of a valley or cliffs or something instead of climbing another mountain. The cliff route in HGSS is pretty awesome and visually stunning!!

Very true, Pipvoda about the starters. Though I've never thought of any of those as scary. :P Now that I think of it, the gen. IV starters were way more mean looking than previous generations. (final evos)

a new physical feature would be nice. maybe a bigger desert to go through (like in orre)? For some reason I'm obsessed with that region. Now if we had a huge desert then that would mean more rock/ground types and maybe even more fire types too.

or the new region could be further up North and have huge ice bergs in it. something other than mountains! Can't really blame them for sticking with mountains though.. They're everywhere! And Japan is pretty mountainous in its interior, so as long as the regions are based off of Japan then I expect some mountains to be in them.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • OMG !!...i missed the reveal...anyways..the left one is pure WIN...i'm getting it no matter what type it is ..

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • a new physical feature would be nice. maybe a bigger desert to go through (like in orre)? For some reason I'm obsessed with that region. Now if we had a huge desert then that would mean more rock/ground types and maybe even more fire types too.

or the new region could be further up North and have huge ice bergs in it. something other than mountains! Can't really blame them for sticking with mountains though.. They're everywhere! And Japan is pretty mountainous in its interior, so as long as the regions are based off of Japan then I expect some mountains to be in them.

Yeah I was thinking Shikoku which itself is fairly tropical/warm, between Hoenn and Johto. Don't know about cliffs an desserts but they can add those in!! But if it's a dessert I'd rather it not have sandstorm everywhere and be fairly up and down as if it had sand dunes. Spiratic sandstorms would be awesome!! But not constant...

Night Magma.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    we only have to wait like a few days for them to come out so we should wait and see what the starters are, well good night.

night and wow I just realied that I've made over 100 posts in this thread today..talk about having a life, lol.

it's 1:11 here, so I guess I better hit the hay (and bleach is already over too sooo).

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Am I the only one who sees a bunny with a pigs tail as the top one?

I do not see leaves, I see ears.

I see leaves on the left one. ._.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah I was thinking Shikoku which itself is fairly tropical/warm, between Hoenn and Johto. Don't know about cliffs an desserts but they can add those in!! But if it's a dessert I'd rather it not have sandstorm everywhere and be fairly up and down as if it had sand dunes. Spiratic sandstorms would be awesome!! But not constant...

the sandstorms was the only thing I hated about hoenn's mini-desert. they could have sand dunes that have hardened over time and have entry ways in them, leading to other parts of the desert and so on..if that makes any sense. if not a desert then a tropical forest with a huge tree in it.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • night and wow I just realied that I've made over 100 posts in this thread today..talk about having a life, lol.

it's 1:11 here, so I guess I better hit the hay (and bleach is already over too sooo).

Haha I remember when I had like 40 more posts in this thread than the last person, and now Magma has 200+ more posts than I do. All well, I consider time in here time well spent and (besides that stupid light type, no one say anything!!) I hope GF has a represenative in this thread. :P I can dream can't I. :P

Night, and that reminds me, customizable characters so I can give my guy orange hair!! (too match my own!!)

the sandstorms was the only thing I hated about hoenn's mini-desert. they could have sand dunes that have hardened over time and have entry ways in them, leading to other parts of the desert and so on..if that makes any sense. if not a desert then a tropical forest with a huge tree in it.

I know, I'm training my unevolved monowater type team there and Sandshrew's Sand Veil keeps messing with me!! But Yeah that right there just sounds so freaking awesome!! Like if the dents in the wall where you make your base acually lead somewhere!! That and there's randomly a Sandstorm within a rock cropping despite it being in no way semetrical and kind of random. Secret passages in sand dunes sound awesome though, and great for the new spin off game, Pokemon: Espionage!! :P

Last edited:

Mujahid

Years
  • Someone posted this on pokebeach forums
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

LEFT SILHOUETTE-

RED BOX - Tiny notch, indicating that this is a beak, and not the back of a head.

GREY BOX - Feathered hand, not webbed or fingered.

WHITE BOXES - Feet resemble water-fowl (like duck/swan)

PINK BOX - All three shapes have a round bottom, indicating leaves, and not fire.

OTHER - Shape of body is duck-like.

FINAL CALL - A Leaf Duck

MIDDLE SILHOUETTE-

ORANGE BOXES - Ears very small.

YELLOW BOXES - Flipper like appendages.

BROWN BOX - Rudder like tail.

OTHER - Buoy like collar

FINAL CALL - A Water Otter

RIGHT SILHOUETTE -

LIGHT BLUE BOX - Rabbit like ears

DARK BLUE BOX - Curly tail

PURPLE BOXES - Indicate hooves

OTHER - Rounded body and piglike snout.

FINAL CALL - A fire rabit-Pig

WOW,,,i kinda agree with him...yr thoughts ??

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Close, but let's be logical. Two starters can't be water.

The tail does give away that the left one is a grass type. If you look at the tail of the middle one, it's a beaver like tail. IS THIS FINALLY THE EFFING PLATYPUSMON I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR A WHILE?!.... er... *cough*...yeah...

As for the right one, I have nothing to say but this:

Spoiler:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The Pokebeach quote indicated the left one was a leaf duck and the middle one was an odder of some sort. That is illogical to the types.

Mujahid

Years
  • a fire chick ?...a fire salamander ? a fire monkey ? an electric squirrel ? so why not a grass duck ?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I've just seen the silhouettes and they're not bad. They definetley have the 'cute' appeal to them which most first stage starters should. I also hope that they have different type matchups. As much as I love 'pure' types for starters, I do think that having different type matchups makes them more interesting. I can't wait for the Coro Coro leaks.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    I've just seen the silhouettes and they're not bad. They definetley have the 'cute' appeal to them which most first stage starters should. I also hope that they have different type matchups. As much as I love 'pure' types for starters, I do think that having different type matchups makes them more interesting. I can't wait for the Coro Coro leaks.

That's pretty much how I feel about them too.

I haven't really liked a complete set of starters since the third generation. :\

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If it is index a duck it does not mean it has to also have water typing... Grass/Flying seems fitting

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Just browsed through 8 pages...

My thoughts:
    Grass Fire Water
    ← ↑ →

And that's the PokeDex order as well.

And that PokeBeach guy said it perfectly. Grass bird, Fire Hog (the Lion will have to be in Gen 6 :() Water Otter :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back