• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I still see a mouse/shrew on the left x___x

As long as the fire starter doesn't lead to Fire/Fighting again then I'll be happy.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I think you guys should read this :\

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218112

Im not sure if hes telling the truth or not but I have something to think about now.

im willin to go out on a leap of faith ^_^
    fire tiger here i come >:D

I don't really like most of them (the pre-chikorita thing looks like a blob >_<) though the one expected to be a pre-evo of lapras or seal looks like it could have been included. I've listed this in March I think, please look at the list of species currently on Earth:
    Vertebrate animals:
    Mammals--5,416
    Reptiles--8,240
    Birds---9,956
    Amphibians--6,199
    Fishs--30,000
    Total: 59,811
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Invertebrate Animals:
    Insects--950,000
    Molluscs--81,000
    Crustaceans--40,000
    Others--130,200
    Tota; 1,203,375
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Plants total: 297,326
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Others:
    Licens--10,000
    Mushrooms--16,000
    Brown algae--2,849
    Total: 28,849
    ::::::::::::::::::::
    Total number of all living species on Earth: 1,589,361

with such a large list of species present on Earth (and this is just discovered), and only 493 pokemon to date, I think if they really wanted to keep pokemon going for a long time..then they'd definitely be able to do so. Though sooner or later there will be too many pokemon to catch! When that happens I suggest they slow it down a little bit, maybe remake some games and possibly introduce an MMORPG. I personally believe they have only scratched the surface for what they could do with pokemon. So many different types of games can be made and so many more new pkmn added to the list that pokemon could beat out mario (or was it zelda?) someday for longest lasting Nintendo series.

https://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Facts/Plants-Animals/number-species.php

thats only 13% of life on earth, your missin countless aquatic animals, insects *cringes*, and who knows wat else that humans hav yet to witness, & several insects id lik to get out of my mind -_-" (this is why i hate bein perpetually curious, i cant say no to my curiosity)

that fake scan with the scorpion, even tho its fake, it you twist the scorpion in a certain position, it does fit just so ya know :P

Last edited:

Mason69

Sleeping...
    Years
  • got a picture of the new starters!!

Spoiler:

You guys should take a look here: https://kotaku.com/5534840/lets-imagine-new-pokemons/gallery/

Pretty interesting.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    It might be my eyes or something but when I look at the Sihlouettes at a certian angle (on serebii) I can kinda make out what they look like.But thats prob.Just me

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope this guy is trolling around... as we will have another water bird but no grass bird... but that's just me...
    I wonder if he knows how they look... why did he not give us their names:\? that has to mean something... i think he should have given us their names atleast or maybe pics...

Steven says this if when he asks you what stone you pick when you get the hoenn starter in HgSs and you decide not to pick one! it''s a great line
    Hope he makes a return this gen... actually Wallance is the only champ not to appear in all generation's after his debut region as Lance and blue show up and all 4 so far,steven in 3 his debut and 4, cynthia doesn't count... but she has appeared in all games in her gen the first since gen 2 lance in GSC and blue in RGBY.
    Well good night guys got to go to school tomorrow.

Cynthia wasn't in HGSS...Lance wasn't in RSE I believe (I haven't played it alot), Blue wasn't in RSE either...wait forgot about FrLg...well Cynthia in all her gen

STARTERS:
    Spoiler:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Cynthia wasn't in HGSS...Lance wasn't in RSE I believe (I haven't played it alot), Blue wasn't in RSE either...wait forgot about FrLg...well Cynthia in all her gen

cynthia is there in HG/SS...arceus event....

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • OK now... I was thinking about the starters. I've been looking at the silhouettes closely... and the first one at the top looks pretty much like as if it's based on a plant eating animal, in other words would be a Grass type.
    As for the second one on the left looks pretty much like it's some sort of Fire type dinosaur or dragon, shaped similar to Charmander, but more with a horn at the front.
    As for the third one looks as if it could be a platypus Water type.

Just remember, nearly every Pokémon is based on an animal. But how they draw them out is when they know like... 'if an animal is very much adapted to plants or something' they make it a grass type.

So yeah, I think we should think about that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    The attachment shows what I think the starters will be.

Haha yeah.

PS: When will the silhouettes be unveiled?

PSS: If the Grass-starter is really a Donkey, my starter will the the grass type, without doubt (;

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Wonder how the evolutions of them will look like... but first we need the Silhouettes first...do you think they will show their evos with the basic starters like they showed Zorua with zoroark and Zoroark was the only one we knew they were going to reveal, maybe they surprise us with the evolution of the starters,sure hope so then i can decide then and now which starter i'm going to get.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    cynthia is there in HG/SS...arceus event....

Oh yeah I forgot all about that gay event xD

OK now... I was thinking about the starters. I've been looking at the silhouettes closely... and the first one at the top looks pretty much like as if it's based on a plant eating animal, in other words would be a Grass type.
    As for the second one on the left looks pretty much like it's some sort of Fire type dinosaur or dragon, shaped similar to Charmander, but more with a horn at the front.
    As for the third one looks as if it could be a platypus Water type.

Just remember, nearly every Pokémon is based on an animal. But how they draw them out is when they know like... 'if an animal is very much adapted to plants or something' they make it a grass type.

So yeah, I think we should think about that.

I can't look at the starters any other way now...Left is a Swan with a scarf now for me(Water)...top is a donkey with a spiral tail(Grass)...and right is a bipedal tiger(Fire)... Can't help but see that now when I try to guess what they are...

STARTERS:
    Spoiler:

I'll put this on the new page because I think most people will miss this...

Last edited:

Mujahid

Years
  • i think the final forms will be
    water(swan) - A crane with psychic powers....water/psychic
    Spoiler:

grass(donkey) - idk..a big donkey ?..what about a quagga ?? grass/gound(no!)/grass/normal ?
    Spoiler:

fire(bipedal tiger) - this should be interesting...a furious puma/tiger or maybe a snow leopard ....fire/ice
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i think the final forms will be
    water(swan) - A crane with psychic powers....water/psychic
    Spoiler:

grass(donkey) - idk..a big donkey ?..what about a quagga ?? grass/gound(no!)/grass/normal ?
    Spoiler:

fire(bipedal tiger) - this should be interesting...a furious puma/tiger or maybe a snow leopard ....fire/ice
    Spoiler:

I dont want Psyduck for a starter...They won't do Grass/Ground after they got flamed for repeating Fire/Fighting...and Bipedal means it would be on its back 2 feet...not all 4...

I think it will be like Water/Flying, Grass/Steel (I Hope), and Fire/Ground or Rock

Mujahid

Years
  • I dont want Psyduck for a starter...
    Psyduck is a platypus with some traits of duck...not a crane or a swan

They won't do Grass/Ground after they got flamed for repeating Fire/Fighting
    That's why i wrote (no!) ....i also don't want grass/ground but what else will suit a donkey(if it's a donkey)

...and Bipedal means it would be on its back 2 feet...not all 4...
    I'm talking about the final evo....it may turn from bipedal to quadrupedal...zorua turns from quadrupedal to bipedal when it evolves ..

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Psyduck is a platypus with some traits of duck...not a crane or a swan

That's why i wrote (no!) ....i also don't want grass/ground but what else will suit a donkey(if it's a donkey)

I'm talking about the final evo....it may turn from bipedal to quadrupedal...zorua turns from quadrupedal to bipedal when it evolves ..

I mean't the typing...yeah Grass/Steel fits DONKAY!! (Shrek)...and yeah I guess but the first form of your post is quad as well

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Sweed said:
    The attachment shows what I think the starters will be.

Haha yeah.

PS: When will the silhouettes be unveiled?

PSS: If the Grass-starter is really a Donkey, my starter will the the grass type, without doubt (;​
    Coro Coro should reveal them May 15th but it will probably be leaked earlier so expect them to be revealed some time this week.

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said:
    Wonder how the evolutions of them will look like... but first we need the Silhouettes first...do you think they will show their evos with the basic starters like they showed Zorua with zoroark and Zoroark was the only one we knew they were going to reveal, maybe they surprise us with the evolution of the starters,sure hope so then i can decide then and now which starter i'm going to get.
    Going from how they did it in the past when revealing pre-release pokemon I don't think they will show the evo's until the game is released

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back