• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yeah that's another thing, I love Mt. Silver and Mt. Mortar but please, give us one generation off, please don't give us another huge, important mountain. I want to scale the insides of a valley or cliffs or something instead of climbing another mountain. The cliff route in HGSS is pretty awesome and visually stunning!!

A bit delayed, but damn do I agree with this. I'm tired of going up mountains and stuff. I'd love to see maybe a huuuuuuge tree-like structure! Kind of like in that Pokemon movie with Lucario.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • It's been pointed out many a time how the tail has to be leaves, as there really isn't any other explanation, unless it were like, a peacock.

The Edges are too defined to be flame.

or, they could pull a charmander/torchic rip and have a freaky flame tail design, but,
    I perfer it be the grass type.

The last slighty interesting grass starter has been chikorita.
    (No offence to Treecko and Turtwig).

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Here's my insights:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

I'm really hoping I'm wrong with the way I've put the fire and water starters. Especially as Piplup had a similar body shape as to what I think is the water.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • Here's my insights:

I'm really hoping I'm wrong with the way I've put the fire and water starters. Especially as Piplup had a similar body shape as to what I think is the water.

Interesting analysis.

I hope your "water" starter is actually the water or fire starter.

However, the hand motion with the turned head [on the grass starter] makes sense, no matter how much I hope it's the other way around. :/

The best interpretation of the "grass" type I've seen, if only it were real ._.

best interpretation of the pig-starter I've seen.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Here's my insights:

^My predictions exactly! I was debating with my friend last night about the sheep-like one on the right too. She thinks with that shape, it would be too much like Piplup and she doubts they would make a similar one.

To be honest when I first heard about the new Fifth Gen coming out, I was excited as ever but I still thought it was too soon. But as soon as I saw those sihloettes yesterday, well... wow, I feel like I can't wait any longer. I'm really excited to see them all. ^^

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Swap the Pigs Color with Red and The Platypus to Brown (with blue shadings) cause a Fire Platypus just seems awkward.I love the Grass one <3

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'm apprehensive to accept these starters into the Pokemon World, they're like newbies, maybe it's because we haven't seen them fully. I think I now actually want the ^one to be Water and the >to be Fire because it's too similar to Piplup and we could have a Fire Bear and Water Hog :D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It's been pointed out many a time how the tail has to be leaves, as there really isn't any other explanation, unless it were like, a peacock.

The Edges are too defined to be flame.

*points at flygon* not grass, enough said.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Watch them throw a curveball, and have it be a Fire peacock (The left one), a water hog, and a grass panda. XD

Flygon's also aren't flames.

Everyone keeps saying they are obviously flames, when they are obviously not :P

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • Okay, maybe we can use our good chinease zodiac as an aid to help us figure out which one is the fire starter, atleast:

Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Dog, Boar

Used:
    Dragon: Charmander line
    Rat: Cyndaquil line
    Rooster: Torchic line
    Monkey: Chimchar line

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    My friend thinks the one on the bottom could be a platipus,which would most likely be the Water starter. I'd go with that because I'd rather not have a pig/boar... ^^;
    But a rabbit would be pretty cool I guess. :)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I think the Starters are this way.
    Spoiler:

so i think we all agree that the far right is the water starter- i'm still torn between the other two though- i think the left is fire, but it also looks like it has a leaf on it's tail- i'm hoping the pig-like one is a grass type though- i want the first mammal grass starter
    EDIT: @WK: those are beast! if they are like that then the region is looking good so far :)
    i don't want to wait, but we'll see the leaks in the next 3 days, right?

Last edited:

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    From the silhouettes I see a:

Charmander bred with a dodo bird, some weird bunny thing, and a deformed Flaaffy.

Oh God...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back